An Idea...

nutnut

Budding Modder
Sorry if this has been done before, but would it be possible to create a world map with Revolution and Barbarian Civs on with the four starting civs (Egypt, Babylon/Sumeria, India, China). When a Barbarian Civ or Revolutionary Civ spawns, it spawns in it's Historical Location. For example, 1) there are three Barbarian Cities in Iberia. Madrid, Barcelona and Cartagena. They form a Barbarian Civ called Spain. 2) India rules over Indochina. The cities there have a high Revolution Index and Revolt. If successful they would form Khmer.

Is such a thing possible?

Sounds sort of like Rhys. Revolution civs are already kind of linked to the civ they break off of via the DerivativeCiv tag in CivilizationInfos, so anything that breaks off of Egypt will be near Egypt anyway. As for barb civs, I saw a modcomp that based starting locations on relative distance to other civs, so for instance France and England were always closer together than China and America. Something using that sort of technique for barb civs would probably be nice. I would like that too.

Sounds sort of like Rhys. Revolution civs are already kind of linked to the civ they break off of via the DerivativeCiv tag in CivilizationInfos, so anything that breaks off of Egypt will be near Egypt anyway. As for barb civs, I saw a modcomp that based starting locations on relative distance to other civs, so for instance France and England were always closer together than China and America. Something using that sort of technique for barb civs would probably be nice. I would like that too.
you totaly missed the point, he means rather than have the appearance of Civs be set, civs that emerge will simply select a civ based on their historical location,
its entirely possible, but it would require a lot of work, you'd have to associate every tile location with some civ

you totaly missed the point, he means rather than have the appearance of Civs be set, civs that emerge will simply select a civ based on their historical location,
its entirely possible, but it would require a lot of work, you'd have to associate every tile location with some civ

Only every land tile. And one's in the far north of Siberia or the middle of the Sahara can probably be left blank.

Any volunteers?

Top Bottom