Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, we're finally on the right side of the Iron Curtain :D

I don't see why should this map be outrageous or something. It's natural that the first world countries want to regulate immigration.

Isn't the "heavily guarded borders" bit, inaccurate in Europe there? I thought borders between EU countries were very open, but central/eastern Europe doesn't reflect that in the map.

Isn't the "heavily guarded borders" bit, inaccurate in Europe there? I thought borders between EU countries were very open, but central/eastern Europe doesn't reflect that in the map.

ever heard of the schengen treaty?

which is mentioned in the map?

:confused: Czechia is grey on the map.

It's an old map - the "future Schengen border" is now a reality :)

There are no border checks between Schengen zone countries, but the borders with non-Schengen, non-EU (candidate) countries are pretty heavily protected. In Eastern Poland, the new border is pretty hardcore - if there was barbed wire, it would qualify for a new iron curtain.

It is mentioned, but I thought the open borders was an EU wide thing, not just a thing with most of the EU. The treaty confused me a little. Even after the treaty expansion mentioned, it wouldn't include all EU members in Eastern Europe.

EDIT: Winner's map removes my problems

A very dubious map of religious distribution.

Why are large swathes of Russia are non-religious, while large swathes are? What's going on? What's going on in Estonia and Czechia too?

It is mentioned, but I thought the open borders was an EU wide thing, not just a thing with most of the EU. The treaty confused me a little. Even after the treaty expansion mentioned, it wouldn't include all EU members in Eastern Europe.

There are no EU members in Eastern Europe.

Anyway, before we joined Schengen, we could travel accross the EU just with an ID card, passport was not required. Similar arrangements now exist with some EU candidate countries and the EU members which have not yet joined the Schengen zone (Romania, Bulgaria plus the British Isles).

Anyway, before we joined Schengen, we could travel accross the EU just with an ID card, passport was not required. Similar arrangements now exist with some EU candidate countries and the EU members which have not yet joined the Schengen zone (Romania, Bulgaria plus the British Isles).

surely the baltic states are in eastern europe

There are in fact, Poland Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Romania and Bulgaria

surely the baltic states are in eastern europe

There are in fact, Poland Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Romania and Bulgaria

Eastern Europe:
Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Moldova and MAYBE Georgia and Armenia (on cultural grounds).

That's all I am going to say on this topic here.

Why are large swathes of Russia are non-religious, while large swathes are? What's going on? What's going on in Estonia and Czechia too?
I guess they qualified these areas as areas where are more non-religious people than Christians or Muslims....

Unrecognized nations in the Black Sea region (or Central Europe if that is what they call it themselves)

Attachments

• Black-Sea-new.PNG
    Black-Sea-new.PNG
    23.2 KB · Views: 277
Unrecognized nations in the Black Sea region (or Central Europe if that is what they call it themselves)

Nations around the Black Sea are not Central Europe either.

Kosovo is now recognized by many countries, isn't it? I'd add Crimea, because that's the next ministate to be liberated by Russia (/sarcasm).

Nations around the Black Sea are not Central Europe either.

Kosovo is now recognized by many countries, isn't it? I'd add Crimea, because that's the next ministate to be liberated by Russia (/sarcasm).

Get them to the UN and then we'll talk.

FWIW, I think South Osettia will eventually join Russia, but I reckon Abkhazia will stay independent

Eastern Europe:
Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Moldova and MAYBE Georgia and Armenia (on cultural grounds).
There are different definitions. It depends on how much you divide Europe, on what grounds, and simply the opinion of the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom