New Civs - Confirmed Details

I'll be shocked if Atilla's Court is not a military CS. Then again, doesn't really fit a military CS, should be outright barbs if anything, and no existing or added CS trait would match that.

Looking at the screenshot with Atilla's Court; unless they were conquered really early, there does not seem to be a way to fit three civs there. So, in that context, I agree it's probably a city-state. However, I would not necessarily be surprised either way.

If light blue is Mayan, then Zulu is in, because you can clearly see yellow units that look like Impis moving over hills.

BTW, which screenshot?

Regarding jewelry. I wonder if the luxuries for mercantile city-states change randomly or if they are specifically picked. I'm willing to be it's the former since I don't think Tyre is necessarily associated with Jewelry. They're actually associated with Dyes, but those are already in the game. I like that it's manufactured luxuries. That helps make things a bit more unique and explains why you need the city-state to still be there rather than just conquer them. It's also possible you get more than one so you can sell the excess.

Looking at the screenshot with Atilla's Court; unless they were conquered really early, there does not seem to be a way to fit three civs there. So, in that context, I agree it's probably a city-state. However, I would not necessarily be surprised either way.

Yeah, it really is strange, whatever is the case...
I'm kinda thinking they are messing with us on purpose
It's only a vanilla city states renamed to Attila's Court :mischief:

We can only hope. I will vomit if I see that in my game as a playable civ.

BTW, which screenshot?

The minimap.... I was wrong because there is Japan in that game so my theory goes out the window. However, there is still another light blue civ with new colors. Could be Byzantium. Could be someone else. Not Zulu that much we can assume.

Regarding jewelry. I wonder if the luxuries for mercantile city-states change randomly or if they are specifically picked. I'm willing to be it's the former since I don't think Tyre is necessarily associated with Jewelry. They're actually associated with Dyes, but those are already in the game. I like that it's manufactured luxuries. That helps make things a bit more unique and explains why you need the city-state to still be there rather than just conquer them. It's also possible you get more than one so you can sell the excess.

I think the UR will be something generic like "Unique Jewels", as opposed to specifics like Jade or Ruby or something that would get overly tedious. Not really the detail we expected in this department.

Yeah, it really is strange, whatever is the case...
I'm kinda thinking they are messing with us on purpose
It's only a vanilla city states renamed to Attila's Court :mischief:

Do you remember any of the screen shots from previews of any of the other civs? There were some silly city names in there as well. It seems obviously that they threw together a scenario to demonstrate some of the new things to the crowd.

We can only hope. I will vomit if I see that in my game as a playable civ.

I'm setting myself up for a bunch of disappointments with the historical flavor choices. For me, Dido was bad. At this point, I don't think the Huns will disappoint me further.

However, I still expect it to be a fun game and these disappointments pale in comparison.

I haven't looked too closely yet, but updated to note the inclusion of the Huns.
Are they that desperate for an asiatic civ? No one really knows who the huns were
or what they really looked like. No real unbiased sources. What are they going to do
with the city names just make them up? I seriously hope this is a typo or a gag.

So that's Mayans, Hunts, Celts, Carthage, Byzantium, and the Dutch...

Are they that desperate for an asiatic civ? No one really knows who the huns were
or what they really looked like. No real unbiased sources. What are they going to do
with the city names just make them up? I seriously hope this is a typo or a gag.

No, it was in an interview. Firaxis confirmed that they added the fall of Rome to showcase Byzantium, the Huns, and the Celts, 3 news civs they were adding.
So, not a gag, and I doubt a typo.
Seriously hoping for some lesser-known ideas in the last three, though.

Questions:
Was Prague in Vanilla, and were any CSs noticed?
Is the female leader screenshotted CONFIRMED to be Dido? I've had one person tell me they thought it might be Theodora.

Questions:
Was Prague in Vanilla, and were any CSs noticed?
Is the female leader screenshotted CONFIRMED to be Dido? I've had one person tell me they thought it might be Theodora.

Prague wasn't in vanilla
The name of the pic was Dido_high_res or something like this - I'm pretty sure it had Dido in it anyway

Prague wasn't in vanilla
The name of the pic was Dido_high_res or something like this - I'm pretty sure it had Dido in it anyway

Well, it wouldn't be the first time the previews are wrong if it is Theodora. :p

Anyways, I'd say wait until we have more evidence than a file name.

I think that's Dido, Theodora strikes me as a more "beautified" medieval queen, that's obviously an Ancient leaderhead.

I hate to nitpick, but this is a thread called confirmed details OP, and the Huns as a civ is far from confirmed. It seems likely now but we don't know enough to classify it as confirmed as far as i'm aware.
The Huns are confirmed:
PCG: But there are a couple religious scenarios.

Beach: We have one that highlights the religion system and how to mod it. We have another one—the Celts and the Huns and the Byzantines—we’re introducing that set of three new civilizations and we decided that a fall of Rome scenario would be perfect.

Top Bottom