Demands - asking and answering

Never used. also AI never used against me. but sometimes friendly civs beg for help.

Sometimes? All the time. If these lazy gits spend half as much time getting resources themselves as they do begging me for help, they'd never need my help.

I actually got a demand from Hiwatha once. He said "You have something I want. Either hand it over or I take it from you." It was all of my gold. I told him do get lost and he said "Then war it is.":mad:

Aww man I'm almost inclined to say screenshot or it didn't happen! I never got anything like that, nor even received a "cautious" from another Civ. just some snooty remarks here and there about my culture or my soldiers.

Could it be because I'm playing on prince? Or probably because I haven't played a lot (prolly less than 15 campaigns overall.)

Aww man I'm almost inclined to say screenshot or it didn't happen! I never got anything like that, nor even received a "cautious" from another Civ. just some snooty remarks here and there about my culture or my soldiers.

Could it be because I'm playing on prince? Or probably because I haven't played a lot (prolly less than 15 campaigns overall.)

I was playing a 6v6 single player game on Emperor or king. I was dumbstruck! :eek: Also I've played like 1000 games of civ and it just recently happened to me so yeah I don't blame the skeptical!

In my limited experience playing CiV, I have never successfully demanded anything from the AI (no matter how large the disparity in our power), nor have they ever demanded anything from me in a hostile way. Only the all-too-common "requests" from friends. It isn't like Civ III at least, where the AI would demand from you often, sometimes even when they were actually weaker than you.

However, in skummelhustler's and DanielChe6's series of leader dialogue videos on YouTube, where they meet the leaders and then do a number of things like trade with them, make demands of them, and then declare war on them, I have seen a few leaders give in to a demand (and remember, this was the first turn they were met). In those videos, one of the things they say when they give in to a demand is "I will do whatever it takes to keep the peace."

Given that, I wonder what it takes to make the AI agree to demands?

I actually got a demand from Hiwatha once. He said "You have something I want. Either hand it over or I take it from you." It was all of my gold. I told him do get lost and he said "Then war it is.":mad:

I had that happen before, as well.

Top Bottom