How to effectively use the Shoshone

Chris3894

Warlord
I was playing a game recently with my friend and he was Poland and I was owning him early game thanks to the Pathfinders and getting really good bonuses out of ruins. But after that I didn't know what direction to go in with the Shoshone and ended up falling behind tremendously. I was wondering how to effectively play the Shoshone or just what play style you prefer to use while playing as them

Shoshone is all about getting an excellent start and using the snow ball effect from there.

With your game being MP game, many of the SP tactics don't apply, but in a MP game you definitely want to use ruins to upgrade all Pathfinders that you've built to archer type units before you run out of ruins on the map. This will gave you archery type units that ignore terrain costs.

In an MP game, you need to abuse the pathfinders. Attack scouts and warriors, early and often. Slow down their ability to explore. This gives you a two fold benefit, you can scout out choke points with your nice border on start cities. Also, you cab grab more ruins.

I will be honest, against a human with Poland, I would build up to attack him ASAP!! Those frigging free SP's are a real killer. :) Build up 4 pathfinders, upgrade two to comp bows, just take him out. That early in game, he should not be much of a bother.

Shoshone is all about getting an excellent start and using the snow ball effect from there.

With your game being MP game, many of the SP tactics don't apply, but in a MP game you definitely want to use ruins to upgrade all Pathfinders that you've built to archer type units before you run out of ruins on the map. This will gave you archery type units that ignore terrain costs.

This.

Always take the unit upgrade first before anything else.

Get new pathfinders out so they can also get a unit upgrade.

Well my game was doomed from the beginning I started on the west coast of a continent with very little room to the north of me, the east taken up by Poland and Venice and Siam, and the South about 3-4 tiles below my capital was just snow-tundra it was one of the worst starts I've had in a while

Land grab, buy tiles and soak up as many Luxuries and Strategics as possible. Focus on Gold and Science and build the Shoshone Spaceship.

Top Bottom