Warhammer FB mod Teaser Pics and Call For Help

Communisto said:
i can make the map of the warhammer world very easily if needed

we could definetely need it for the first release, as it is something like the core of the warhammer world ;)

ok, guys here are some reskin shots i did on request of J_Period for the first release. it is quiete hard to get the warhammer style to those models, but i did what could be done.

here are the empirial halbediers

the following are a priest with 2 acolytes,the kislev wingedknights, the kislev horsearchers, the halflings,and finally the empirial Greatswords (EDIT: new version of the Greatswords can be found on thread page 3 together with some more reskins)

Truely amazing. So are their 11 men in a unit (for the halberdiers)?

Lord Olleus said:
Truely amazing. So are their 11 men in a unit (for the halberdiers)?

this is because i tested skins with my regiments mod ;)
but i think we will implement the formations into warhammer because it fits perfectly, we can do 10 or 6 men in the line and an officer in front of them!

so i want new models to get the great warhammer models to live in civ4 !! ! ! give me my personal 3dartist-slave !!!!!
;)

just go here for example and look at these models!°!!
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/empire/catalog/default.htm
then be inspired and hand em over to me, blank, i will do the skins for them!!!!

Hey everyone-
Just a quick post to tell you that the Alpha is ready for testing. Anyone who wants to test, PM me or post here and I'll send you a link to DL it. I haven't done any testing other than to make sure all the skins/buttons/text/etc works and that the game doesn't crash right away ;). Guess what I'm gonna do now?
If all the testing goes well, I'll release the Alpha for public scrutiny in a week or so.
Later-
j

I updated my thread. In the second post is a nasty WarhammerOrcbutton for you. I could make Leaderheads but just 2D right now. Don't know much about the WarhammerWorld though, but I like the aesthetics of it. So if you pm me or post in my thread what exactly you need I 'll watch out for 2D graphics in the web to match your request or even better you tell me where I could find them.

Btw I'd like to play the alpha, looks cool so far:thumbsup:

edit: okay there's a wiki, that helps

Hm,

looking at your Unitlist, what about lesser Demons? I'd miss those little nurglings!

Btw found some good FanArt;) All I get from gamesworkshop is b&w graphs anyway. No good for Buttonstuff. Problem is the Leaderheads didn't find anything, except you want that slime mountain Nurgle himself as one for Chaos maybe or even worse the real Kaiser Franz.:lol:

Im a great fan of Embryo Dead's Civ 3 Warhammer Fantasy Mod and i strongly recommend looking over it for tech tree's, models and leaderheads for those that have skills in such things because the work done on the Civ 3 ones were truly amazing and i would die for a civ 4 3d version.

Tyrion said:
Im a great fan of Embryo Dead's Civ 3 Warhammer Fantasy Mod and i strongly recommend looking over it for tech tree's, models and leaderheads for those that have skills in such things because the work done on the Civ 3 ones were truly amazing and i would die for a civ 4 3d version.

Better than dying would be arranging those Leaderpics can you do this for me or anyone? I don't have Civ3.

So you want me to send you the Civ 3 Warhammer FB leaderheads? If So that should be easy enough once i find it again.

Ploeperpengel said:
Hope this helps you J_Period,

have a look at my thread post 3. You wanted to steel that anyway;)
I'm not completly satisfied with all of that Buttons but maybe you can utilize some of them.

I definately can :D Thanks! I'll be checking frequently.

j

PS. Nurglings and etc. Will be in the game, they're just under "Religious Units" rather than Civilization units...

Oh yeah, and here's a quick little screen shot of some kislev horse archers laying the beatdown on a light knight...ooops...I just realized I screwed up their stats... light knight should be combat 7 and horse archer combat 4....:p

and here's a hedge wizard getting killed by some light knights

j

ok, guys, tonight ill take some time to look at the alpha. then i will play around with it and then i hope i still have time to do a reskin. but here is what i say: i will only reskin units, which i think they dont need a new or modified model ;) so stay tuned for some new warhammer units wandering through the world of civilization.
BTW, is the map of the old world allready implemented?

@J: try to make some attachments to make the hedge wizard more look like the one on the reference u send me (i like those things coming from his back)
and does the light knight need a reskin too ?!

EDIT: wont be able to do it tonight, cant tell when i have time for it

@J: try to make some attachments to make the hedge wizard more look like the one on the reference u send me (i like those things coming from his back)
and does the light knight need a reskin too ?!

I'm trying to work on modellng...but frankly I'm stumped, nothing seems to work! I'm sure I'll get it eventually. I am making progress on other fronts though...I'm working on spells and the tileans right now.

If you want to make a skin for the light knight, go ahead, they're just there until everyone gets a unique unit for every unit ;)...or nearly every unit...

oh and communisto is just starting on the map, so whenever he gets it done is when I'll put it in.

j

Just played the alpha,

boy, I like it!
The globe in the main menu! And the Models especially the Hellbardiers and and and!

Will look for more Fanart for that now. I think you should post it to the Mod threads soon. I'm pretty sure you'll find many people who like to help balancing it . One thing, I'd like it better removing the emancipation civic. Would hate to see emancipated orcs and undead in that.:goodjob:

One more thing. J_Period what do you think of also using pics of miniatures for the buttons. As it is very hard to find fitting Fanart it could be impossible to cover up all the units needed. As such a Slayer for instance would look like this:

oops, now I know why they don't have the moon in the background of the main menu:

(There's only supposed to be 2 moons...) I'll play with it, see if I can't get it to work most of the time
What do you all think of the title? I kinda just pulled it out of my...donkey...so anyone have any idea what we should call this? Civilizations of Wathammer?
I dunno.

@Ploeperpengel I wouldn't mind using models for buttons, I think it's a good idea in fact, I think a couple that seZereth has been doing have been models already. (you two should coordinate BTW, make sure you aren't doing the same buttons)
At that resolution, it's hard to tell, and I think it looks just fine.

I'm glad you like the Alpha :D I'll upload it around friday for the general public. Let me tell you, the next release after that though will be much more awesome (and also have better civics)

Aight, later,
j

Top Bottom