Neoteric World

All Hail Neoteric Mod! First of his name, King of the Modern Techs, and Protector of True Civilization and not that water downed BS Civilization 5!

Let's do an update dude. We can hive mind ideas and issues that we have come across. I don't have the prowess in modding like you do, you are our only help BobeBrown.

He hasn't logged on CFC in nearly a year, Gregg :p

But I still check :p I love civilization and still play this mod weekly. Shame Civ 5 was never as good otherwise I would have played it.

I wont ever do an update for this, I cant think of anything else I would like to add. This mod uses RevDCM core, all credit goes to the guy called Jdog something, cant remember the last part of his internet name its been a long time but he done a lot of work and time on civ 4. He could probably have made some money out of it if the civilization modders were more like minecraft modders and had their own websites and download links instead of everything going through this website.

I downloaded everything like I had to but now it's showing me this error message every time I start playing a game:

BugOptions - Failed writing INI file 'C:/program files/firaxisgames/sidmeierscivilization4/ beyond the sword/ mods/ neoteric world/ user settings/ autolog.ini

I tried looking for a solution, but none that were specific to the autolog.ini. there was another error that was very similar to this one but at the end it was different. Even then, I tried the fix you recommended to the guy and the same issue happens.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer! Love the MOD!

Two ideas. Is the path exactly right for your computer?
Also, does autolog.ini already exist in that path? If so, is it read-only? Best to rename it to autolog.xxx (or something) and try again.

I can check my system when I get back home to see what it looks like. I've never had any issues like that with my copy.

Some time ago, someone mentioned seeing a unitbuild error and while it seems to be just a warning, it's something that shouldn't appear.

Anyway, I think I've tracked it down to the building of a mechanized infantry unit. I'll have a look through the xml code for this unit to see if I can spot anything (even though I've no idea what I'm looking for!).

How do I know it's mech inf? I had 3 warnings at the start of a turn and built exactly 3 new mech inf units that turn. It's the later mech inf, not the early version.

Ha, found it.

in the Civ4UnitInfos.xml file, the entry for mechanized infantry has as line 6...

<Combat>UNITCOMBAT_IFV</Combat>

This is different from vanilla BTS which has

<Combat>UNITCOMBAT_GUN</Combat>

So I changed the line, replacing IFV with GUN and now when I build a mech inf I no longer get the error warning.

Hello all,

Just started playing with the neoterric mod and one of my favourate maps with the other versions of the game is the "Terra" map. However, something really bizarre happens when I use it in the Neoterric mod. I always get no oceans and all land!

I thought at first that this was because I was selecting the "Low" sealevel, but it doesn't matter. If I select "medium" sealevel, it does the same thing. I also always use a "Giant" map.

If anyone has any idea what's going on, that would be great :) I don't mind having a map without oceans once in a while, but seriously, a giant map with all land, does present a challenge that I don't always want! :crazyeye:

Thanks so much!

I've found that some map types are just incompatible, giving all water or all land. No idea why this might happen. You just have to avoid those map types.

SOS

Help. Having trouble with multiplayer. Every time my buddy joins the game it says "Player 2 has different versions of some game files. Verify that this is a trusted player" and then places a "*MOD*" before his username. When we start the game it says that our game is out of sync.

So I think I figured out what was causing the problem. When you invite someone or someone joins your game through steam invite, steam will restart your civ and kill the mod. This is why the other player will have "different versions of some game files". To fix this my buddy and I used software to create a virtual LAN and played via Multiplayer LAN. There are many kinds, currently I use Tunngle. Hope this helps any future players out.

Every download link I can find is redirecting me to "GameWatcher.com", and I have no clue how to download the file form that website. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

That link still works.

I co-created this mod. Here is another link for the fully patched latest version via mega upload.
http://www.megafileupload.com/ntbY/Neoteric_World.zip

At first I couldn't figure out how to download from the game watcher site. I have an apple mac - when I tried the website on my brother's windows PC there was a download button that did not appear on my mac.

I have the mod installed now, but if I try and load it I will just get loading errors and then BTS will just quit. Does this mod not work on macs?

it says:

Failed loading XML file xml\text\mw_civ4gametext.xml. [/AspyrBuild/depot/Civ4/Sources BTS/Win/FirePlace/FireWorks/Win32/FXml.cpp:140] Error parsing XML File.

similar errors for advancedcombatodds_civ4gametext.xml and

bugoptions_revdgametext.xml

Is there anything I might be able to do to fix it?

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but this is kind of a simple question. If I'm playing custom scenarios, how do I enable barbarian civ spawning and the revolutions options for regular civilizations?

Just to be clear, when I download a custom Europe map with historic start locations, I run it as a custom scenario but when I load the game, all the revolutions options are gone, the revwatch screen isn't present, and barbarian cities don't spawn into new civilizations. Since this uses RevolutionsDCM and BUG mod presumably some of the same issues and fixes might apply.

Also, heads up, I'm not great with computers.

I am playing a game and almost everything is fine. The Brandenburg Gate is really nice to have. But some comments on nukes:

1) I like the A-bombs. They seem to create no or almost no fallout.
2) I made a mistake and learned that I can accidently detonate an A-bomb over one of my own cities.
3) The City of Jerusalem seems to be immune to A-bombs and tactical nukes. I tried several attacks, and they just don´t go off, though they work well elsewhere. One A-bomb that didn´t want to detonate over enemy Jerusalem was the one that then got off over one of my own cities.

Top Bottom