Faith buildings on the Happy side

dasaard200

Prince
A possible use of Bozo's religion is to forward-settle cities to attract Bozo's Missionary's, let them get a majority follower status; then YOU build Bozo's RBuildings, then bring in your GProphet and Inquisitors, and then build your OWN RBuildings !
You could wind up with 3 or 4 RBuildings in a city, yielding a frightening amount of Faith per turn !
Of course, your CORE cities should be nailed down with a GProphret or Inquisitor .
This idea could make Bozo to use up his GProphets and Missionary's to your profit .
Comments ?

^^Ah--got it. I was thinking Bozo the Clown at first, but didn't understand it in this context. Got it now.

That also means you'd lose the pressure battle early, and would have to spend faith to get it back, in addition to spending faith to buy the buildings of their religion. I honestly don't see how you can generate enough faith that early if you're not playing ethiopia or mayans or something.

Sessy pretty much nailed it. Your faith spending on this will still be equal to Bozo's, and you'll experience problems with pressure from enemy faith.

However, if you manage to capture several missionaries from a good faith, you could stock up faith and do a controlled creep of that religion throughout your cities, never keeping it in city long enough to cause problems via pressure.

Bozo is a generic name for AI's; as they are marginally (??) smarter than barbarians . Besides, it's easier than trying to remember how to spell Ramalamadingdinghdhong !!

In my current game, on Tiny Islands map, Raging Barb's, Increased Barb. Spawn, and Ultd. Barb. Experence mods, Time- and Diplo-VC's disabled, Ryika's Caravan mod, as America, on Prince;
in religion, with 17 all-up cities, at 8 Fpt, that's 136 Fpt!, while sitting on +24 happiness .
I am forward-settling island by island to lure Bozo's GP's and MSSY's to 'do' my new cities so I can glom onto a building that my religion can't build .
2 turns from off-shore wells, I build a Pagoda or Mosque every 4 turns, and the odd IQ, MSSY, or GProphet to clean up the 'converted' cities .
Chicago now has 3 RBuildings !

Now if Bozo2 would get around to building Cathedrals ...
O, if some Bozo would DW on me, I would unleash the Fleet !!

Political correctness, man. You're going to hurt the AI's feelings, along with every citizen who converted to pastafarianism.

AI's have feelings???; and WHY should I donate rodent parts about them ????
Yea, though it is a burdensome Duty to bring Enlightenment to the Unwashed Masses who lurk beyond Our borders, We shall joyfully Strive to do so !!, (by WINNING the Game) .

political correctness?, you ask;
My PC got broken during my tour in Viet-Nam, and I have NO need to fix it .

Ok, maybe you won't have this problem going wide on prince, but by no means is this strategy viable on higher difficulty levels where it's even questionable to get a religion in the first place since AIs picked building beliefs. Hypothetically, if you want to do this, what beliefs would you go for? How will you be able to generate that much early faith? If you buy the AI religion buildings with faith, you won't have enough to get back your cities and then buy your own buildings, let alone spread the religion.

Maybe you're thinking of this in terms of ICS sacred sites...

The idea is to: 1) find the religious CS's, 2)settle all the islands around them, 3) have a big navy to keep Barbs out, 4) do their quests, trade routes, and buy them out .

As my battle fleet explores/exploits an island; clearing out Barbies, settling, and expanding the Realm, CS's are peacefully integrated .
This sets up a 'no-sail' area that will cover a huge swath, squeezing AI development ... and gives me more manpower when I need it .
Works for all other CS's, too .

However, if you manage to capture several missionaries from a good faith, you could stock up faith and do a controlled creep of that religion throughout your cities, never keeping it in city long enough to cause problems via pressure.

If you capture some early you can use them to convert your new cities immediately you settle them, buy the desired faith buildings then let pressure from your other cities do its work. Like almost everything this is map and playing style dependent.

The other way is to not bother with trying hard to found a religion. Then "enemy religious pressure" is not much of a problem. In my current game I was four picks into Piety as Theodora when the last religion slot went. I'm doing OK nonetheless.

The way I see it, if one of my cities gets converted to another religion that has a religious building, then I just don't look at it as such a bad thing (even better if the pantheon and second follower belief are good for me as well). I will purchase that religious building and then delay using an inquisitor on that city. But I'll still get rid of the foreign religion eventually if I have my own. And I would not go out of my way to get other religions into my cities just for their religious buildings. It's just something I take advantage of if it happens.

By the way, just so you know, going wide like this would be nowhere near as easy and as profitable if you didn't have that mod that gives you an extra trade route for every Caravansary. This wouldn't really work in the base game...

LoneRebel, of course I'm using that mod; I want to have FUN, not going for an achievement .
While polishing up my act before moving up to King, I will try out some 'silly sounding' ideas for S''''s & Giggles !!
Good sir, the WHOLE point of the Game is entertainment; and, for me, beats the crap out of what's on TV .
As for forward settling new cities as Honey traps for GProphets, MSSY's, and RBuildings; and me affording a GProphet, MSSY, IQ, or RBuilding every 4-5 turns, I don't HAVE to go to war to take Bozo's RPeople .
LET them come and 'convert' my Dinkytowns; RBuilding, then cleansing/reconverting (this game) costs are, for me, spare change !!
BTW, Bozo's Monestery cost 300 Faith; whereas my RBuildings and RPeople (for now) cost 400 Faith, GProphet goes for 1750 .

Given lots for trade routes to target CS's or Dinkytowns, a slow careful spread of the Realm IS profitable for all my economies .

This idea could make Bozo to use up his GProphets and Missionary's to your profit. Comments?

Making use of buildings from foreign religions is a pretty common tactic. Neighbors with Jesuit Education or Holy Warriors are particularly valuable. You just have to careful with your holy city.

Top Bottom