What can cause a turn 0 defeat (no units on map)?

rmunn

Chieftain
I downloaded the map from http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=339762 (Nikis-Knight's map of Erebus, updated to add the Orbis civilizations) and tried playing it under RifE. But no matter what civ I tried, I consistently got a "You Have Been Defeated!" message on turn 0, with no units showing up on the map at all. I can't even load the map into WorldBuilder to look at it and maybe add the units where they need to be, since the game goes directly from "Launch!" to "You Have Been Defeated!" and I never get control.

I've loaded the WB save up in my favorite text editor and taken a look at it, and the units are indeed present, and they're not getting placed on ocean or anything like that. The WB save also has no mod listed in it, so it should (I assume) work fine with any mod that has the right civ names. (I.e., if the mod has CIVILIZATION_MECHANOS in it, it shouldn't matter whether it's Orbis or RifE).

Any ideas what could be causing this behavior, and how to fix it?

Im not sure about Orbis but RifE can handle 50 civs on a map, normal ffh can only handle 35, that will cause the error you are talking about. You just need to add more blank civ entries.

Top Bottom