What do you like to call your religion?

Commissar_Yari

Chieftain
I like to rename mine sometimes, usually to Subgenius. In a multiplayer game I called it Scientology once, lol. I saw a friend call his Enkindlers (from Mass Effect).

Just wanted to know what people like to rename their religions to if at all.

Demonism (what a surprise) :)

Edit: I usually (for this) use the Torii as a symbol and I pretend that it is a sacrificial altar.

"CS wants <religion>"

That text makes it tempting to use a lot of interesting words as your religion name.

"CS wants war" "CS wants love" "CS wants sex" Moderator Action: attention, please don't go more dirty than this, thanks.

My choice lately has been "Sacred Dragon".

I've been calling my religion "Civism" so far. Haven't felt inclined to come up with anything more imaginative.

I saw that MadDjinn used a mod for Pastafarianism, which included an icon, which I thought was quite amusing, but I care so little for religion outside of the actual game mechanic, I don't really care about the names much.

I wish there was an option to opt for a non-religious philosophy for your Civ, like humanism, or just plain old atheism, that came with different bonuses than the religions. There could be interesting interactions between the secular and religious Civs throughout the eras too. I think it'd be nice to at least have the option anyway.

I keep mine as is...
Christianity if I can get there first, otherwise I'll take whatever I can find.

Secular civs? Aren't they just the ones who never invested in faith and so don't actually have a pantheon / religion? :p

I called my 'Naked Women' once just because I wanted to see the CSs want naked women! I even themed my choices towards it. The Pantheon was Fertility Rites. The Founder belief was Tithe because who doesn't want to pay to see naked women. The Follower beliefs were Religious Center and Religious Community. Center because who doesn't get happy after going to see naked women and Community because even wants to work hard for naked women. The Enhancer was Religious Texts! Yes, we passed out texts of naked women that the Dutch, Songhai, and Aztecs really enjoyed...

It depends on who I am. I played a game as Ethiopia and called it Rastafarianism. I've called it Capitalism before when playing as America. I usually don't customize the name, but I did recently play a game where I went total war and named it "Submission" just so I could see the game say "CS wants Submission" and "You have spread submission to Madrid".

I run the Pastafarianism mod, which really just saved me the trouble of typing "Pastafarianism" in every game plus added a neat little flying spaghetti monster icon.

As Mayans, naming your religion "The Long Count" will give you endless smiles.

X wants the long count. You know how gangsta that looks in the message board.

I call my religion "atheism" so my population can feel intellectually superior.

I name my religion "Kissing" - well not exactly that, but "Kissing" is as close as I can get without being banned for a while. :mischief:

Okay, thanks to your inspiration I will found a similar religion in my next game, called "A Good" and then that other word. :lol:

I named one of my religions after myself and called it "The Grapevine." In another game I have the Mayans spreading some weird alternate-universe Christianity simply called "The Gospel."

I usually base on the Civ I'm playing and the situation. My current Dutch Tech game has Polderism (yeah, I hate -isms but "Church of the Polder" was too long). The people of the Netherlands constantly strive for that elusive promised land where they can build one of these (no Marsh tiles or Floodplains in my current city spots).

if I am playing as Russia or Byzantium and can get the cross I call my religion Orthodoxy but other than that I name my religion basd on a cultural person such as adeleology for England or Tolstoyism for Russia.

Top Bottom