Installing Dune Wars and Installation Issues

Thanks for the feedback! I have tested the download and it is working for me. We have a thousand successful downloads. Are you able to download other mods?

Yep. This and Fury Road are the only ones I've tried that I can't download.

edit: Exact error message:
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /fury-road/dune-wars-1-5.exe could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Both Fury Road and Dune Wars are stored on the server jendaveallen.com, which is my family's public website. Are you able to visit jendaveallen.com? If not, please contact your ISP. There is no reason I can see why you should be unable to access it. For the next patch 1.5.5, I will try putting it on some other server such as mediafire.

Site gives the same error.

I have to admit, it's pretty odd... been using the Internet for a long time and that's the first time I have ever seen a 406.

I have switched the civfanatics download page for 1.5 and 1.5.4 from my personal server, jendaveallen.com, to a commercial download host, mediafire.com. I hope this will reduce the number of failed download requests.

I have switched the civfanatics download page for 1.5 and 1.5.4 from my personal server, jendaveallen.com, to a commercial download host, mediafire.com. I hope this will reduce the number of failed download requests.

An even better solution might be to link to the uploaded files on Moddb. That's how the main FFH2 download is currently setup. That way you get download figures on both civfanatics and moddb.

The only hassle is waiting for approval when you upload the files to moddb - but you can always link to somewhere else temporarily so as not to delay the release of a patch.

There is now a patch for the Music Pack that sorts out 1.5.5 compatibility. Download here. The main Music Pack download is now updated to a new 1.5.5 version. If you have the existing Music Pack installed you only need the Patch.

I just played a good 6 and a half hours and won a terraforming victory as the Fremen :D it was fantastically fun, no bug or anything! there was also barely any turn lag and the ai was definately challenging. i love the different diplomacy modifiers a lot, and the change of food to water is also a great idea :)

oh and i cant finish without a massive kudos to the Art. the bredth and depth of art i nthe mod just makes me go WOW, especially what youve done with the different elevations and such.

im going to have to read the books now!

im going to have to read the books now!

If the mod makes people want to read the book, then that is a great result in my opinion. Thanks for the positive feedback! :)

Great! Now get back to making warhammer work *cracks whip*. :)
Seriously, glad you liked it PL. Though having never read Dune is something of a crime against humanity.

Great! Now get back to making warhammer work *cracks whip*. :)

shhh! you never saw me here ;)

Seriously, glad you liked it PL. Though having never read Dune is something of a crime against humanity.

oh ive known about Dune for ages, i played the game as a youngun when computers first became cool and have one of the newer Dune games. just never got around to reading the books :)

You don't need to have read any of the sequels, they aren't nearly as good, but Dune itself is a masterpiece.

Top Bottom