A silly modding question

pepper2000

King
When you are testing a building or other concept you design, are you offended when the AI chooses not to use it?

When you are testing a building or other concept you design, are you offended when the AI chooses not to use it?

New buildings and other elements of the mod which similar copies already was included in BTS are used by AI.

Yes, and the city governors and AI are using most of what I designed. But I find myself wondering what the logic is behind some of the decisions it makes. And silly though it sounds, I find it irritating when the AI foregoes a building that I am particularly happy about, or for which I like the artwork. Can the AI be redesigned to take art quality into account?

Yes, and the city governors and AI are using most of what I designed. But I find myself wondering what the logic is behind some of the decisions it makes. And silly though it sounds, I find it irritating when the AI foregoes a building that I am particularly happy about, or for which I like the artwork. Can the AI be redesigned to take art quality into account?

lol. No. However, a building CAN be given an iAIweight tag amount if for some reason its not being evaluated to be quite as valuable as you believe the AI should see it as.

Better still we have a discussion to determine what tag usage the AI is ignoring that would make the building have more value than the AI is perceiving. Art is not a consideration but real logic and strategic factors should be and if being overlooked it can help the whole ai structure to identify this.

Thanks. On a more serious note, I've noticed the AI improve tremendously over the time I have been playing. One thing I have been wondering is if it would be possible to put a high weight on buildings that produce a resource that the city doesn't have. I don't see the rhyme and reason now in when the AI will choose to produce factories and then which ones.

Thanks. On a more serious note, I've noticed the AI improve tremendously over the time I have been playing. One thing I have been wondering is if it would be possible to put a high weight on buildings that produce a resource that the city doesn't have. I don't see the rhyme and reason now in when the AI will choose to produce factories and then which ones.

That's the kind of thing that would need to be addressed in the coding really.

Top Bottom