Welcome New Members

Hello fanatics,

Started playing civ1 at a friends house (I didn't have a pc back then).
Got hooked and looked in all the shops if there was a copy that would run on my commodore 64 (!). Been playing civ2000 and civ3 after that and now I'm just waiting for a copy of civ4 (I live in the Netherlands - so release date is nov 4th).

Found a site for everyone that needs (and can) wait until november.
www.cd-wow.nl (in English) it sells civ4 for € 37,99 no delivery costs worldwide!

Lo lo, like so many others here, i started with Civ1 way back, got hooked, bought civ2, bought civ3, will buy civ4...etc etc you know the story
I've been reading this forum/site for quite a while now, i think for over a year now, but never really bothered to register, don't ask me why though.
So now i did, and im sure i wont regret it :)

my big sis was the one to introduce me to sid meier and civ II (um, best birthday gift EVER) - i was happy to mope along with civ II for a looooooooooooooong time (added Pirates along the way :D ) and now i can waste many happy hours with civ IV (when i'm not playing pirates) :D

I am new to CF. I have been playing since Civ1 DOS based on my PS2 16Mhz computer. I was in high school then, and when I discovered Civ1, I played all night - good thing it was a weekend!

I played Civ2 a lot (college days), but never got hooked to Civ3 like I was to the others. I am married with child now, in my early 30's.

Since I have been out of the Civ & computer games in general for the last year (work, wife and child takes up most of my time), I had NO idea Civ4 was coming out.

I was surfin' the net to check out if any new good strategy PC games were out there last week, and BOOM, I found CIV4 came out this week! What great timing! I immediately called up EB to see if they were still taking pre-orders on the bonus edition, traded in a couple of games, and picked it up on Wednesday.

Thank you CF for this great website and forum! It makes the long work day go by much quicker!

hi. my name is Andrew. 16yrs old.
I like civ game a lot. i only played civ3 and liked it. somehow i never got around to get the expansions. lol guess it was becasue i bought AoM and been playing that since.(good game btw i play under StRiK3R_WolF if any of youhave it and want to play sometime.) i heard that civ4 and aoe3 are coming out. i played demo for aoe3 and it was horrible and decided not to buy it. so it looks like ill be getting civ3.
btw i was wondering are there any clans for civ4?

greetings

i dont see myself as using the forums much, cuz CivIV is due at my door later today...

but anyways, i digress

i'm the finn
i started playin CivI way back when..

then i got CivII, and honestly wasn't impressed, kept playin civI, and even when CivII: Test of Time..even bigger dissappointment, i'ld still go back to playin CivI...

Civ3 on the other hand, mucho likey, still play it .. with its expansions of course, and from what i've read CivIV is only better, so bring it on.

i was also a big fan of Alpha Centauri, kinda dissappointed that the AC franchise never got ..updated, it would be nice to see at least the game be redone with today's graphics (of course i know, its the game-play that matters, see bit about me playing CivI during Civ2's time)..but still, AC was good.

i never played Civ3's multiplayer and i doubt i'll ever play CivIV multiplayer either.

Civilians Unite!!

Hey Everyone,

I haven't been so excited by a game coming out since...I can't even remember. I've been playing since Civ I and loved Civ II but wasn't too into Civ III, mainly due to some of the things they improved upon for Civ IV. I love the game but am a pretty consistantly bad player and look forward to reading what you guys have to say about the new verison.

I'm from Québec, Québec and i'm really into civ since the first version of civ I on the infamous DOS :p . Now, i'm waiting for my copy of civ IV, wich should be at the step of my door in a couple of minutes.

I seem to be the only one here (or about the only one). But I think this civ will be a major step for the franchise once 1 or 2 patch are out. Now, I hope I don't have to much bugs on my comp. :p

I wish to you all good luck on beating the hell out of the stupid Aztecs :p

Frank

"fIRST POST JINGLES"

"Relises captial locks is on"

"Coughes and wishes could spell."

I am a big fan of call to power (which no one else seems to of heard of).But ever since I decided to get civ4 its been getting pretty boring. Come nov 4!!
How much harder can it be?

I've been playing CIV since part 2. I just picked up IV last night and I'm very impressed. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a wife who's not very happy with the release, but what are you going to do.

I'm 29, live in Vancouver and like board games too. "Settlers of Catan" "Puerto Rico" "Axis and Allies" are great fun to play. Good old fashioned "off-line Multi-player games".

I look forward to visiting CFC more in the future.

Hello Out there,

I started playing Civ with Civ 2. It was bundled software with my dad's new Sony Vaio back in 1998. I quickly began playing the game and could not stop. I actually would lock the game away at school because it was taking away time from my college studies. And i would only bring it out on weekends.

My half brother and I were not close growing up because we had different moms. But as we got older, we started talking about video games and lo and behold we both loved Civ. That was a common ground on which we spoke. When Civ 3 came out we both bought it and couldn't stop talking about it. With the Civ 4 release I am sure my bro and I will have many more "interesting" conversations. Stoked...

I've actually been to this site pleanty of times while playing Civ III, but I never really explored the forums as much as I should have. Figured it was about time to jump in now that Civ IV is out.

hello. i registered here at the forums a long time ago...and i mean about 2-3 years ago...then i forgot my screenname =P. so now i re-registered =D

ainwood said:
BTW - out of interest, I joined Civfanatics a couple of months before the release of Civ3 - the interesting thing is that I had just rediscovered Civ-II, and was looking for some strategies for it - I was completely oblivious to the fact that there was a Civ3 in production, and it wasn't until I came here that I found out about it! Anyone else like that for C-IV?

I came here to learn more about PTW strategies and to find some scenarios (mod?) and multi player games. I never bought Conquests, and I had no idea IV was on the horizon. I am now torn whether to get back into PTW (everything seems to be conquests:confused: ) or to wait for IV....
In the meantime, any one have links to complete and good PTW mods or scenarios?

I started with Civ 1, then CivII, then Civ III and PTW. Then kids and no time. I am getting some of that time back now and want to invest it in a game I have loved for years. It is awesome to find this coincides with the release of Civ IV!

Hi...I've been a fan of CIV since CIV II. I absolutely loved CIV II Fantasy Worlds. I'm proud to say that my 10 year old son is also a CIV fan and has been talking about CIV IV for quite a while now.

I bought the game on Thursday and was quite disappointed when I found out my Intergrated Intel Extreme Graphics card wouldn't support CIV IV (doesn't support T&L). The game loaded with my Extreme Graphics card, but I had black terrian and ghost people (as my son called them). I bought a GeForce FX 5500 card ($80) and now everything seems to be working fine. This turned out to be an expensive game for me, but seeing the joy on my son's face was more than worth it.

Hello! :D

My name is Zach. Im 14. Ive been playing Civ on and off for about 3 years. I hope to make my playing for frequent now. :) First Civ game was CivII which my friend introduced me to. I losat interest for a while until I finally got CivIII. I played the crap out of that, and now that i FINALLY fixed CivIV, im sure it will get the same treatment. ;) While I have never used a mod before, I hope to really test them out this time around. I am an avid fan which has been surfing the site for a few weeks now, indeed in search of CivIV news, but now it seems like im stuck here for a good long time. I am a Culture freak, so I am often very weak in the BC ages, but grow to become a world power. Despite my many hours of playing, im still not incredibly good because of my tendency to over-rate my military and play too defensively. Oops. Hope I didnt give away too much about my stategy and weak points! :cringe: Make sure to get me in the BC days, or your toast! :evil: In Civ4, my favorite religion is Confuscianism and Taoism, despite being a Lutheren CHristian in real life. ;) Im sure ill have a great time while Im here. Warning: I have an unusual love for smilies, so beware that you may see quite a bit of them while Im posting. :lol: :crazyeye:

hi there!!!! i am a new one:p:p:p
i used to paly civ2 on playstation and then sidmeirs civ3 when i get my first Pc::p:p:p:p
i am gonna buy civ4 tomorrow!!
so am going to post in the forum more frequently
cya!!!:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Top Bottom