The game in a nutshell

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
You win CiV by having powerhouse cities.

You win powerhouse cities by having lots of food.

You get the food with cargo ships and caravans (and all the other ways you can).

Concentrate on food and you're a powerhouse.

I wonder how long it will take me to figure out the 'game in a nutshell' of CIV:BE?

I'm sure it will be elementary.

DomV doesn't require food, just hammers.
Nor does time ;)

Civ V in a Nuthshell:

Start a new game.
Your neighbor is Gandhi.
Find out he is a nuke loving warmonger the hard way.

History Simulator 2014.

10/10 simply the best game i have ever played ever

Even though Ghandi builds nukes. He is never programmed to declare war on you unless another civilization requests it.

I am not sure if this statement is accurate. I am pretty sure ANY civ can and will DOW, given the right circumstances.

Civ V in a Nuthshell:

Start a new game.
Your neighbor is Gandhi.
Find out he is a nuke loving warmonger the hard way.

History Simulator 2014.

10/10 simply the best game i have ever played ever

Even though Ghandi builds nukes. He is never programmed to declare war on you unless another civilization requests it.

I am not sure if this statement is accurate. I am pretty sure ANY civ can and will DOW, given the right circumstances.

Everything is flavor driven so there are things that can cause even a low flavor to have built up so many points from the circumstances to do so.

Gandhi's love of nukes started as a bug from either Civ 1 or Civ 2, (it was meant to be a really low value but got fat fingered with a "1" in front of it) but for some unknown reason firaxis has continued that tradition of having Gandhi have the highest nuke flavor of the game in Civ 3, 4, and 5.

(it was meant to be a really low value but got fat fingered with a "1" in front of it)

Ah, I thought it was when Democracy was invented Ghandi would always go for it, and it would add a -4 to your DoW flavour, but he was already at 2/3, it went to negative which put it at the highest war flavour instead, and democracy was conveniently unlocked as he gets nukes :p

I've never played the game in a nutshell. Usually, I play it in my bedroom.

Which is primarily based on...

Hey all those brains do not work by photosynthesis... ;)

Anyway it's really any 4x in a nutshell:

"GROW!"

"FAST!"

CivV just doesn't let you grow wide very much, which means you have to put a stronger emphasis on the available food on the cities that you have.

I think it is difficult to discuss Civ 5 in a short sound-byte/nutshell. Although there are certainly Alpha Strategies (particularly at Emperor+) , many games require you to adapt to the unique situations unfolding on any given Map. That being said, I think we must be careful of over-simplification when trying to reduce Civ 5 to a few short sentences.

I think it is difficult to discuss Civ 5 in a short sound-byte/nutshell. Although there are certainly Alpha Strategies (particularly at Emperor+) , many games require you to adapt to the unique situations unfolding on any given Map. That being said, I think we must be careful of over-simplification when trying to reduce Civ 5 to a few short sentences.

I believe it is possible...

BLOODY ADDICTIVE!

See... I did it. :crazyeye:

I still believe that Gandhi represents Civilization V quite well. I also forgot to mention that Shaka Zulu fights for Freedom and America is led by Chairman Washington.

No no. You divert resources and turns to building a gigantic army that is obsolete when you get there. I personally love it when my cavalry has to run from surprise bombers.

Everything is flavor driven so there are things that can cause even a low flavor to have built up so many points from the circumstances to do so.

Gandhi's love of nukes started as a bug from either Civ 1 or Civ 2, (it was meant to be a really low value but got fat fingered with a "1" in front of it) but for some unknown reason firaxis has continued that tradition of having Gandhi have the highest nuke flavor of the game in Civ 3, 4, and 5.

Really? Wow..
I'm also sure that gandhi still has the same appearance from civilization 1: bold, with glasses and skinny.

Top Bottom