Coming back

salocin097

Warlord
So I haven't played for some months. did they add a patch with cocoa and bison? I don't remember those. Or maybe I picked up an expansion with them?(I bought one to finish out my dlc besides map packs)

Also since when did attacking cities at 1 HP not give XP? I thought it did, or maybe I just didn't notice until recently.

This affects some of the grinding for XP. I remember a common strategy being DoW on a city state and just farm xp, but after a certain point only one or two units are actually lvling.

Also my friend has a Mac, can anyone direct me on how to play multiplayer cross-platform? As I have PC. Both of us are friends on Steam.

Yes they added Cocoa and Bison, nerved the Tradition tree, improved Piety, and reduced early-game warmonger hate and diplo hits for CS aggression. You can still farm XP from CS no probe.

As for multiplayer, you'll have to struggle through. A very large number of people can't get multiplayer to work properly without constant crashes and issues.

I noticed the tradition tree moved, and it definitely hurts. What happened to piety?

And i meant i don't get xp for hitting cities at one HP. I think I did before, but maybe I just didn't notice.

And multiplayer has problems in general? I assume this was after the patch?

Everyone I know can play multiplayer without constant crashes and issues (I believe the current count is 13 people out of 13 people not counting myself). There is the occasional hiccup but it tends to be rare (though after a recent patch some major problems were introduced -- primarily a resynching issue -- which were then mostly fixed in another patch). So keep in mind "a very large number of people" doesn't mean the vast majority of people or even a majority of people. It just means that it's not just consentient (apparently he knows at least some other people who have similar issues). Maybe you'll have similar issues but in my experience it's fairly unlikely.

If you both have Civ 5 on Steam then just boot Civ 5 up and invite the other to a game via Steam. Should work. If you want to test it (though I have a PC like you) you can add Balkoth on Steam and I'd be happy to play a bit of multiplayer as well if you wanted.

I don't know when/if the no XP for cities at 1 HP was changed -- I don't remember it being otherwise but I didn't start playing until less than six months ago.

Piety got a slight buff but it's still a bad tree in general.

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions

Multiplayer isn't that bad though. Players often act like jerks and smurfs and what not trying to make a scene and be funny. There are many players online that also like to boot you because they're waiting for one of their friends or because they'ressimply being jerks. I'm not complaining about multiplayer really, I'm just mentioning what's going on in multiplayer. Some games do work fine until something bad happens and someone gets disconnected. People then try to reconnect and the whole game eventually ends up crashing. There's technical difficulties and bad players that like to talk really nasty that makes me believe that they're weird or something.

The Piety tree change means you can get to Reformation faster. Piety certainly isn't as flexible as Tradition, but the Small Piety diplomatic strategy is extremely consistent. There have been a lot of naysayers, but I proved that it can work under almost any circumstances provided you have a faith pantheon by winning with Shaka on DCL #1, which was not an easy map for Diplo, at all.

Using Liberty, Honor and Piety are all strategies that can be fun and successful if you get bored of Tradition. In fact, if you want to win a Domination victory, you can generally do it quicker and with more fun using Honor than Tradition. If you've not given it a try, check out Peddroelm's Industrial Domination guide.

The piety tree is usable with the rationalism tree now. You can use the rationalism tree with the piety tree only in brave new world. You can't use the piety and rationalism trees together in gnk, you either choose one or the other like brave new world ideologies where you can only choose one. The difference is that from all the social policies in gnk, you can only choose one at the renaissance or medieval era.

Top Bottom