I had some stable games this weekend!

CraigMak

The Borg
I'm not sure if there was a patch or some sort of hot fix but I had some really good games this weekend. One that lasted for about 4 hours and then the next day I had one that lasted for a whopping 6 hours and ended with me going for the earthling settlers and another player making the mind flower.

Is it just good luck or has anyone else noticed a dramatic increase in stability?

Well, no patches have come out so I'd suggest it's just good luck or the players you played with.

Yep, never mind. I had like 20 games crash in some way before turn 50. Looks like it's back to its old crappy self.

What is Tunngle? Ive found it to be a lot more stable with the turn timer disabled and DLC uninstalled.

For what it's worth - was at a LAN party 2 weekends ago, and had a 7-player (+1 AI) game run to completion. Had a fair share of desyncs, but the game never crashed out (I was hosting) - just would get a little choppy when someone desynced, and then we'd jump to the loading/sync screen and it'd get caught back up.

Was pleasantly surprised at the [relative] stability of the game - I remember Civ V at launch when we'd have frequent crashes & total disconnects. If the first BE patch can address the desyncs, that'd go a long way to making it much more stable than I've ever had a Civ game!

Top Bottom