Military caste + tradition conflict

stii

Emperor
I'm having a problem when I take military caste (+2 culture from garrison) where the game seems to stop calculating the amount of culture correctly. When I move units in and out of my cities I lose two culture for some reason.

For example I'll have two cities with monuments giving me +8 culture. I'll then take military caste and still only have +8 with one unit in a city. Then if I move that unit out of the city I go down to +6. In the city screen my capital shows +3 from buildings +3 from polices, with the +3 from polices reducing to +1 if I move the unit out.

All units garrisoned in a city will give+2 culture. So if you have 3 units garrisoned in 3 different cities, then you will get+6 cpt added to the cpt that you already are making.

When I move units in and out of my cities I lose two culture for some reason.
A garrison is a unit positioned inside a city.

When you move the unit out of the city, there's no garrison until you move another one in.

He said he's got a base +8cpt, gets the tenet and still only had 8cpt. Then he moves his unit OUT of the city and goes down to 6cpt. He understands the concept of a garrisoned unit, but it's not functioning properly.

Note to self: move all your units one tile out if your cities before choosing either SP. And make note of the happiness/cpt/gpt.

It's almost impossible to say if someone's experiencing a bug or if it's just a misunderstanding if you don't post screenshots, a save or a video of the problem in question.

I mean I was expecting someone to say this is a know bug or you can't use those two policies together X reason.

I have attached a save now it shows me at +8 culture, 6 if you move the archers out of my capital.

I have tradition opener +3, free monuments+4 and military caste+2 with two cities. So by my count I should have +10.

Attachments

• bugged.Civ5Save
    803.2 KB · Views: 126
Top Bottom