[BtS] - Updates and progress

I thought thats what you were doing.:confused:

I am now. :)

I was trying to isolate which file was the issue so I could use the converted files for the rest. That wasn't doing me any favors.

I'll work on SotM and everyone else can get SMAC up and running.

When I have questions I'll let you guys know.

I am currently running our old bugged mod with a Debug .dll and slowly getting rid of the errors.

I am currently running our old bugged mod with a Debug .dll and slowly getting rid of the errors.

That works too. Hopefully we can meet in the middle with a tidier mod. God knows the original was ugly inside. :)

The original is still ugly. I got rid of all the error the debug gave me and it still CTD.
I guess its back to the new one.

Most likely in terrain or maybe the map generating somehow. Of course I've said it was most likely everything at some point. :(

I do know that there is an extra line in the ArtDefines_Terrain now.

Geo - I have the cityset in the art folder and put the CityLSystem in the building folder, but don't have cities on the moon. Did I miss something?

Geo - One more...as I start adding in building art do I need to do anything special or will you be able to make them magically appear after careful manipulation of the LSystem?

I have to check to be sure, but it might be that singular buildings can't be assembled as city buildings ingame anymore. The way I did it in Civ4 was a sort of hack. It would be better if some artist made a real cityset.nif from all those buildings. Of course, we need to decide which buildings we add in and we should have a single texture good for ALL those buildings together. :D

As on letting facilities appear ingame, it's a bit too complicated to explain now. I've done it in Ethnic Artstyles so I should be able to do it here too.

Also, I'd like some facilities redone so they could fit in smaller nodes, or don't have to be made too small in scale compared to citybuildings. The palace for instance could do without the attachment next to the dome.

Let me know if you want an updated file. I'm on a bit of break right now.

I have to check to be sure, but it might be that singular buildings can't be assembled as city buildings ingame anymore. The way I did it in Civ4 was a sort of hack. It would be better if some artist made a real cityset.nif from all those buildings. Of course, we need to decide which buildings we add in and we should have a single texture good for ALL those buildings together. :D

So we might need someone to follow Chamaedrys' tutorial then?

Also, I'd like some facilities redone so they could fit in smaller nodes, or don't have to be made too small in scale compared to citybuildings. The palace for instance could do without the attachment next to the dome.

So you'd like one "tile" buildings. I'm calling the Dome and the attachment each tiles here. I think I made everything in that series of moon buildings based on attachable similar sizes.

So we might need someone to follow Chamaedrys' tutorial then?

I don't know yet, since I hadn't time yet to look into it. :p

So you'd like one "tile" buildings. I'm calling the Dome and the attachment each tiles here. I think I made everything in that series of moon buildings based on attachable similar sizes.

Yes, that's what I meant. The reason was the scaling compared with the city buildings.

Btw, did you use the .svn to put all your work in? Should I start from a blank folder again?

Yes, that's what I meant. The reason was the scaling compared with the city buildings.

Btw, did you use the .svn to put all your work in? Should I start from a blank folder again?

I have a mod folder on my HD, but didn't commit since it has been a test. I can upload it later tonight if you want.

It is not the same one from a few days ago that I linked and uploaded.

I have a mod folder on my HD, but didn't commit since it has been a test. I can upload it later tonight if you want.

Please do, as I need to check your artdefine files to see why the cities don't show moonlike.

I'll commit the XML only then. But you'll get some pink blobs. :)

Art and Sounds will need to wait for a separate upload.

I will know when I try again. ;) (did an .svn update yesterday and I still had a CTD)
Tomorrow I have a day off so if the mood is well I have quite some time to work on the mod.

Did you start the SVN from scratch or try to update? If you update there might be some leftover files that aren't needed to run the mod and may cause issues.

Admittedly, I didn't try to load the game after updating the svn so it might not work. :(

Top Bottom