Alturnative Civics for Revolutions

orinsul

Warlord
ive been thinking about this. And im not sure if it would work.
i have no understanding of what python actually does
so im not sure if this is possible. alot of it relies on the hope that you have have civics which are compatible with one another, and which change depending on what their combinded with.
I know how to muck about a bit with XML so i can probably to that. And maybe thats all it'll need.
but i would like to split government into two seperate catagories.
Government style, and Ruling Class.

Despotism n/a
Heritary Aristocracy
Representation Mercant
Absolutism Clergy
Uni. Representation Military

you cannot adopt any government more complicated than despotism without a ruling class.
attached is an excel file which i sued to get my head around the idea.
not sure how to do it on the internet yet. No worries
If anyone else likes the idea feel free to respond.
if not, i do so ill attempt to make it anyway

----------

Attachments

• Gov..zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 111
ive been thinking about this. And im not sure if it would work.
i have no understanding of what python actually does
so im not sure if this is possible. alot of it relies on the hope that you have have civics which are compatible with one another, and which change depending on what their combinded with.
I know how to muck about a bit with XML so i can probably to that. And maybe thats all it'll need.
but i would like to split government into two seperate catagories.
Government style, and Ruling Class.

Despotism Peasant
Heritary Aristocracy
Representation Mercant
Absolutism Clergy
Uni. Representation Military

attached is an excel file which i sued to get my head around the idea.
not sure how to do it on the internet yet. No worries
If anyone else likes the idea feel free to respond.

im pretty sure Revindx is what i think it is, and thats the likelihood that a city well rebel. If not ill find another word for it.

I haven't looked at the file, but rev index is the accumulation of points towards a threshold at which the city will begin to rebel. Currently, if a city has 1000 or more points, it will begin to rebel; points (I don't know what they're called) accumulate every turn depending on things like government, happiness, religion, etc.

brilliant thanks.

The different rebellion thresholds are defined in the mod .ini file, currently 600 to join someone elses revolt, 1000 to instigate your own, and 1700 for the revolt to always be violent (there's a gray area between like 1500 and 1700 where there's a chance of a violent revolt).

The odds of a revolt depend on the cities rev index value and how it's trending. So, if there accumulated rev index is 1800 and on this turn they added +15 as their local rev index, a revolt is very likely. If it's instead -10 then the revolt is much less likely.

Hope that helps ...

thanks, i hope to be able to teach myself enough python to set up violent revolutions as an independant variable, as well as how it currently is.
and just some other things.
thanks

Top Bottom