Diplomatic Victory too easy.

yup, too easy, I started a game on immortal with venice, and was going for a science win, however I had the worst start in history, the 3 civs that survived, were just dominating in everything, and I had to go for a diplomatic victory, ofc I had the most gold which is not that hard when playing venice, however to my complete surprise, none of the civs tried to stop me... Ethiopia, Spain and Mongols were just laying on huge amounts of gold 15k, 8k and 5k, and did nothing.... Least satisfying victory I got... And last time I was venice I had to not vote for me as the world leader to get a cultural win... This is silly, have to try it on Deity...

Deity is pretty much the same. I tried it once. I loaded a save 10 turns before the vote. I had about 100 gold and three cs allies. After a few adjustments I was making 1.3k gpt for 10 turns and that's all it took to win. At the same time Brazil was happily sitting on 25k gold reserves and did absolutely nothing to prevent me from winning the game

Yeah, the only challenge I had in a DV game was Greece being aggressive using their gold for alliances. Twice I had to come up with about 12k in 10 turns to prevent a loss. Not hard to do and the third time was able to hold enough to win the vote. Still cheesy though.

I also agree that diplomatic victory is way too easy. I suck at this game and I won on immortal difficulty simply because i played Sweden went freedom and didnt give a hoot . I just spammed my great people to every city state in the game and got patronage and I won incredibly easily. I only grew my capital and i had a small defensive army with many wall upgrades. I won before anyone had the chance to nuke me so yeah it was pretty faceroll.

I have won a couple of times on Immortal in which i literally won only coz diplomatic victory is so easy. If i try avoiding the diplomatic victory and playing on to win it in a different way i usually lose due to the science victory.

Only once with Babylon i won with any victory i wanted basically coz i dominated everyone so badly. (Babylon is too op even on Immortal. Next up need to try Babylon on Deity)

But what is this talk of spending gold to get city states !! Who spends gold ! Use your spies to coup every single City State . That is so much easier (and free more importantly) . Also the AI can keep spending money on gaining favor and you can just instantly use the Coup option to regain the City State till the AI are out of gold.

^^Because coups aren't 100 percent successful. And lots of people spend gold. What else are you going to do with it? And if one wants to win a diplomatic victory you need more city states than just the couple you can coup. Or a lot more than you can coup to get extra culture, luxuries, and happiness.

And you can't coup every single City State at once and keep every city state as allies doing that.

Also, CS has to have an ally for you to be able to coup. Sometimes the quests are not feasible to do and you'll be forced to buy the CS.

Top Bottom