Farscape

I was coming more from the background side of things. Visuals never bugged me, probably because of my exposure to trek when we had to accept that the difference between aliens was ears, eyebrows, and severe hair cuts. :) That said, I friggin' loved Centauri hair.

Male or female? :p

I think the little details that other shows rarely bother really helped make the B5 aliens more 'real'.

"Centauri don't have major arteries in their wrists."
"Of course we don't. What do you think I am, stupid?"

They have the whole series free on Amazon Prime. I've been watching them in sequence. See also Alphas, Firefly and older Dr. Who.

J

I watched it a few years ago, without knowing about the abrupt end. I was devastated: I really loved it, and thought it was very far from having exhausted its potential.
Kaitzilla: does the comic series round up the story well?

The short miniseries The Peacekeeper Wars wraps up the series nicely so I never continued with the comics. :dunno:

I pictured a late-90's garbage sci-fi ripoff upon reading the description, and the concept does seem a bit silly, but it is actually the most amazing show I have ever seen. You fall in love with the characters. The only thing that it compares to, emotionally, is Animorphs.

Any others who have watched it? (I'm up to season three.)

It's a fantastic show. I've watched it through fully twice, and it's a master piece. Also recommend watching the move that wraps up the story line, because this was yet another show that was cancelled before its time. I'm sure others have mentioned it above, but here is another one. It's called the Peacekeeper Wars.

Claudia Black :goodjob:

Claudia Black :goodjob:
I like her, too. I thought her character in Stargate was a lot of fun, even if the show had slid downhill a little. I heard her on a podcast a year or two ago, and it sounded like she was having a hard time finding work. She did a bunch of video game voices just to keep the lights on, and I guess she's on a tv show now.

Farscape is fascinating

There are times when it is awesome and times when it is rubbish.

You never quite know what you are getting when you watch an episode and thats what I like.

Farscape is fascinating

There are times when it is awesome and times when it is rubbish.

You never quite know what you are getting when you watch an episode and thats what I like.
Yeah, it was really creative and different. Even when it didn't work, at least it was trying to be weird. The Muppets meets Terry Gilliam, produced by Aussies.

I note that Claudia Black is starring in this new show, Containment. Some kind of disease outbreak story, as a television series rather than a movie. I'll probably give it a try. I think she looks much better with dark hair, though.

(Not actually a spoiler, just a photo that was larger than I realized.)

Spoiler :

Link to video.

So since recently I have started watching Farscape. I echo the praise it has received. Great show! :) Budget constraints can be very visible and the pacing and plot construction seems kinda weird and disconcerted at times, but there is a very original feel to it all and it got some nice humor. Very entertaining. In its weirdness it also feels like a total reversal of the stiffness of Star Trek, which is very refreshing.

What seemed painfully ridiculous to me in the pilot was how they would give a space shuttle pilot a mere open helmed to wear. May as well have just equipped him with a football helmet. :crazyeye: That looked unbearable cheap and dumb.
Though then I realized that in Star Wars the rebels were wearing similar helmets, but with a transparent shield before their eyes. Never bothered me!

Top Bottom