Unable to load custom-made maps in-game

Mr. Confusion

Chieftain
---The Background:
I have been using the "Sid Meier's Civilization 5 SDK" World Builder to make custom maps to play on in Civilization 5 Gods and Kings. It used to work without any problems, but for the past month neither Steam Support, 2K Support, nor I have been able resolve the following issue...
---The Procedure and the Problem:
1) I make a custom map correctly using the SDK world builder and save it to the default file location: computer-->local disk (C:)-->users-->owner-->my documents-->my games-->Sid Meier's cicilization 5-->maps
2) I close the SDK world builder and open Civilization 5 Gods and Kings through Steam using DirectX 10 and 11 (as recommended)
3) I proceed thusly: [mods]-->[accept]-->[next]-->[single player]-->[setup game]-->[advanced setup]-->I select my custom map from the drop-down list-->[back]-->[load scenario]-->[start game]
4) at this point the loading screen appears and the narrator begins to read my civilization's description. However, there is no loading activity and the game stops responding. The game can perfectly load the default maps (that the game came with), but it cannot load my custom maps for some reason. I do not know how to search for the problem. Please help me. I'll provide whatever system information is needed on top of what is already provided in my profile.

Top Bottom