Riddle

vikingruler said:
correct, how did you know?

I heard this on the Car Talk puzzler a few years ago. Some more from those guys:

1) A policeman was reading an accident report a junior officer had filled out. It was a two car collision, with one vehicle rear ending the other. Normally the rammer is at fault, but in this case the driver of the vehicle that was hit accepted responsiblity. Even stranger, the sole owner of rammer car, who never let anybody else behind the wheel, was sitting in the passenger seat of the other vehicle at the time of impact, and both vehicles were in motion. What happened?

2) During WWII, the English were losing aircraft at a terrible rate, so a group was put together to equip more armor on the planes. Because of the extra weight, only the important areas could be covered. The group examined the bodies of planes after air combact, and took careful notes on where bullet holes were on each plane. They began to notice a pattern, with some areas receiving many hits, and other areas few to none. They were about to start armoring the areas with many hits, when an old mechanic came up and told them something that changed their mind. What?

C3CFanatic0014 said:
W00t! Let the record show that Turner_727 did not answer this question! It pays to read books. Esp. the prequel to LOTR. That book has the answer.

Well, there you go. I've never read LOTR, nor will I.

If you want to go digging through books for esoteric passages, well, I can do that too.

taper:

1) Rammed was towing Rammer and hit the brakes. As to why the guy was in the passenger seat: maybe he didn't have a driver's license.

taper said:
2) During WWII, the English were losing aircraft at a terrible rate, so a group was put together to equip more armor on the planes. Because of the extra weight, only the important areas could be covered. The group examined the bodies of planes after air combact, and took careful notes on where bullet holes were on each plane. They began to notice a pattern, with some areas receiving many hits, and other areas few to none. They were about to start armoring the areas with many hits, when an old mechanic came up and told them something that changed their mind. What?

it would increase the weight of the aircraft reducing its capabilities. Also affecting the performance of the aircraft making it front heavy. (Amour plate behind piolt to protect head and chest areas was tested)

In addition most pilots suffered wounds via burns due to airplane catching fire. rather then by machine gun fire of enemy planes.

Actually, that's not the answer. I got curious and went and looked it up. Not going to post the answer here, so I don't ruin someone's fun.

I didn't look it up, but I would imagine that if a plane landed safely with lots of bullet holes in a particular place, that place doesn't need the armor; it can take hits.

Arminius: Very close, but figure out why the guy wasn't in the car and you have it all.

FriendlyFire: No

Irish Caeser: Close

I won't be back until Monday, so don't expect anymore answers, but you guys should get it from here.

taper said:
FriendlyFire: No

The other major cause of High British looses was of course
"FriendlyFire"

Can I have a go?

"A metal neither black nor red
As heavy as man's golden greed
What do you do to stay ahead
With friend or arrow or steed"

For taper's second riddle, the planes that came back with bullet holes could clearly still fly without extra armour there. The planes that crashed obviosuly didnt need more protection there, but on the other parts of the plane. Just that the inspectors wouldnt see them, because they would have crashed.

What two 5 letter English words do not change their pronunciation when four of the letters are taken away? (1 of hem is pretty easy to get, the other not so).

farting bob said:
What two 5 letter English words do not change their pronunciation when four of the letters are taken away? (1 of hem is pretty easy to get, the other not so).
one of the words is queue.

Farting Bob and Weasel Op: correct.

New one: A man leaves work one night, and just before he leaves he turns off all the lights, since he was the only one there. The next morning he wakes up, turns on the TV, leans over, pulls out a gun, and shoots himself. Why?

taper said:
Farting Bob and Weasel Op: correct.

New one: A man leaves work one night, and just before he leaves he turns off all the lights, since he was the only one there. The next morning he wakes up, turns on the TV, leans over, pulls out a gun, and shoots himself. Why?
He is an air traffic controller. He turned-off the runway lights - when he turns on the TV in the morning, he sees that a jet has crashed because of the lack of runway lights - he feels responsible, so he kills himself.

(Either that or he's a lighthouse keeper & a ship runs aground etc).

It's the lighthouse one.

A man pushes a car to a house. The owner of the car pays the owner of the house $50. Why?

it was a shot of alcohol.

Top Bottom