Game slows down when I reload it

Crazyflyinpanda

Chieftain
So basically for two of my games that i have tried reloading both have had serious lag issues right away. It takes around 5 mins for the game to respond when you select a unit and the next turn button makes a sound when you click on it but it doesn't do anything. This has happened to both the games I have played so far one with 8 civs on a standard map in 1200 ad and one with 12 civs and 24 city states on a huge map in 1700 ad. in case it matters my gpu is a nvidia 630m 2gb and my cpu is a intel i7 3610qm 2.3ghz.

That's strange.It doesn't look like with that kind of computer that you should have a problem like that.

Sorry, I don't know what would cause that.

Have you tried rebooting the computer and let windows refresh the memory? I say it is still related to poor coding and memory leaks, but that is my guess. I would even check local cache before and after rebooting to re-fresh the game files themselves from faulty loading and re-loading into memory.

I toned down all the graphics to medium and it works just fine now but ill also try what you said since i just got my laptop and i might just have to work out a few bugs in it and thanks for your help

Im having figuring out what timtofly reccommended that i do put i checked on what my fps was after reloading a game on arpihalego huge size with around half the world revealed and it usually hovered around 10-15 fps although it reached as low as 4 should i be getting higher rates than that with the machine i have, also right now all my video settings i have are on medium except for one which is on high and i think it was texture and if someone could help me with how to check on the things timtofly reccommended that would be great and if i need to lower my settings what should i edit them to

You could try this:

1. Open up your config.ini (this file is in Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5)
2. Look for the following line: EnableGameCoreThreading = 1
3. Change it to: EnableGameCoreThreading = 0

To verify the local cache, you have to go to the game properties in steam. Right click the game icon in steam. Choose properties. Then the third tab should be local content. You can then choose varify local content. It will download a file. You need to keep doing this until you get the message all files successfully varified.

Top Bottom