Caveman 2 Cosmos

You should try to add some of those python wonders that are being posted recently. I'm a fan of Himeji Castle.

I bow to the mod of ultimate bigness!

Only bug I got so far was on a large map @ snail pace w/ 16 civs. On turn 1 everyone got legendary culture.

Only suggestion I could offer rite now is to clarify your installation instructions a bit to specify that you need to EXTRACT the RAR file to your mods folder with an unzip program. I actually didn't have one so it was a bit tricky.

Also 2+ gigs for Ver.3?!?

You should try to add some of those python wonders that are being posted recently. I'm a fan of Himeji Castle.
I tried but got something wrong and it messed with the WB.

I bow to the mod of ultimate bigness!

Welcome to CFC

I still think severe overkill mod is a better name.:p
Great job, watch out for Firaxis using this mod as their base for CivV, time to conquer the new civs :trouble:

ahahah thx, i must agree, wait for the next version, almost twice as big, LOL.:p
And so far, no crashes. But havent been able to go past the medieval age to far yet, but still trying. Plus only less than a minute to load. Thats when the fun will really start then.

I was just going to write you, i got this error also. I think its something to do with the Samurai Castle Wonder??

That error usually comes up if you add and run the python before adding the building's buildinginfo and buildingclassinfo entries (or, likewise, if you have an error in those XML files).

That error usually comes up if you add and run the python before adding the building's buildinginfo and buildingclassinfo entries (or, likewise, if you have an error in those XML files).

oh ok, your right there, i added the python first, and forgot the building, thx.:blush:

Hey, I tried playing the mod, and I got the no-interface problem, and I looked through the link provided but I still did not understand how to fix it. Could someone help me?

Hey, I tried playing the mod, and I got the no-interface problem, and I looked through the link provided but I still did not understand how to fix it. Could someone help me?

Need more info, OS, Vista/XP? etc
Have you read all the info in the first 10 posts, etc??

I'm running on Windows XP, and yeah, I've read the info but I can't figure out what I'm meant to do, which is a shame because your mod looks really fun.

I'm running on Windows XP, and yeah, I've read the info but I can't figure out what I'm meant to do, which is a shame because your mod looks really fun.

Is it next to AfterWorld and Road to War mod?

I really, really want to like this mod, but I just can't.

1. Archery barrage is utterly overpowered. It makes stacking enough units to deal with any sort of city impossible, since they take something like 20% damage per turn.

2. Dogs are ******edly overpowered. They have way too many stupid bonuses, are extremely fast, deal collateral damage, and basically don't have any weaknesses. They can't take cities? Who cares? You could literally march one warrior into a city after that and they'd be fine. Dogs are capable of eating units several techs above them for breakfast. Rebalance my butt.

3. The sheer number of filler techs and the lack of reduction in cost of technology makes reaching desired techs hard.

Changing these would make a mediocre mod into a great mod.

I really, really want to like this mod, but I just can't.

1. Archery barrage is utterly overpowered. It makes stacking enough units to deal with any sort of city impossible, since they take something like 20% damage per turn.

2. Dogs are ******edly overpowered. They have way too many stupid bonuses, are extremely fast, deal collateral damage, and basically don't have any weaknesses. They can't take cities? Who cares? You could literally march one warrior into a city after that and they'd be fine. Dogs are capable of eating units several techs above them for breakfast. Rebalance my butt.

3. The sheer number of filler techs and the lack of reduction in cost of technology makes reaching desired techs hard.

Changing these would make a mediocre mod into a great mod.

1. Archery Barrage is just what it is supposed to be, how do you think they started a battle back in the day, even on TV the first thing you see happen in a war is the barrage of the Archers. I changed it a bit but not much in V003.

2. Yes dog units are the way i intended them to be. That is because of the barbarian animals units involved and the capturing of them is important in the first 100 moves. But remember if you are able to do it, so is the AI. The reason i didnt make them capable of taking a city is because, that is not their purpose (capturing animals is the main purpose) and you must have a normal unit along to capture any city (Or a captured animal). Dogs are the first thing i head for in a game. But that doesnt last long. And besides that, i like K9's, no offense.

3. Some techs are harder to get to, thats why you must make a choice right away in the being which way you are going to go. Thats what makes it so much fun. I have played this 50 times and always a different way to go.

I know the culture people dont like it, but i never play for culture anyways.

And if you have any ideas, you are more than welcome, just like anyone else to write down what you dont like and THEN make suggestions on how you would change this item or thing you wanted changed to make it better! Never know i might just take that suggestion and change it. I made a ton of changes once when just one guy suggested over 50 changes of what he thought was better. Its the only wat things get better is by suggestion on how to make it better, thats why FfH is what it is today. Its easy to complain, but to make suggestions on HOW to make it better is the best result. ;) And thx for writing.

btw, Welcome to CFC.

EDIT: Ok, i tell you what , in the next version i lowered the trained dog from 4 to 3 and the Wardog from 6 to 4.

The problem with archery barrage is that, well...

you have catapult bombardment which does maybe 5% damage to a target and some minor collateral damage. That's not bad.

And then you have longbow barrages which deal something like FIVE TIMES THAT. That is not balanced, nor is it realistic. If you want to talk about how they started battles back in the day, you might want to recognize again that archery barrages were essentially useless against armored foes who had discipline and relied on lucky hits and saturation to get any kills. Most of the time they were aiming to kill horses or wound, they wouldn't actually wipe out a quarter of the attacking force. Archer units were pretty balanced long before, your changes drastically overpower them, and make taking a war to the enemy pretty much impossible.

No matter how much or how little you like a unit, they have to be balanced. Dogs are not balanced. Like I said up to about late-medieval era or early renaissance the most effective and optimal strategy is to bring a bunch of cheap crappy units that can take cities, have them follow your dogs, and just let the dogs eat everything in your way. They are by far too useful, even with your reduction in power, because they come extraordinarily early in the game and are effective for several techs down the line. Dogs would be better with a power of 1/2 and a extremely high bonus against animals instead, because that'd actually give them a niche instead of making them some ridiculous "eats everything" unit.

At the very least remove all their bonuses against everything but animals and their collateral damage, they don't need it at all.

I'll tell you this. I am currently playing a NWA game and I have found that I need to expend more forces against one city than I had to against four or five because of that stupid, broken, ******edly unrealistic archery barrage.

The opening volley of fire is already in the game, it's called "first strike". What you need to do is remove the archery barrage ability, because it does nothing, reduces realism, and eliminates virtually all fun. In fact I'm probably going to mod it out of my own version because it sucks that badly.

Update on the situation: I lost six or seven light swordsmen, two regular swordsmen, two catapults, and three war elephants to ONE longbowman because of that stupid barrage ability.

This is how ******edly brokenly imbalanced your "archery barrage" ability is and I am going to revise my opinion to saying your mod is completely terrible unless this ability is removed.

The problem with archery barrage is that, well...

you have catapult bombardment which does maybe 5% damage to a target and some minor collateral damage. That's not bad.

And then you have longbow barrages which deal something like FIVE TIMES THAT. That is not balanced, nor is it realistic. If you want to talk about how they started battles back in the day, you might want to recognize again that archery barrages were essentially useless against armored foes who had discipline and relied on lucky hits and saturation to get any kills. Most of the time they were aiming to kill horses or wound, they wouldn't actually wipe out a quarter of the attacking force. Archer units were pretty balanced long before, your changes drastically overpower them, and make taking a war to the enemy pretty much impossible.

No matter how much or how little you like a unit, they have to be balanced. Dogs are not balanced. Like I said up to about late-medieval era or early renaissance the most effective and optimal strategy is to bring a bunch of cheap crappy units that can take cities, have them follow your dogs, and just let the dogs eat everything in your way. They are by far too useful, even with your reduction in power, because they come extraordinarily early in the game and are effective for several techs down the line. Dogs would be better with a power of 1/2 and a extremely high bonus against animals instead, because that'd actually give them a niche instead of making them some ridiculous "eats everything" unit.

At the very least remove all their bonuses against everything but animals and their collateral damage, they don't need it at all.

You know, you can also try not stacking your units as much. There are 8 tiles around a city you can attack from. In fact, stacking is too overused and unrealistic in civ to begin with. Something that forces you to spread your units out is actually good. If you have units with 2 moves (aka mounted) you can have even more stacks as they can stay two tiles away and still attack the city in the following turn.

And if you don't like one component just mod it out of your game.

So has the barrage crash issue on multiplayer been fixed cause it happened to us + we don't want it in if we can't use it in multiplayer.(but the AI still can) Also in that game we simply couldn't take Tokugawa's capital after he got longbowmen because each one was maxed or almost so in city defense. Even though we ganged up on him he held out until late in the early gunpowder phase. So I think barrage could be scaled a bit because if two players had to focus their attack for so long to deal with promotion mad, barrage wielding longbowmen, I don't see how one could. We didn't hinder Tokugawa at all in the early game, however.
Anyway, I like the late game stuff & barrage doesn't matter then.
Only other thing I found is that the herbalism civics' +1 health for healer's huts doesn't apply when you build the hut (maybe because its the default civ when you start?) for either single or multiplayer.
Keep up the good work & seriously, 2 gigs in size?? Couldn't you take out some audio or something?

Top Bottom