Zulu Domination Guide (Deity, standard, Pangea)

Domination is easier when the AI is closer. When I play Shaka on emperor typically the AI is a far away trek.

Play DCL #1 - there isn't much room to breathe on that map! ;)

In which case, reddishrescue, you should play the DCL #1 and let us know how you got on ;)

For your melee units, which do you recommend: Completing buffalo promotions, or taking normal promotions to beeline march? The Impis seem like units that especially appreciate March, as they are made for attacking. The most valuable buffalo thingy, the +1 move, is in the free one.

@Nonevah, I think both your observations are on the mark. That said, I very much appreciate anything I get to do differently with UU. So I always pick the buffalo promotions first, but never really seem to get much out of them (besides the extra move).

The flanking bonus in the Buffalo promotions is pretty strong, and I like to spam Impies so it's easy to take advantage of. I view them as kind of expendable once I hit the golden unit per turn threshold.

The promotions are chest, horns, and loins. The Zulu split their army into 4 parts. They would engage an opponent with the chest while sweeping the horns to either side. The horns surround the enemy and the slaughter starts. Once there is a weakness in the enemy lines, the Zulu commit the loins to that area and crush the enemy.

I just don't understand how it's possible to have the pyramid built, have 3 cities (4th settler on the way) and 5 CB's by turn 62? I tried following your tactic in my own game and I just started building the pyramids at turn 62 with 2 cities and 3 archers. I just don't see any way to get it faster. What am I doing wrong here?

Are you micromanaging your cities and workers?

Top Bottom