For modders & mergers

Don't Know if it's the right place to say that, I really enjoy Rev DCM Mod, but... ;)

Could you add something like Air_Bombing for the sea units against land units/ improvments/ cities (Destroy city Buildings, Walls, Ships in the city, units in the city, etc... like Air_Bombing but for sea units) ? Sea_Bombing ?

and in the same idea for land units against sea units (with gunpowder). For ex : Cannon vs. Galleon and Galleon vs. Cannon etc...

Each unit type could fight each other, the ability of all unit type will be full developed.

And to merged "Commander v.0.1 Mod" with RevDCM ? =>link to thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=352036

Civ4 isn't balanced with such a feature in mind, I also personally don't like the concept. I'm firmly against the inclusion of this modcomp. Feel the need to respond to this, because it's been asked for a few times.

I'v made a small change in my game, i'v add "General" to Great General.

Rename Great General to "Marshall" and this unit is only able to add Xp to a city, or build a Military academy.

The "General" could only give Xp to Units, and lead one of them,

i decrease the amont of Xp the "General" can give to units.

Then in the game there are more "General" emerging in the game, but less effective, it's fun to build small armies.

I don't know if it's really balanced, i think the AI can use its "General" as Great General ?

But it's fun to play, and more logical ?

Like in CivIII, Generals can Lead 3 to 5 Units (?)

Maybe give the Special promotions to Generals, and not by very bizzare Promotions pathes.

Don't Know if it's the right place to say that, I really enjoy Rev DCM Mod, but... ;)

Could you add something like Air_Bombing for the sea units against land units/ improvments/ cities (Destroy city Buildings, Walls, Ships in the city, units in the city, etc... like Air_Bombing but for sea units) ? Sea_Bombing ?

and in the same idea for land units against sea units (with gunpowder). For ex : Cannon vs. Galleon and Galleon vs. Cannon etc...

Each unit type could fight each other, the ability of all unit type will be full developed.

And to merged "Commander v.0.1 Mod" with RevDCM ? =>link to thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=352036

For that feature, may I recommend my mod? It uses RevDCM as a base, but has that mod, amongst many others in it. I'm sure you would enjoy it. ;)

Has anyone had any success merging this with CivGold 5.0? I've done it myself for earlier versions of each of these mods, but with the present versions, for some reason I can only get one mod or the other to work depending on what I call the combined mod.

I have absolutely no experience in merging mods, but I'll give a backstory and my problem.

I've been playing the BTS 3.17 version of Thomas' War for a while now, since I can't get 3.19 (which I'm fine with). I just thought it needed some Revolution, so I went hunting around and found the one compatible with 3.17.

I followed the merge guide until I came up to this:
Then, in __init__, add:
config = CvConfigParser.CvConfigParser("(Your ini file name).ini")
I can't find the .ini that came with the origonal mod under __init__ anywhere... I'm looking in CvCustomEventManager.py, am I looking in the wrong place?

At the risk of getting flamed like a punk, since this thread's been dead for nearly a year...

I'm a little baffled by the BUGEventManager paradigm. How do I go about merging in the Next War events, which already have a CvRandomEventManager.py and EventInfo XMLs?

I wan't to merge it with History Rewritten, which includes alot of new civs, buildings, leader traits, etc.
How should I do that?
I tried copying files from HR to Revolution, but it didnt work.
Are there specific files that I should not copy?
(I don't know anything about merging mods..)

I wan't to merge it with History Rewritten, which includes alot of new civs, buildings, leader traits, etc.
How should I do that?
I tried copying files from HR to Revolution, but it didnt work.
Are there specific files that I should not copy?
(I don't know anything about merging mods..)

Get yourself a copy of WinMerge and compare the directories - chances are there are certain files in common which you'll have to merge in order to get everything to work. Also, if HR includes a DLL, the project is likely going to be over your head since you'd have to merge those as well, which means getting the source-code for both DLLs...

How can I merge the Dynamic Civ Names mod with this? SDK work is not my forte.

Why isn't DCN in my version of Revoluton?

I have 2.90.

What additional XML tags have been inserted into the base Civ4 files? In particular, I would like to import new XML files for leaders, civilizations, buildings, units, promotions in particular, to create a new Modern Earth (Giant) scenario

Also have art XML files being altered at all.

Top Bottom