v36 Crime Patch

So why remove the Hydro one and not the Buildings one? Just curious.

There is also a complaint about a button missing in Civilopedia for Militia. Any ideas?

JosEPh

To All V36 Release users: The v36 release problem with Rope Factory fix is in this Patch.

JosEPh

So why remove the Hydro one and not the Buildings one? Just curious.
I picked the one with the most descriptive name as in the end we want there to only be one text.xml for buildings in core. while I'm away from my comp. until feb. I could probably move all the relevant entries from hydrotext to buildingstext.

Oxford University appears to have been broken by this patch when applied to V36 release (not SVN). Button shows up as pink square, and attempting to build it results in an immediate CTD. Fiddling with the art defines XML to see if I can figure it out.

Edit: Yep, messing with the path in the <Button> resolved the crash. For some reason, I managed to turn the button into the vanilla one for Wall Street instead, but hey, the game works, good enough. I figure a path change for the icon between the SVN and V36 release is responsible.

Yes, Oxford got a new button as it is now included in a set of world wonders limited to one selection from the group of world wonders per civilization. I suppose without having the new fpk to back it, getting an xml only update would cause a crash there.

One of many reasons I suggest to use the SVN rather than patching.

I suppose I could export the Assets and Source Folders from the SVN, Before the New Hide & Seek, Invisibility Options, and such was added, as a Big Patch for v36 users by using my Dropbox acct. But my Computer does Not stay On 24/7. So there would be that. And I wouldn't be using the current SVN because there is still too much change going on.

Yeah it would be nice if v36 users adopted the SVN method. But I don't see that happening on a widespread basis. Just didn't want v36 users to have to suffer for a year like v35 users had to with no "patching" being done at all.

I'll think on this for a bit. Because I don't need or want a lot of "hassle" over what has changed and what seems broken by doing such a patch. As I don't possess the "skill set" to do more than xml "fixes" at best. It would be a "Buyer Beware" Patch, if I do it.

JosEPh

Upon checking thru the SVN I will not be excluding the New Combat Mod Options T-brd has installed. Too complicated to try.

I am attempting to get SVN 8957 Assets and Source folders uploaded to Dropbox. There are 2 Folders (Assets and Sources) that will be compressed with winrar, and are 880+ MB in size. If upload to my dropbox account is successful I will post the Link in the Opening Post of this thread with instructions.

At all v36 users, cross your fingers!

Edit: SVN 8957 not usable will see if 8956 is a more stable.
EDIT2: Have found SVN 8952 to be most stable current build.
EDIT3:Uploading SVN 8963 to Dropbox acct. now. Hopefully will have available in about an hour or so.
JosEPh :)

The Mega Patch for v36 release users is now up! See 1st Post in this thread for Link to D/L from.

And Merry Christmas to ALL! :D

JosEPh

Thanks very much and Merry Christmas to you, too!:rudolf:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone who helps in creating this great mod; and everyone who enjoys it!:);)

Dropbox doesn't give me a count on number of D/Ls (that I know of anyway). To those using it, You are Most welcome.

As fast as Thunderbrd is adding new features I may have to do a New mega patch soonish. :lol:

JosEPh

Now that the techs are in place, feel free to adjust prereqs on crimes. I didn't mess with any of that but there's certainly new valid points for placement now.

New v36 Patch available see 1st Post.

JosEPh

Thanks a lot for these patches.

You're Welcome. :)

Having a dropbox acct has made it possible for me to supply patches now that I'm a Team Member.

JosEPh

Sparth's latest SVN 8998 Patch link in 1st post (OP) of this Thread.

Enjoy.

JosEPh

Sparth's latest SVN 8998 Patch link in 1st post (OP) of this Thread.

Enjoy.

JosEPh
I downloaded Sparth's patch you have linked here, but it looks like it's at least 3 months old, or older. It did not even have hide and seek anywhere on it. It's possibly something on my PC i guess, but I have no clue what it could be.

I downloaded Sparth's patch you have linked here, but it looks like it's at least 3 months old, or older. It did not even have hide and seek anywhere on it. It's possibly something on my PC i guess, but I have no clue what it could be.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14118644&postcount=202

This is what sparth posted as to version.

I suppose with the Big Fix of T-brd and Sparth's massive FPK files clean up a New patch may be in order.

JosEPh

Top Bottom