What, if anything, do you think may get cut for the DS version?

Col. West

Chieftain
I understand that they said game engine would be identical for all platforms, but they're probably going to have to do more then just hit the graphics hard to fit the game onto the DS game card.

Personally, I think the ability to name rivers and plains and whatever else we might find that is nameable.

Based on I have seen and heard, including a time at Firaxis' headquarters playing a preview build last fall, gameplay between the platforms will indeed be the same. I do not believe the ability to name geographical features discovered or any other feature will be eliminated.

Out of curiosity, why do you believe this of all features will not be found on the DS version?

@Col. West: a DS cartridge can hold a surprising amount of data(around 1 GB), so I highly doubt anything other than graphics would need to be cut...since about 75% of the space used in any game is graphics.

The DS version, aside from graphics and interface, is the exact same game as the console version, with the exception of the civilopedia.

You can play through Game of the Week on the DS as practice, go home, and play it on the console and expect the same map, gameplay, AI play-style, features, etc.

I encourage everyone to go out on June 3, and buy all 3 versions, so that they can be compared accurately. ;)

Yea, we ended up using a huge gamecard to allow more saves (I think the count is up to 5). :)

Top Bottom