[REQ]Riot Police (04/24/06)

GarretSidzaka said:
it took me awhile to figure it out, but it's not too comlplicated and it's all in the menu's. The thing im trying to say is he doesn't need pakbuild, he can just use the code i provided and it should work!!

i'm busy like hell this days, darn, can't even finish last updates for my mod and scenario 1901

dude, i made it the way u've said and it works good now, thx!

MaxRiga said:
i'm busy like hell this days, darn, can't even finish last updates for my mod and scenario 1901

I'm glad it was finally worked out. :)

MaxRiga said:

im so glad that helped. rabbit told me about it months ago. But i still havent fixed it in my Second Revolution yet :mischief:

This Police Unit is really awesome,
but I don't seem to have the templar-animation file :(
Don't worry, I know how to unpack the art-files from civ ;) and I also did found there a bunch of folders of the knight templar, there were textures, the nif-data... but no kfm...
I also tried the path GarretSidzaka did post for the animations, but if I try to use the unit in the game, there simply appears an error...
So could somebody please send me the kfm-data?
I would really love to integrate that unit in my mod :)
My mail adress: spooksnoop2000@yahoo.de

@SiLL: Double check that you unpacked all four files. For some reason they're not really ordered, so one file might contain templar NIFs, another textures, and yet another one the KF/KFM files. If you still can't get it I'll post the file, btw, do you have the KF files or do you need them as well?

Rabbit said:
@SiLL: Double check that you unpacked all four files. For some reason they're not really ordered, so one file might contain templar NIFs, another textures, and yet another one the KF/KFM files. If you still can't get it I'll post the file, btw, do you have the KF files or do you need them as well?
I just did look for one last time... no kfm file, in all four files... And I really don't get why, 'cause apperntly everybody else does have those animation :crazyeye:
But at least the KF files seem to be complete :D.
Anyways... It would be phenominal if u would post that freaking file ;)

GarretSidzaka said:
here you can use this one, out of my mod.

Thx ALOT, i put it in already, ahaha nice police shield. I am not into doing buttons yet and am even worse doing leaderheads, but i try, no success but i try, and again THX. :goodjob:

you know, buttons are really easy if you dont care about those crappy, rounded edges the vanilla buttons have.

all you have to do for a button is this:
step 1: download a picture you think will make a nice button
step 2. open the pic in a suitable photo editor (that can save in .DDS format)
step 3: select a perfectly square region (of any size, just must be perfect square)
step 4: copy it, then create new picture with the dimensions equal to the square's size
step 5: paste your picture in, then resize it to 64X64 pixels and no more than 200 dpi
step 6: save as <name>.dds and cross reference in the XML's
Viola!

GarretSidzaka said:
you know, buttons are really easy if you dont care about those crappy, rounded edges the vanilla buttons have.

all you have to do for a button is this:
step 1: download a picture you think will make a nice button
step 2. open the pic in a suitable photo editor (that can save in .DDS format)
step 3: select a perfectly square region (of any size, just must be perfect square)
step 4: copy it, then create new picture with the dimensions equal to the square's size
step 5: paste your picture in, then resize it to 64X64 pixels and no more than 200 dpi
step 6: save as <name>.dds and cross reference in the XML's
Viola!

OK is the alpha black background like flags or white?

not at all. im still weak with alpha channel flags myself. this is just a pic, 64X64, saved as a .DDS file. these buttons dont need any alpha channel (now some religious buttons do).
When you resize the pictures for the 64X64 size, make sure you increase the dpi or resolution, but no more than 200. otherwise its really easy. and there is a template of the "button-look" frame, somewhere in the forums.

this is good. but let me tell you about the leader heads, you have to add them somewhere else (im pretty sure) ive uploaded my file that is in the buttons area of art. it is based on the grid for the icons and i just cut/pasted the new leaders in!

Thx for all the help, i am not that good yet atcut and pasting items in other places, might be easy for some but not for me.

I am working on a MOD all by myself, and man its a pain sometimes, i dont know anythng about C++, SDK, just getting into XML and thats a pain. But in a year or so i might try harder, LOL. But just starting out is like brain cramping, LOL

strategyonly said:
Thx for all the help, i am not that good yet atcut and pasting items in other places, might be easy for some but not for me.

I am working on a MOD all by myself, and man its a pain sometimes, i dont know anythng about C++, SDK, just getting into XML and thats a pain. But in a year or so i might try harder, LOL. But just starting out is like brain cramping, LOL

Dont worry about SDK and python in your very first mod. Just write XML in either notepad or xmlmarker or xmlspy

The cut and paste for icons is terribly simple, since the pics you will make are just squares, and they line up easy. dont give up!

edit: sorry bout the [offtopic]

Top Bottom