New Unit: Yamato Class Battleship

Hey, I can't find the "Add new unit" button on my editor. Where do I go to find this? BTW, where are all of the .wav files for the Yamato?

Wow, Thanks!! Hahaha.. I never did get around to doing that for this unit or my Chinese Junk, I just get started on a new project right away as soon as I finish one. Right now I'm working on a WW1 battlewagon. What can I say, battleships are pretty cool! :)

As for the .wav files.. I must be stupid or something, because I can't get my .ini files to read soundeffect files from other folders, as with DarkSheer's units. So on my comp, I just cut and paste the sounds from the battleship folder, then modify my Yamato Class.ini file accordingly. It works fine, just requires a minute to set up. If anyone knows how to make the .ini files work right, that'd be great, its just that on my system, it won't read the .wav files from anywhere else. Don't know why.

Go ahead and use it. Also, I have a WW1 battleship on this forum somewhere too, which you are free to use, and I'm about to post the Bismark. Most of the units I'll be making are from ww2, and many will be for the pacific war, as that's what interests me personally. This weekend I'm going to re-do parts of this unit. It's going to look the same, just be less jumpy. This was only the second one I'd made, so I've learned a few tricks to help me clean it up some. I'll post the new version, if you'd rather wait. Hope when we can actually get scenarios, someone will consider making a good ww2 one, like we had with civ2. I was a big fan of those, and can't wait to see my name on some credits!!:D

Yeah, I'm a WW2 Pac fanatic too. You should make a Yorktown-class carrier! That would be AWSOME!!!!

I intend to, but not just right away... I'm getting a bit sick of naval units, as you might imagine!

one thing that would help is if you (all you unit makers, you great people :)) would add a ReadMe that details how to put this unit into the game. it would help us newbies a whole bunch. I still can't figure out that stuff. . .:(

Originally posted by Defectiv
It was originaly called Starblazers :)
Got it on video, check a good anime/manga store, they still sell it :)
[nitpick mode]
No, it was originally called 'Space Battleship Yamato' and when it was dubbed for the US, they renamed in Star Blazers. They renamed the ship into the Argo for it too.
[/nitpick mode]

I want the wave motion cannon too. ;)

What picture do I use for the Civilopedia? Where can I find this picture, also?

Razorwing posted some pedia pics on page1 of this thread

Originally posted by The Art of War
Yeah, I'm a WW2 Pac fanatic too. You should make a Yorktown-class carrier! That would be AWSOME!!!!

The carriers you are talking about were made in greater numbers than any other carrier and were the main strength of the U.S. fleet: but they were Essex-class carriers. The first was Essex, CV-9 , and Yorktown was CV-10.

Actually, before the 25 Essex-class, there were three (3) Yorktown ships, the Yorktown, Enterprise, and the Hornet. FOr more info, check out navy.mil.

I thought you meant yorktown II, as those first 3 carriers were not the bulk of the U.S. carrier force. Those first ones were orginally designed as battle-cruisers in the 30's; they coverted the design to carriers after the hulls were laid. Of course those first were very historically significant because of Midway: its just that the Essex class were bigger and better.

I know the Essex were "bigger and better", but many of the great events of the early part of the war happened off the three Yorks. Hornet launched the Doolittle Raid, Enterprise survived and fought in every major battle of the war. . .

I take back the part about the Yorktown class starting as battle cruisers... that was Lexington and Saratoga.
In any case, if someone made a Pacific war mod they could easily use one class or the other, as they weren't greatly different in a macroscopic sense. More importantly, somene should definitely make a Japanese-style carrier, something like Hiryu or similar Shokaku class.
If we continue this any further it should be in a new thread.

true, I'll make a thread in General Discussion.

Also, for someone who knows, I downloaded the civilopedia icons, but where do I put them to get them to show up on the little icon selection picture in the editor? Thanks to those who can help me:D .

Help!! I just downloaded your custom units, but how do u add it into the game!!!??????? PLZ help me out!!

Top Bottom