General discussion thread

Allerdings scheint das letztlich ziemlich beliebig zu sein. Bin eben an der Grundschul bei mir vor der Tür vorbei und die hatten heute geflaggt. Es war definitiv eine Bannerflagge mit Adler, aber bei dieser Flagge waren die Streifen dennoch horizontal und nicht so wie man es in der Wiki sieht vertikal.

Aber mal eine Frage am Rande. Was mache ich denn bei Union Jack und Co? Drehe ich die auch?

Allerdings scheint das letztlich ziemlich beliebig zu sein. Bin eben an der Grundschul bei mir vor der Tür vorbei und die hatten heute geflaggt. Es war definitiv eine Bannerflagge mit Adler, aber bei dieser Flagge waren die Streifen dennoch horizontal und nicht so wie man es in der Wiki sieht vertikal.

Aber mal eine Frage am Rande. Was mache ich denn bei Union Jack und Co? Drehe ich die auch?

Naja, dass oft falsch beflaggt wird, heißt nicht, dass es beliebig ist ;) Aber vielleicht war das an der Grundschule ja auch eine Ausleger- oder Knatterflagge...
Hier hab ich noch eine bessere Erläuterung gefunden.

Zum Union Jack als Banner: Hier

Okay, du bist da scheinbar ein wahrer Spezialist. Dann würde ich sagen, dass du mir einfach wieder, wenn du etwas falsches siehst, Bescheid sagst. :goodjob: So war das mit CCV ja auch schließlich ursprünglich gedacht....

Ich hab nämlich noch nicht denn absoluten Durchblick. :blush:

I got one mini mod that I can offer for you to incorporate in yours, if you're interested.

It's based on the discussion in the thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=306028.

I made it a few months ago, but I never released it, because I couldn't make the AI to use all of its powers.

The mod includes the change that surrounding units add bonus strength to the attacker (as suggested by aokces, idea from Pirates).

As for the AI, it uses the new combat values to determine the attacking odds, but in no way can I make it smart enough to position its defenses tactically in order to trap the enemy. This can be viewed as one of the many flaws the AI has anyway, so if you think it gives you too much power - just play the next difficulty level and you'll be OK :D.

Random question based on the German in your screenshots - Konigreich (with the umlaut) is Kingdom, Reich is Empire and Freistaat is Republic? What are Kaiserreich and Flüchtlinge and what does Vereinigte mean?

Random question based on the German in your screenshots - Konigreich (with the umlaut) is Kingdom, Reich is Empire and Freistaat is Republic? What are Kaiserreich and Flüchtlinge and what does Vereinigte mean?

Yes, "Freistaat" is republic. But it's a special form of a republic.
In Germany you call Bavaria and Saxony a "Freistaat".
Kaiserreich is an empire with an emperor as leader.
United means "vereinigt". For example United States/Kingdom is "Vereinigte Staaten/Königreich".

Cool. I know that the gaming scene is big in Germany. Thanks!

Well, a new version is released. It's 4.07.

The next version may need some time because I promised to support DiplomacyII. That may take some time.

Plans for the future:

- new Civics and Effects (Civic Promotions, Immigration, Food Trade,...)
- new Traits and Leaderheads
- some new wonders
- Next War (optional)
- new unit art

Any plans to include a mod like veritas delectat? (sp?) your mod seems excellent at the moment, but that's one thing I feel is missing...

Yes, that's true. I really would like to add it but because of the changed ArtTags it is lots of work. And most of the time I find something "more important" to do.

But I will do it. Promise. And now that there is a request I will do it faster. Promise, too. :D

But the next release will solve the pedia bug and come along with changes in the modern and future era. I've added the new project - Mission to Mars. It requires the - Mission to Moon. Both missions together enable the capability to build all SS parts. Furthermore there are a few new techs at the end of the game. While Hydroponics and Astrogation belong to the "normal" game others like Shielding and Cold Fusion are part of the new optional (Gameoption) futuristic era.

Here a screen from the current development.

By the way... I've developed the gameoption for the new futuristic era to a full era stopper. So you can enable/disable the techs of eras you don't want to play by gameoption. :)

Wow :eek: This is unbelievable super good..
I can not believe that I did not see this before...
Anyway I downloaded and play for a bit and this is something that I always want in my mod...so it comes the unpleasantly question for you and your team..Please can I use this for base for my mod??
There is some things that I would like to add and some things that I dont like,but I think that this is a superb project...
I am really sorry but I didnt read all the post but when you and your team are planing to release next version(so maybe you can take a look at events like storms,earthquake,tsunami with animations and maybe that merge with this couse I now that people often ask for that in other mods)..
Great job guys...
Pozdrav!!

Wow :eek: This is unbelievable super good..
I can not believe that I did not see this before...
Anyway I downloaded and play for a bit and this is something that I always want in my mod...so it comes the unpleasantly question for you and your team..Please can I use this for base for my mod??
There is some things that I would like to add and some things that I dont like,but I think that this is a superb project...
I am really sorry but I didnt read all the post but when you and your team are planing to release next version(so maybe you can take a look at events like storms,earthquake,tsunami with animations and maybe that merge with this couse I now that people often ask for that in other mods)..
Great job guys...
Pozdrav!!

:) Thanks for your comment. It's always good to hear that somebody likes what I'm doing. :)

But may I ask you what you don't like? Many features of CCV are optional and can be disabled very easy. And what are you missing? Storms, earthquake, tsumnami...? No problem if there is an existing code and good animations. If you have a link for me I'll have a look at it and add it (if it is well done) to CCV as soon as possible.
The next version or a patch will be released very soon! 4.09 is very buggy as it seems. But I have fixed most of the problems. So a new release is urgent needed and near.

About your mod. Yes, you may use CCV for it. I already support other mods but as it seems nearly nobody knows. :rolleyes: There are still so many guys out there that have never noticed CCV also I have placed a lot of advertising in the forum. :cowboy:
But I don't like my code to be public. But that doesn't mean that I won't share. I just want to know who uses my code and for what. And of course you shouldn't make your code public if you are using mine. :mischief:

And if you got an idea or have noticed a bug just tell me. ;) Post here or at one of the bug threads. Posts are always welcome. And the name of the project was no random choice although CCV is still most of the time a one man show.

€: If you like this project may I ask you for some stars on the thread rating? That would be fantastic. :thumbsup:

Hej,pozdrav!!
I completely understand that you dont want that your code become so much public but you and your team did a superb job so you will have this requests more every day...:)
I didnt know about this mod I saw it in your signature at some thread and take a look and been suprise how god job you did...maybe if you put your mod at mods section more people will see it but that means that your code will become more "public"...
I notice that when you go with scout or warrior to goodyhunt there is no pop up what they give to you..there is no free tech(at least I didnt get any),free promotions are given to scout and you can upgrade him but there is no text in pop up...I dont know about gold given is that work..
Those events with animations will be cool,you have them in Thomas war mod..Itry to merge them with my mod but didnt managed..
The only think that I "dont like" is to much nukes type I dont think that they are necessary..in my mod I have nukes that destroy the hole city and I think that this is enough but this is your project...:p
What would be the greatest thing to merge is terrorist and coalitions from mod called
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=336721
Iknow for sure that people at forum are crazy about this code and author of a mod isolate the code from mod it is sdk changes and most people like me dont know how to work with sdk so if you manage to do this and if you like it with your project that would look great and people will download it like crazy(Iknow that this code is requested in all mods at forum and for now none put this code in their mods..I dont know if is it hard to merge or mod authors just dont like this,but please check it out )..
I just love Firststrike Attack,Cold war,Assimilation as modcomponets...This hole project is great..
Can wait to see what will next version have..this is so great..:)
What is really important your project is simple to handle it,if you want to remove or add some things,so please try to keep it that way for us non moders..:)
Pozdrav!!

What is really important your project is simple to handle it,if you want to remove or add some things,so please try to keep it that way for us non moders..:)
Pozdrav!!

I know. So push Strg + Alt + O for the (BUG-) Options. Goto the card "Optional". There you can enable/disable most of the CCV features that you don't have to choose as a game option at startup.

Thomas SG, great mod! How unfortunate I have seen it only now. You have implemented quite a number of fantastic concepts. :goodjob:

Two questions and a suggestion:

1.) Would it be possible to (re-)introduce the BUG-button (or another button that opens the BUG options menu)? That would be helpful for those who don't know about "Strg-Alt-O". :)

2.) I have already started two games with Germany and was always placed in the middle of a jungle. Is that intentional?

I am not sure whether you are looking for more concepts, but since I like your mod a lot, may I suggest a few more concepts that I really like and think that they would make a great addition to your mod (and haven't seen in your list):

- Capture slaves (different to your capture persons mod): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=336469 (and WoC-version: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9204556&postcount=147)
- Immigration: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=365768
- Mine Warfare: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14620 (seems still a bit bugged though)
- Spysat and Thor: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359224

These are just suggestions, so ignore them if you don't like them.

CellKu

Top Bottom