Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

you guys have any more updates, additions, or anything in store for us with the WH mod?? :)

Nope. :p

Actually, I hope we'll see a good world map soon.

:gp:Actually, I hope we'll see a good world map soon.

I'm actually working on converting a couple of the maps done for previous versions of the WH mod to be compatible with 2.5 (correcting placement of changed resources, adding start locations for the new factions, getting highly anal about attractive coastlines, etc.)... what exactly is the etiquette before I release what's basically a mod of someone else's (the map artists) mod, and also, what are people's favourite existing maps?

Nothing like starting on a bit of mountain-locked coast barely big enough for two cities, half of which is tundra to boot, when playing as Loren to inspire one to get to work on a map...

...what exactly is the etiquette before I release what's basically a mod of someone else's (the map artists) mod, and also, what are people's favourite existing maps?
Well, it's always nice if you ask the original map maker before you post it. If that person is no longer around, and doesn't answer pm's/emails, then you can release it anyway.

Well, I have finished my (first?) conversion of an existing map of the Warhammer world to be compatible with the new expansion.

Get it here.

If there's interest I may convert another (a WH map by another artist) for public distribution.

A last minute bug report before it is time to celebrate New Year's Eve:

• The Questing Knight is according to the Civilopedia supposed to spawn Battle Pilgrims, but does in fact spawn asian Settlers.
  • Another thing (that could be intentional?) is that several units are tagged Invisible but not with Hidden Nationality which triggers the infamous Submarine Bug, i.e. AI starts war unintentionally by accidentally running into the invisible unit.

Played as Skaven and Bretonnia so far, and having great fun!!! Even the Mistress of the House loves this scenario, and she's not really into compugames otherwise. :goodjob:

A last minute bug report before it is time to celebrate New Year's Eve:

• The Questing Knight is according to the Civilopedia supposed to spawn Battle Pilgrims, but does in fact spawn asian Settlers.
Drat!
Seems I have to post an update one of these days.
  • Another thing (that could be intentional?) is that several units are tagged Invisible but not with Hidden Nationality which triggers the infamous Submarine Bug, i.e. AI starts war unintentionally by accidentally running into the invisible unit.

Played as Skaven and Bretonnia so far, and having great fun!!! Even the Mistress of the House loves this scenario, and she's not really into compugames otherwise. :goodjob:
Invisible units with known nationality is intentional. Submarines are not. ;)
Nice to hear that you and the missus likes it, mine does as well. :)

I played a couple of games of the new version and had a big time.
Now I have just tried some tweaks importing new maps and changing starting location.
Not satisfied,I aborted it but now when I'm trying to start a new game I'm getting this following strange error:

Missing entry in "Scenarios\WH2\text\PediaIcons.txt: ICON_BLDG_Cauldron"

What happened? Have I made some faults during the work on the tweaks?
I tried to replace the 2.5 mod with the original 2.5 I downloaded some days ago,but still get the same error.

:confused:

Nope,I re-extracted and now it's allright.
Happy New Year

I can`t see some cool units unless I play with their civ? :(

Thats to bad.

I was at war with Naggaroth tho. And those Assassins (I suppose its them) were really pesky, attacking out of nowhere, and blocking my charges at an "empty" city :crazyeye:

And thats cool.

Could you just list teh invisible ones, tho? You didn`t exactly list the 2.5 changes in the Readme...

I can`t see some cool units unless I play with their civ? :(

Thats to bad.

I was at war with Naggaroth tho. And those Assassins (I suppose its them) were really pesky, attacking out of nowhere, and blocking my charges at an "empty" city :crazyeye:

And thats cool.

Could you just list teh invisible ones, tho? You didn`t exactly list the 2.5 changes in the Readme...
I added the 2.5 changes to the second post. I'm not sure it will help you, but that's what emb and aaglo had to work with. ;)
The invisible units are the ones that had Stealth attack before. These should be Sneaky Gitz, Ninja, Agent, Assassin, Chameleon, Hassasin, Clan Eshin Assassin.

Thank you all for this mod, the changes so far are excellent, love the graphics, it is easily my fav Christmas present.

It arrived just as my in-laws did for Christmas, so I was able to play, avoid them, and thus avoid bloodshed. It might cost me my wife in the end, but hey, if she turns out like her family, I will be better off.

Thanks mrtn and everyone else for not giving up on this mod and Civ 3!

:wow: Looking great guys! ive finally given up on Civ 4 (my comps too crappy for it :p) so ive reinstalled civ 3 just in time to download my favourite mod :D. i cant wait to see how these skaven are going. awsome jod aaglo and mrtn and team :)

Top Bottom