Your first BNW game

My plan is to play a game against the nine new civs, so I get to see what it's like to interact with them. Maybe as France, since they've been revamped, and probably on Pangaea.

I would play the game as France and include 9 GNK civs and 9 BNW civs on a earth map; ill then play the game as:
1-Zulu
2-Portugal
3-Assyria
4-Brazil
5-Poland

Will play as Sweden with Freedom, focused on GP.

I'll play the civ whose abilities intrigue me the most and seems like the most fun to play as on a huge map, marathon speed. Don't know what script but for the civ, right now it's between Assyria and Portugal.

1. France
2. Large (10 players)
3. 20 city states (default)
4. Pangea
5. Quick
6. France vs all new Civs (for Leaderheads).
7. Diplomatic and Cultural the only two victories enabled.

First game will be on a huge map with the new civs to see how they look like and how they work. Two random civs added and India - just to see Gandhi's response on banning nukes.

My second game will be the most interesting one: playing on a huge map with only domination victory allowed, with the following civs:
- Zulu
- Assyria
- The Huns
- Rome
- Aztecs
- Denmark
- Carthage
- Mongolia
- Germany
- Inca
- Greece

And see what kind of carnage will come out of it (subject to change in case of new warmonger civs)

The third game will be a game with European civs only; may the best European civ win!

My first game will be cultural focused so I can learn the new system. I will play with whichever of the new civilizations has the most intriguing unique's, right now its Brazil or Assyria. From there, we will see what happens.

I'm gonna play on my standards to test the new systems on a lower level.

Civ: Japan
Map: Continents, Standard size
Length: Standard
Difficulty: Prince

I did the same thing on G&K. It's how I discovered cities were *much* more difficult to take. I may end up playing Japan defensively, though, and shooting for a culture game.

I will try the Zulu in the second game. And, may try someone else in the third game, depending on who the remaining Civs are.

I'm gonna play on my standards to test the new systems on a lower level.

Civ: Japan
Map: Continents, Standard size
Length: Standard
Difficulty: Prince

Why Japan? Just a personal favorite, or something in particular with BNW?

If there are any new map scripts I will play on one of those, else probably just a standard/standard pangaea. Not very exciting, but it is one of those set-ups that will generally guarantee a decent game and no crazy starts.

Probably will play as Zulu, but may change depending on what else is added. It is tempting to play a game with all the new Civs, but if some of the other former Civs are changed (e.g. France) then I may throw them in if they have something interesting. With 43 Civs in the game I will probably pre-set the opponents instead of random since statistically you could go quite a number of games before ever seeing all 9 new Civs.

Played as Germany on a Real Location Earth map that I had made, named the file "First Reich", I took a break and they released some new DLC and some of the city-states' names were changed, couldn't stand it, and started a new game.

Poland, because I've been waiting ten years for a Polish civ.
Fractal, because I like surprises.
Immortal, my usual difficulty.
Standard/Standard, everything else default.

I'll play the hand I'm dealt, but probably start with Liberty, expand a little, go tall, and meander my way towards a Diplomatic Victory.

I'll probably play 9 as each of the new civilizations against at least one of the new civilizations. I don't know what other settings yet. Probably will optimize such that I can play with a new game feature.

My first game will be with the 8th civ they reveal and I'm going to try for a Science Victory. I'll probably choose a 5 million year old world with high sealevels. I think I'll choose the Order Ideology and I'll likely choose the Godess of the Sea Pantheon. And I'll move my initial Settlers 1 tile east, but I'll settle my second city somewhere to the south.

Why Japan? Just a personal favorite, or something in particular with BNW?

I often play as Japan (I love their history), and I'd like to try the new mechanics with a Civ I know like the back of my hand. Also, I'm hoping the Zero is improved in the expansion, perhaps getting that new kamikaze promotion.

Will play with either the Inca or France. Huge map with all the new civs. Pangea with most likely emperor difficulty.

Think I'll have a pop at the tourism system but in general I'll just try to get used to the new additions.

Did anyone say Random random random: King.

America
Russia
Germany
Korea
China
Poland
England
Zulu
Arabia or Ottomans, hard to decide

I'd play as Japan.Give a good WW2 flavoured game for the new Ideology mechanics. Then we could get some fun things, like the Godless communist Arabs declaring war on the freedom-loving russians for their oil resources. Or Americans Kamikazying into my ships.

Speaking of which, of all the civs, don't the Japanese have the least reason to pick up the kamikaze tenet? Their units still deal full damage even when low on health. I'm not saying they would never pick it up, but due to their UA they have the least reason to, which is a strange way to design it.

It's more accurate to say at least one UA has been reworked. We might get more that will be. Japan could be one of those if there are any.

Top Bottom