Turn Tracker Thread

The MadScientists reach us from the west via workboat. We sign open borders. They have four cities, no alphabet, and are in all default civics except Slavery.

Our immortal moves to a fogbusting spot to the west, and a worker joins on the sheep to finish it quickly. Titan grows to size 3.

Nothing special happened. Immortals stayed in place. Work boat comes towards us and our 2nd worker over sheep started to pasturize it.

Main thing about this turn is that Mads have definately met someone and are actually throwing all their espionage to them. We don't get any. Check the screenshot.

In demographics we're doing awfully as you can see.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0401.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0401.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 454
  • Civ4ScreenShot0403.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0403.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 462
We met Kazakhstan. They have EVERY tech we have and then some. Including Monarchy, which we're only halfway towards. Looks like there may be a "triple alliance" already in effect in this game. How boring. :rolleyes:

Needed some build choices after the Settler and Immortal finished, so I selected another Settler and Immortal.

950 BC

Settler moved SW-SW towards Dione.

1 worker built road over the sheep. 2nd worker followed settler to help Dione setup. 3rd worker started another cottage near Rhea and 4th one near Titan finalized cottage and is ready to move next turn (Mine maybe next?).

Since we started Immortal in Titan. I send the finalized immortal to explore SW-SW.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0411.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0411.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 398
  • Civ4ScreenShot0412.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0412.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 297
BC 925

Actions:
* All Espionage set to Mads
* worker+settler moved towards Dione
* Saturn worker moved to forested plains hill
* Immortal to S-SW
* Titan worker NW-W
* Warrior to Rhea

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0422.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0422.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Civ4ScreenShot0423.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0423.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 427
  • Civ4ScreenShot0424.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0424.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 438
  • Civ4ScreenShot0425.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0425.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 303
900 BC:

Settler moved to Dione spot, ready to settle next turn. Worker near Dione spot moved to Silk and built a road for one turn, ready to move to chop the forest next to Dione next turn. Worker near Saturn is chopping, Worker near Rhea is cottaging, Worker near Titan is mining.

Well, someone's back to 100 GNP... but we're still second overall. :confused:

We're not even in the top 5 cities any more. :(

And someone's got a size 9 city already... :eek: Damn, I hate that everyone else got trading so early (or rather, that we got in on it so late).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot1346.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1346.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 406
  • Civ4ScreenShot1347.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1347.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 448
  • Civ4ScreenShot1345.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1345.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 415
Dione is founded. Dione's worker goes W-SW onto forest to chop a monument. Dione's immortal goes onto pig hill.

Southern immortal continues exploring southways.

No real change in demographics or tech situation.

Immortal near Dione to NE
Immortal in the South to SW
I didn't move Immortal in Rhea
Worker near dione strted to chop
Monarchy ready started Archery, but set the slider 0%. Archery ready in 1 turn after setting slider to 100%.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0444.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0444.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 368
  • Civ4ScreenShot0443.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0443.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 366
  • Civ4ScreenShot0442.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0442.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 372
Various boring immortals and workers moved.
Confuscianism spread into Titan.
Great Wall had been built last turn. Judaism had been founded a few turns ago.
Flunking out in demographics!

Archery finished.

Workers and immortals move around, some cities grow. Oh and the settler finished.

Titan Worker begins another cottage. Dione worker moves to a hill. Monument finishes, begins work on a granary. (this can be changed) Settler and immortal head up to the predetermined spot.

Our southern exploring immortal is swarmed by barb warriors and goes 1NW to avoid one.

We offer the agreed-on tech trade with Kaz.

Traded Iron Working and Alphabet for Archery with Kav. Iron popped in the third ring of our capital. Mad Scientists are revealed to have Polytheism, Sailing, Mathematics and Masonry on us while we have Archery, Code of Laws and Alphabet on them.

Nothing really happens across the empire this turn. Dione's worker starts on the mine. The southern exploring immortal promoted to Combat I and is being swarmed by barb warriors. Our settler/immortal combo is experiencing barb axemen troubles, they have to get to their destination while making sure the immortal is the attacker and not the defender.

725 BC:

Barb Axe moved SW, and our Immortal killed him! Yay! :)

Also, another very serious barbarian threat - I don't know why this wasn't noticed last turn.

Luckily Orion managed to kill the barb Warrior at ~70% odds. The Immortal from Rhea moved to provide happiness in Titan.

Switched a mine from Titan to Rhea to give the latter more hammers. Immortal finished in Titan.

Saturn will become unhappy if it grows next turn, so it might be worth switching the citizen working the Crabs to the plains-mine.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot1426.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1426.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 351
  • Civ4ScreenShot1428.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1428.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 325
700 BC, Note that screenshotshave been taken before "End turn"

Immortal Eastern guard moved to defend Rhea. There is barb warrior that isn't anymore visible in the east.

Promoted Immortal that guards settler to Flanking and moved it to NE. I moved also settler to same place.

I didn't yet switch to Slavery/Hereditary rule, but that has to be done next turn. We also had to collect gold next turn.

I moved worker close to Rhea to hill between titan and Rhea. Starts mine next turn.

Decided to give Shock promotion to Orion so that he can stay in place and collect hopefully 1 more experience point from attacking warrior. Currently he has 7 points. Not that far from releasing heroic Epic.

In research view I noticed Kazs have Aesthetics.

Now that we see Demo of MS. I would change Espionage to Kazs. btw. MS has allocated their Espionage mainly to us.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 339
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 391
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 334
Cavaleiros built the Great Wall.

Switched to Slavery/Hereditary Rule as Saturn was unhappy. Offered Alphabet for Polytheism/Sailing/Masonry to MS. Since we didn't get any commerce this turn due to Anarchy, I figured we didn't need to pause for them to accept.

Immortal and Settler moved. Not sure about whether people think it's worth "taking the risk", but I think we're far enough behind that we may as well take the risk - we haven't got much to lose. (Do move the Immortal first, though - better to lose that than the Settler.) Worker near Saturn started on a road towards soon-to-be-Iapetus.

Exploring Immortal continues to head south. Barb Warrior might attack next turn, but he'll almost certainly die (Immortal has +100% defensive bonus due to hill/forest/river).

Barb Warrior to the east of Rhea, we'll want to keep an eye on him. An Immortal is on standby nearby.

EP switched to Kaz, although nothing was added this turn due to Anarchy.

Nothing built this turn as we were in Anarchy. Not much else to say. :)

We met SANCTA... and I'm incredibly surprised at their technological standing! :eek: (See the SANCTA diplomacy thread.) Checking the diplomatic screen, everyone knows everyone else now.

Settler moved to the site for Iapetus, after the Immortal confirmed there was nothing of interest to be obtained by settling 1E. (Yes, it's possible that SANCTA will pull a dirty trick and unload a Warrior off their Galley to declare war and capture our Settler next turn, but I doubt it.)

Also - we located Cav, and in a very unexpected location. (I was expecting to find MS around here, not Cav...)

Saturn finished its Work Boat (which is heading for the Crabs near Iapetus). It starts building a Worker next.

A couple of barbarians to keep an eye on next turn - a barb Axe to the west, and a barb Warrior to the east. (Our Immortal killed one barb Warrior next to Rhea this turn.)

Our overall standing is, of course, not great - but our GNP standing gives us a little ray of hope, at least.

Looking at the Top 5 cities (NONE of which we have, by the way) - it's clear that we need bigger cities, FAST. Otherwise we're going to be quickly outpaced in this game.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot1471.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1471.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 341
  • Civ4ScreenShot1470.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1470.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 353
  • Civ4ScreenShot1469.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1469.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 343
  • Civ4ScreenShot1467.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1467.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 332
  • Civ4ScreenShot1468.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1468.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 338
Will be brief as I need to get to bed.

Received Sailing and OB from SANCTA, sent Alphabet.

Western Guard Immortal killed barb Axeman - yay!

More barbs coming...

Rhea finished its Monument - proposed a Library next. Thoughts?

Exploring Cav's lands - found a size 8 non-capital city. Wow, we need to get our act together. :eek:

Iapetus founded. Started it building a Monument - I assume this is what we want (lots of tasty tiles that require culture to get at!). Working the grassland-hill-forest tile for max hammers, can shift to Crab next turn after Work Boat improves it. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot1488.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1488.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 309
  • Civ4ScreenShot1489.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1489.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 328
  • Civ4ScreenShot1490.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1490.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 308
Worker near Dione building the final road which will allow safe and quick travel to Saturn. Worker near Titan shifts to start chopping a forest next turn.

Barbarian Warrior east of Rhea killed. Two more barbs are east of Titan. Immortal is on alert.

We find a Worker nest down south in Cav lands... tempting to go poaching them, but probably not worth it. (They'll probably have shifted by next turn anyway.) ;)

See diplomacy threads for more info. :)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot1491.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1491.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 303
  • Civ4ScreenShot1495.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1495.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 332
Turn 93 - 550 BC!

EDIT: I am done, feel free to check the report and don't forget to contribute to the Turn Discussion Thread.

Click the spoiler tags. :)

Spoiler :

I moved our southern immortal, and we'll get to see another city next turn. Serpente was the third city Cav founded judging from the diplomatic screen so the capital should be close by.

Here was the barbarian situation at the beginning of the turn.

I used our immortal in Titan to kill the closest barb. We won with out a scratch. Our worker on the forested hill is safe.

In the below screenshot, you can see several things. Our city Iapetus, SANCTA's galley, our worker who is skipping the road to go to Iapetus, and our immortal healing (2 turns).

Trade routes to SANCTA have now opened!

Here is the situation concerning the workers (we have 4 and just finished 5 after I hit end turn).

Spoiler :

(I renamed all workers after taking these screenshots.)

Worker plako. He's building a road.

Worker Joshua368, he's just going to Iapetus. No road.

Worker DMOC and Lord Parkin. Parkin ... I don't know what to do with him (EDIT: See bottom of post). Worker DMOC (hey, that's me :goodjob:) is chopping the hill. I canceled the order, though, so we can change next turn.

I renamed the worker we just made (worker 5) to Toch. So we have 5 named workers. :goodjob: Who shall we name worker 6?

We randomly discovered silver!

Conversations with SANCTA

CITIES! This is an important part of my post!

Saturn, before and after.

I micromanaged the capital so it can build 2 warriors while it takes 4 turns to grow to size 7. Once Saturn hits size 7, it'll build a settler as well as have a higher happy cap. :goodjob:

Titan. I wasn't sure what to build there since we finished an immortal. I selected another immortal. The reason is that we only have 1 per city with our extra 1 out exploring at the moment. We want another city soon so we'll need a second immortal out there exploring the black areas to the south of Dione.

Rhea, before and after.

I sacrificed production for growth, which I think is more important now since Rhea is free of health problems at the moment.

Dione.

Iapetus.

Now for miscellaneous stuff:
Military advisor. The immortals are highlighted.

Tech before SANCTA traded:

Tech after SANCTA traded:

Esp:

Domestic before and after

Civics for other teams, before we traded w/SANCTA.

GNP and top 5 cities AFTER I hit end turn. We are at 0% research (look at our gold funds) but at 100% we have the #2 GNP with 99, not far behind the leader at 103.

More info:

City numbers:

Saturn and SANCTA have 5 each.
MS has 4.
Kaz has 6.
Cav has 7. That size 8 city near us (Serpente) is their third city so the capital should be close by.

To be continued in next post.

Turn continued:

Spoiler :

Points to discuss:
-Is an immortal a good build for Titan? Bear in mind that worker DMOC is going to chop a forest so a settler can be speeded up.
-Move a worker (Worker Toch??) to Rhea's spare floodplain for another cottage!

-My suggested worker movement for worker Parkin is to build either a cottage or a road there:

I also found this weird....

Top Bottom