[SCENARIO] Feudal Japan - Sengoku-Jidai

Hello Andrew,

Played the map, really enjoyed it. One of the best I've ever played.
Is it possible for you to make a Northeast Asia map? Similar to the one came with Civ4 (that one was not accurate at all). Thanks!
Going to play the map again!

Just to announce that the newest version of the scenario is up.

This includes some tentative attempts at using the .XML - right now, I've just used it to remove settlers. Just put the Sengoku-Jidai folder in your "Mods" folder.

I also fixed-up the map a little here and there, and put in the full leader names provided by Mori Motonori a little while back.

Right now I'm looking into how the tech-tree works, and considering, at the very least, cutting out the later half and leaving only the appropriate techs. Better yet, would be to add a few techs, but I don't have any ideas right now for that.

There were some comments about the wonders, and I haven't changed them yet, but will work on that aspect too, and see what can be done to create more appropriate buildings/wonders, rather than the Oracle exploit.

Anyway, no huge changes right now, but I'm going to keep working on it when I have the time.

Oh no.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've tried it and it's not working for me either - and this is the only copy of the file I have left (!!!) because I could have sworn that it was working fine before I uploaded it.

Anybody still have the original file still around? I have no idea what's gone wrong here.

No problem, the error was pretty lame.

At the very top of the text when you're editing the .WBS file there's a line that says Version=11

I thought that since I was updating it, I'd change that to 12. Apparently you're not allowed to do that, or something. Out of everything I tried to fix, that was the problem.

Anyway, I'll have it back up once I restore some of the changes I deleted while trying to track down the problem, and also stick in a new feature - Monks as spies (They might as well be useful for something!)

combining these models from me and these poleflags will add some spice to your scenario :p i am going to make some more japanese units in the style of the ashigaru and modifying the samurai. Ask me if you are interested in anything (well pm me or post it in the ashigaru thread)

Andrew_Jay said:
That's right Bulldog - I think the most worthwhile religious conflict would be between Christianity and Budhism.

Another long-term idea would be to put in events where a Portugese Caraval shows up one of your ports from time to time, giving you the chance to choose whether or not to spread Christianity there (of course, if you make it your state religion, you could also spread it yourself with missionaries).

It would probably be more historically accurate if it was Dutch instead of Portugeese. Just a thought...

That's not true as the Dutch did not attempt to spread Christianity in Japan and only really gained prevalence following the end of the Sengoku era...

Well, how it works in Shogun: Total War is that the Portuguese show up and you have the choice of obtaining firearms (arqubusiers . . . or however it's spelled) from them in exchange for converting to Christianity.

If you don't want to convert, you can hold out until later when the Dutch will show up and offer you the guns for free, with no obligation to convert.

If it can be done in the game (and I'm sure it can by someone with more knowledge of this than I), you would have an event where the Portuguese show up in a coastal city, and you can choose to allow them to spread Christianity to that city or not. If you do, you of course have the opportunity to make it your state religion, and you could make a Christian state religion the prerequisite for building musketmen.

If you choose no, there can be a later event, with the Dutch, that somehow removes the religious requirement for the unit.

this scenario has great potential and the map is great.

Techs, wonders and units need to be heavily modified to presen the real athmosphere.

hi there, me again. perhaps you wanna include these units in your scenario!?

where do I download this scenarios or mods

I just got done playing this scenario and I have to say I enjoyed it alot. I am a big fan of the Total War series and of Japanese culture. I recommend this to anyone who wants a good game. Total gameplay from start to finish about 8-10 hours or so.

Props to the Author!

:dance: :thanx: :dance:

:clap:

Ooohhh, you really should add those models by sezereth, that would be too cool :cool:

Any updates to be expected sune? Scen specific units would be cool.

Loved the feodal japan scen for civ3 ans Im hoping this one would evolve more to that direction.

Top Bottom