riddle me this

poed

Chieftain
i got hte game 2 days ago, installed and played it. then i dl,d the update and it wouldnt start after that. it said it would work after i reinstalled the game so i stuck in the disk and it would not give me that option so i deleted it. well now i cant get the game to install at all. when i open disk one and hit setup, it says version 1.74.000 installed . you are trying to install 1.1 i believe but i have tried to add remove programs civ 4. its a 9.meg file. and it wont let me remove it at all. and i cant fing any civ 4 files anywhere on my system to delete. does anybody out there have any suggestions on how to remove it so i can reinstall or is it now just a paperweight?:mad:

Welcome to CFC :band:

you most likely misunderstood the windows error it gave you - you were supposed to reinstall/update DirectX9c not Civ - and it will tell you this also after a successful reinstall. you'll get it from here

now for the reinstall:

the uninstall routine is in the windows control panel - try using that, if that fails because you already deleted most of the files try this:

Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8}"

Note: this is a hidden directory - so you'll have to set windows explorer to show hidden files :)

Top Bottom