Caveman 2 Cosmos

Okay, I want to clarify my statements above.
First, Hydromancer, you may have found iron and Lead at mines, but did you ever find it in the same city?
I'm sorry, but you can't force random chance on someone and say it's a good thing. Even Zappara wasn't that mean. :)
I've never once found iron and lead in the same city, from any mine, in any of the dozens of games I played. By what you have said, you want to block a huge technology group of buildings, in the transhuman era, by making it impossible to build anything that requires Manganese. This is beyond horrible game design. It's like something the devs of Limbo of the lost, or Big Rigs wouldn't even do.

The Catacomb wonder was the most broken wonder hands down. It had a chance to randomly kill any unit that attacked a unit belonging to the owner from any city in the entire empire, with no hope for recovery from any format, so yeah, it did make Grimith Rage quit the mod, if you don't think so, watch his last video on the series, and read the posts on it.

As for "
Are you saying it's possible to handle radioactivity/nukes, fusion, antimatter etc. etc., including before you fully understand them, and never have an accident? Seriously?

Furthermore, I don't know what this building it's required to build is, but I'm guessing the sky doesn't fall if you don't build it for fear of potential extra micro... "
You misunderstood my statement completely.

The utility fog has the disaster flag, and is a prerequisite for another building. It makes no sense to force a person to build a building that has the disaster flag, for any other building.

Lots of things in this game do not need a disaster flag. I am simply asking for a World Wonder that negates all disaster flags, making buildings safe to build.
The Utility Fog also gives you +50% hammers, which is beyond amazing.
Also, Fusion doesn't even have disasters related to it, oh, no, you blew up part of a building, it will take a lot of money to repair. That is the worst possible outcome of a Fusion reactor going crazy. Period, there is no alternative disaster. Look it up. And there hasn't been any Anti-Matter Tech in this mod I've run into yet, but a nuclear meltdown would be like a small firecracker in comparison to the damage anti-matter can do. :)

By the time nanotechology allows us to build something like an Utility Fog, it shouldn't even have a chance of having a disaster. No one builds buildings before making sure they don't go crazy. Nuclear Meltdowns should not be the basis for all issues from any technological buildings in the distant future. As Technology progress, it's simple common sense that disasters cannot happen any more, therefore, a WORLD wonder, should be added that negates all building disaster flags.

My points I have made were not designed to be so annoying, that they shouldn't be taken seriously.

"Yeah you know you do this so please just dial it back a bit. I know the feeling of thinking I have to make every possible argument to give my case the absolute best chance of not being ignored... But it's a fine line and too much really is too much..."

I encourage people to understand more about Asperger's Syndrome, before they want to axe me a question.
I have that focus, I have the freakouts, but I am passionate about certain things, and those are what makes me have the freak outs.
Dialing it down only works sometimes. It's like asking a 1 legged man to grow his other leg back.

And yeah, I did mention a few pedantic things, very minor. I just think they should be fixed someday, in the distant future. Every single time I mentioned those minor things, I suggested that it could be fixed in the distant future, after all the major issues have been fixed.
There is no law stating that minor issues can't be talked about. They are not Fight Club.

I'm not asking that we slap the person who created Negative traits with a trout. Now that's pedantic.

I just simply don't see how the Manganese can have any defense at all. Especially since the argument against fixing it is simply, "Everyone else has bad luck. I just happen to have the most awesome luck of all time." :)

I'm sorry, Hydro, but don't drive me away from another mod pack because the devs are too "Perfect" and can't accept mistakes have been made.
I have a lot of respect for you, but do not go down the same road as Zappara, there is no turning back.

StrategyOnly would remember me from way way back. :) I don't know if you've been with him since the very beginning of Next War Advanced, with the Animal race, and everything.
I'm just very passionate, and I write out walls of Text.

My only crime, is those two things. Guys, I try to not be crazy, I do. I just wish I could explain how bloody hard this is. But it is, really hard, really difficult. You have to understand, these are things I do, not because I love making people angry, but because I cannot help it.

I can try, but it is difficult. It is more difficult than making this mod. :) I almost cried while writing this, because it is that difficult to stop it. I don't do it to alienate myself, I can only try to make it better.
You must all bare with me. This is something I will have for the rest of my life, or until nanotechnology can cure Autism. :)

Not true. I have had many games where new minerals are found at mines. I have both Iron and Lead discovered at mines in games. As well as many other minerals.

Obviously the issue is whether it occurs often enough to supply both (iron and lead) to the same city. If a majority of games have less than two sources of Manganese at early Transhuman, then David and I are right, and I continue to suspect we are. Either manganese needs to be more common, or it needs to not be a mandatory prereq for Holo Projectors.

Obviously the issue is whether it occurs often enough to supply both (iron and lead) to the same city. If a majority of games have less than two sources of Manganese at early Transhuman, then David and I are right, and I continue to suspect we are. Either manganese needs to be more common, or it needs to not be a mandatory prereq for Holo Projectors.

I agree.
Sorry for the wall of text above, but the simplest solution is to do what you suggested.

I mean, the other solution is to hire ninjas to tie up Hydromancer, but that seems needlessly problematic. :)

Seriously, though, I promise not to do walls of text anymore.

This game was one of the first times I got that far into the Transhuman era, but when you've gone through a lot of games. and never got the requirements of iron and lead in the same city, It's not a good sign. :)

How about getting manganese in the late game by other means, too? There are these huge amounts of manganese nodules on the ocean floor, maybe a late-game coastal building could extract it? Or even have a manganese nodule resource on the ocean floor that can be extracted?

This is a cool idea since we do not have many ocean floor resources.

However I may have another solution. But I have not worked it all out yet.

EDIT: No I think that's the way to go.

It isn't showing up in the in-game mods section after downloading this and placing the files in the mods folder. =c

If 1st starting C2C, you might have to wait for the 1st time, around 10 minutes for it to take effect, after that around 1 minute, IF you leave your PC on that is. . . SO

Thanks for the reply. I left left the game running for over 10 minutes and there is still nothing in the load a mod section for this mod. :c
Oh, I also have it on steam, if that helps any.

Try to unpack mod here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

I just wanted to say, I finally got C2C after saving my (limited) bandwidth. Not a fan of Civ 5, I went back to 4, played New Dawn and Realism. But C2C, wow, it really lives up to the hype. It's like Civ 6. I thought the long turns would get boring..NOPE! There's so much to do. Combat is awesome as well, with real strategy by the AI and myself. I mean I need to use vanguard units, large hard hitting stacks supported by small flanking forces..even the AI leaves rear guard behind to slow my pursuit of their armies! And the balance is good if the settings are set correctly. I love the addition of crime and other stats. Amazing mod.

It needs to be the model for the next Civ.

Combat is awesome as well, with real strategy by the AI and myself. And the balance is good if the settings are set correctly. Amazing mod.

It is an amazing mod - agreed. But I find the combat aspect a bit weak. I admit I am currently using a lower difficulty level - as I get used to the mod and what it has to offer.

So to help me and others what settings are you using? :)

It is an amazing mod - agreed. But I find the combat aspect a bit weak. I admit I am currently using a lower difficulty level - as I get used to the mod and what it has to offer.

So to help me and others what settings are you using? :)

I'd suggest you to move up with difficulty level, AI won't get better, but with its many advantages it will give you a challenge. Even with basic Civ knowledge you should be able to play Monarch-Emperor.

For the current game use Deity level with Nightmare mode. Maybe its too hard then, I am behind a lot in techs (and I use a Scientific/Megalomaniac leader), but the AI does expand (the other thread complained about AI not expanding at all), does take cities and sometimes can even surprise me. During a looong war with William I conquered his only city without walls, lost it another night plus a whole army group when the city revolted and he surprised me, conquered it again two days later and agreed to peace finally when I had 19 unhappy faces in capital due to war weariness and he won another great battle.
I also turned off ranged bombard and Great commanders (again it was too easy with them giving bonus to all units around), but I use Barbarian generals and Barbarian World. But not Raging barbs, there were too many animals then. I also do not like huge empty maps, but the smaller, more crowded ones, where one has to fight for every square.

With those settings I have a great game, there are so many challenging aspects - resources, all city properties, unhapiness, maintenance costs, cultures... I even remove buildings later when I do not need them and they have some disadvantages like costs or disease. Many thanks to the whole team for pushing Civilization so far!

Any chance of finding more civs for this besides the pack Sparth (thank you Sparth!) posted up? I was hoping to find the civilizations of Test of Time and RoM:AND megapack in here.

Any chance of finding more civs for this besides the pack Sparth (thank you Sparth!) posted up? I was hoping to find the civilizations of Test of Time and RoM:AND megapack in here.

If you want more civ in my megapack post the list in my thread and Ill try to add them to my modmod as soon as i'll have a spare time :)

I started a game, thought I could grow if I fixed some health problems, and teched to herbalism. The game revealed a disease metric, which gave rise to dysentery after a dozen turns. My plans for expansion were ended.
And I loved it. The storytelling. This game is... beyond. Wow. So sophisticate. Much entertain. Very character.

I am very much in favour of developing interface enhancements.
--> I really want to use BAT or even just BUG but neither one understands my Steam install.

While using the game's resource and building system, with auto-build buildings, and resource supply, is really clever, I think the game would benefit from masking that magic . The new 'resources' like pollution and education need their own name. "Conditions"? perhaps? Someplace to start. Similarly, Pretribemaint, The civic buildings, and the cultural identities, it would be brilliant to present them in a more encapsulated way than a filter named "special".

Also, the scrolling is really killer. The civics page should let you scroll to a section by clicking on the civic icon, not open a sevopedia window or push a revolution choice.

edit: Also, a lot of the math is just wrong half the time. Why does disease keep saying it has one modifier applying to it, then change to something unrelated, and the modifier swings from negative to positive? Why does a hunter unit show "-120% vs. animals" in combat when it means that's to my advantage?

I started a game, thought I could grow if I fixed some health problems, and teched to herbalism. The game revealed a disease metric, which gave rise to dysentery after a dozen turns. My plans for expansion were ended.
And I loved it. The storytelling. This game is... beyond. Wow. So sophisticate. Much entertain. Very character.

I am very much in favour of developing interface enhancements.
--> I really want to use BAT or even just BUG but neither one understands my Steam install.

While using the game's resource and building system, with auto-build buildings, and resource supply, is really clever, I think the game would benefit from masking that magic . The new 'resources' like pollution and education need their own name. "Conditions"? perhaps? Someplace to start. Similarly, Pretribemaint, The civic buildings, and the cultural identities, it would be brilliant to present them in a more encapsulated way than a filter named "special".

Also, the scrolling is really killer. The civics page should let you scroll to a section by clicking on the civic icon, not open a sevopedia window or push a revolution choice.

edit: Also, a lot of the math is just wrong half the time. Why does disease keep saying it has one modifier applying to it, then change to something unrelated, and the modifier swings from negative to positive? Why does a hunter unit show "-120% vs. animals" in combat when it means that's to my advantage?
You need a non-steam based install! We need your help with some things there.

What you're calling 'conditions' are called Properties. And you can't mathematically track them too well as a player - their dynamic is based on very complex formulas which factor in a lot of things that make it impossible to explain to the player the way it's been laid out. If I'm not mistaken, some of the adjustments to the final total each round are determined at the time it makes them and cannot be predicted. Few of us understand it well enough to try to improve on it's display. But it's sufficient to understand, I think, that there is a decay that attempts to push back towards a final result of 0 and the farther you get from 0 the harder the decay pushes, as well as there is some diffusion 'rocking' back and forth between plots around a city and the city itself. The system works much like global weather in a mathematical sense in many ways.

Yeah, there are some funny spots in the combat displays. I need someone who's patient and methodical to point out each flaw individually in a bugs thread on the subject. I can start to try to work things out from that.

edit: Also, a lot of the math is just wrong half the time. Why does disease keep saying it has one modifier applying to it, then change to something unrelated, and the modifier swings from negative to positive?

iirc With properties it is showing you the current value and how much it changed from last turn not how much it is expected to change this turn as it is not easily predicted.

As to the unexpected changes, I have noticed that if I create some crime fighting units in a city but move them to other cities. In the turn they were created they seem to have some affect on all the plots they moved through and this flows to neighbouring plots the next turn.

Oh cool, that makes sense.

I still wish to help out this project, though. I mean, even hunting for those spelling errors. And what's up with the caret code for unit class ^cb^ giving the raw text like UNIT_COMBAT_MELEE ?
Just give me the source. I can do python.

edit: And the technology arrows. Style's not consistent.
I'd like to emphasize again, I love this project. The quantity of my nitpicking is always directly proportional to my appreciation of the endeavour. This project has greatness in't; that's why its flaws are salient to me.

If the raw text is shown it means it probably has not been defined or there is a spelling error in the raw text. We can only get at it via a function and that returns the raw text if it can't find the language text for it.

Top Bottom