Brave New World gameplay walkthrough w. Ed Beach posting tomorrow

Why not? Theres nothing to balance between them. And as far as we know, the buildings to host the GW are spread as well with Library appearing at Writing and the first building we know to host Great Music is Opera House.

Yes, actually that must be right. The only possible exception I could imagination for that would be Notre Dame, but that is probably just grasping for straws. Still leave's Seek's question about where Great Artists would be found open.

Diplomacy can be brutal. You can force someone to accept your terms out of fear! Just think about Germany that annexed Austria and the Sudetes without firing a weapon before WW2, with basically France and England backing them, because they feared another war.

Yes, also, there could be a tenet (or the opener if openers exist) where they get tourism upon capturing a city, same way the Autocracy SP gave culture for conquering cities.

Also, autocracy makes taking cities easier, cities with great works, which would help for cultural victory as well.

Additionally, some kind of bonus for those artifacts of "historic battles" could make sense for Autocracy, and perhaps even a tourism yield from citadels, or certain buildings such the military academy, to play the influence through fear angle.

As for Order, in the current game it has quite a bit in terms of production bonuses. There could be an Order tenet that enables the construction of some kind of project or building that costs a good deal of hammers but increases tourism, or even a straight-up wonder bonus like the one in Tradition. The production bonuses will also naturally help build the standard tourism buildings as well.

Another tenet idea for Order is a tourism yield from either mines (less yield per) or forts (more yield per).

And for Freedom, there's no shortage of ideas there.

Keep in mind I haven't gotten to see the video yet so maybe some of these ideas have already been shot down :blush:

With regards to what ideologies are good at, gameplay > historical semantics.

It sounds terrible with gameplay too if Autocracy lets me attack everyone and still win victory based on being the most popular. They must've really lowered the warmonger hate.

Someone did, but that's a good clean copy.

New things:
Printing Press (Globe Theater?)
Acoustics (???)
Architecture (Uffizi?)
Metallurgy (???)
Archaeology (I think it's saying it reveals archaeological sites and allows digs)
Refrigeration (Hotels?)
Flight (Airports?)
Radio (Hollywood?)

ETA:

Acoustics also gives you a new special star Christmas ornament thingy too.
So does Combustion
And Biology, Refrigeration, and Flight

Acoustics is probably related to Brazilian UI, I believe regardless if you are playing as the civ, it still says that for ALL civs. (which makes sense if you capture a cit with the UI within the cities borders)

Extra culture for Brazilwood comes with Acoustics? That would make sense.

Acoustics (Opera House) and Drama and Poetry (Amphitheater) are when the first buildings become available that have slots for Great Music and Great Plays.

There's no such things as Great Plays - Amphitheater hosts Great Writings (according the sticky thread, lazy to look for actual sources), which is logical (drama is a form of literature) and confirms Great Writings to be the earliest of GW.

Acoustics is probably related to Brazilian UI, I believe regardless if you are playing as the civ, it still says that for ALL civs. (which makes sense if you capture a cit with the UI within the cities borders)

True. No matter what civ you are, you see the benefit enhancements on the tech tree for unique improvements like the Maoi Statues, Terraces, and Polders. The reason for this is because you can capture those improvements from the civ that built them.

You don't see the ones for buildings like the Mughal Fort because they are buildings which get destroyed when you take a city.

Someone did, but that's a good clean copy.

New things:
Printing Press (Globe Theater?)
Acoustics (???)
Architecture (Uffizi?)
Metallurgy (???)
Archaeology (I think it's saying it reveals archaeological sites and allows digs)
Refrigeration (Hotels?)
Flight (Airports?)
Radio (Hollywood?)

ETA:

Acoustics also gives you a new special star Christmas ornament thingy too.
So does Combustion
And Biology, Refrigeration, and Flight

I broadly agree with your analysis, but what you've called Hollywood is Broadway (unless Hollywood is being included as well?)

I think some bonuses will reflect faster trade routes in the late game. For instance Refrigeration would make sense if it made your sea trade routes better (like the cargo ships we've seen pictures of). Similarly I could see Combustion upgrading Camel caravans to petrol-fuelled trucks.

Right, my bad - Broadway

I agree with your guesses as well.

I agree - Refrigeration makes sense to me as a representation of the start of containerization.

Here's the same bit as in G&K, there's two new things for Railroad in BNW as well - the Kremlin got moved here from Metallurgy and an effect; Banking and Fertilizer also get an effect each. Navigation unlocks the Feitora.

Wish he had asked about trade routes during peace, can Privateers actually be Privateers? Is the UN still a lame end to a Diplo victory?

Looks like Happiness builings are redone slightly since some of them are used for culture now. On this pic, Stadium is now on Refrigeration and it requires Zoo.

Attachments

• stadium.jpg
    stadium.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 451
Yes, I think Theatre is going to be a new Culture building with Zoo replacing it as the second tier building for Happiness

As was Temple, which became the second tier building for Faith with Amphitheatre replacing it as a Culture one.

Is the new star in the Flight tech the ability to airlift units, or is there an airport building later in the tech tree?

So theater is removed from printing press. I would guess its not removed from the game all together. It probably comes earlier and has some great artist slots at least. But where is the zoo?

Top Bottom