Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Atari

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • A shoebox

Votes: 16 6.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say PS2 or Wii if at all possible. It'll probably be better on the Wii (the Wiimote could prove interesting) but realistically I'd rather get it for PS2 since I'm far more likely to take that with me when I up roots.

If at all possible, of course...

oooooo, the have AOE for DS?

AOE for the DS is quite different from the RTS version. Actually, it's more like Civ in that it is turn-based. For quite a while it was my favorite DS game.

oh, it's turn-based? what kind of AOE game is that?:confused:

It's actually a bit like Civ.

oh, I'll try it then.....

I picked up a DS at xmas just so I would be ready for this.

Love the zelda game and FF3. Will finish them and be prepared for the Revolution

I picked up a DS at xmas just so I would be ready for this.

Love the zelda game and FF3. Will finish them and be prepared for the Revolution

Same here - absolutely loved the Zelda game. Since Christmas, I've played through Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and working through Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. I've also got Age of Kings, which is quite fun and challenging.

In the US, Anno 1701 AD is coming out on March 4. I'm definitely grabbing it. It's been out in Europe for a while.

I'm disappointed CivRev is coming in June rather than April, but it's coming nonetheless. :D

I don't know what to get it for...I've got the 360, Wii and DS...I may get it for both 360 and DS lol. I love my Wii, but Game of the Week competitions and achievement points give the 360 my vote for CivRev over Wii, I think.

I don't know what to get it for...I've got the 360, Wii and DS...I may get it for both 360 and DS lol. I love my Wii, but Game of the Week competitions and achievement points give the 360 my vote for CivRev over Wii, I think.

Don't fret about it, especially since the Wii version is on "indefinite hold." If you get it for both the 360 and DS, then w/ my copy of the DS version, that may be enough to convince Firaxis to finish the Wii version. ;) :goodjob:

Also If you got a HDTV then Xbox360 more likely will show more on the screen at once (like the Civ4 on PC) which is another plus over SD Wii. With most PC games including Civilization even 1024 X 768 seems small to me compared to 1280X1024 plus.

you realize that the Wii is not entirely SD, just like the Xbox wasn't SD. There are component cables for the Wii, and it is capable of running a game in 720...there just havne't been any games that supported it yet.

In theory yes it's possible you could push the Wii to 720p but in reality I wouldn't count on it especially when they having to crunch the game down as it is now. Even with 360/ps3 specs which can run games in 1080p, most games are running in 720p.

Smash brothers will be pretty close to 720p, if it isn't(perhaps 720i or the resolution halo 3 was...648p or something weird like that)

Smash brothers will be pretty close to 720p, if it isn't(perhaps 720i or the resolution halo 3 was...648p or something weird like that)
As far as I know SSBB is 480p in 16:9 format like a lot of other Wii games.

I'm sorry but the significant % of people that chose the WII, I have to ask what you are thinking. CIV REV is a serious game, and its quite well known that the WII is not a serious gamers platform. Its fun, don't get me wrong, I love exploiting the tennis serving flaw to my inlaws who start calling me cheap. But its not next gen, if you are going to play a serious turn piece stategy game for 5 hours (or like me, a lot longer using the 'keep on playing after victory' option) WII is not a platform that is built for this.

I'm sorry but the significant % of people that chose the WII, I have to ask what you are thinking. CIV REV is a serious game, and its quite well known that the WII is not a serious gamers platform. Its fun, don't get me wrong, I love exploiting the tennis serving flaw to my inlaws who start calling me cheap. But its not next gen, if you are going to play a serious turn piece stategy game for 5 hours (or like me, a lot longer using the 'keep on playing after victory' option) WII is not a platform that is built for this.

I don't own a Wii, so I don't have any dog in that fight, but your explanation doesn't even make any sense. By what standard is the Wii not a "serious gamers platform?" I have a Nintendo DS, which a lot of people would say is a kids' games platform, does that make it any less serious?

I have to agree w/ XL above. "Next Gen" is irrelevant here. Why would 5+ hours of gaming not work on a Wii? Because of the remote controls (wand & numchuk)? Do you think someone will get tired? On the off-chance they do, they can always use the wand as a traditional gamepad, which I think all my Wii games allow for.

And, as for serious strategy games, Advance Wars on the DS is... serious. Just give it a go on your console. Oh, I forgot, it's just on the DS. ;)

CivRev is a turn-based strategy game, not an ADHD first-person shooter.

According to Firaxis, the reason is not that the Wii is unsuited, just that they do not have the manpower in house to do another version simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom