Caveman 2 Cosmos

You can Only build Horse units in the city that has the resource, with 2 exceptions.
1. the National Horse Breeder Wonder allows you to build in a city that does Not does not have the resource. But just 1 city can build the Wonder and you have to have 1 horse resource somewhere in your empie.
2. If you Found the Tengri Religion and you have at least 1 horse resource, then you can build Horse units in other cities. Once the city has the religion And you build the Tengri Horse trainer bldg And then Horse Trainer bldg.

Minidump file is in the Main BtS directory where the .exe is. Zip or rar and upload. Also tell what version of v19 it is.

JosEPh :)

JosEPh

First of all thank you very much for this awesome mod. But i have found something that is very annoying (the same problem was in RoM2, and it was not fixed)
It is about random seed - as an ideea it has to preserve random seed - which means you can reload game as many times as you want, but the results of battles and etc. must be identical. However it is not happening this way, when I reload a game from save and continue my game (with every move absolutely identical) the results are different. It is kinda annoying, can it be fixed? I think Revolutions cause this..... Thank you in advance.
There is a game option that by default keeps the random seed when you reload.
Is it set to new seed on loading for you?
If not, then does the reloading change the outcome once and then keeps the same outcome or does it change every time you load the same savegame?

There is a game option that by default keeps the random seed when you reload.
Is it set to new seed on loading for you?
If not, then does the reloading change the outcome once and then keeps the same outcome or does it change every time you load the same savegame?

No, it was the first thing to check for me, the problem is not from there. (I mean it is not set for new seed on loading, that option is on off). It changes the outcome every time you load the same savegame. I wonder how nobody has noticed this problem since now

Thanks for the work you've put into this. I am running into an issue, and it doesn't appear anyone else has posted on this. My apologies if this is the wrong thread.

I just installed BtS via Steam (no other versions of Civ on my machine) and exported the game to the correct folder. I go to Advanced, and I see the Caveman2Cosmos option available under the Mod list, and when I select it the game drops and relaunches with the new mod information. However, when I try to begin a new game, while it says Caveman2Cosmos, it's just plain Vanilla BtS.

Has anyone run into this? I've tried moving the C2C files into a separate mod folder (program files vs documents and settings) without any luck. I'm running Windows XP SP3; for what it's worth.

Thanks in advance.

I am using the steam version and I have not had this problem

Okay, now do you only have BtS installed? Or do you have Civ 4, as well? And, what about Warlord? I'm wondering if there are any dependencies that I'm unaware of.

Is your Steam version parched to the Official 3.19 patch? Has to be 3.19 or C2C won't work.

Is your Steam version parched to the Official 3.19 patch? Has to be 3.19 or C2C won't work.

With Steam you always get the most recent version (I don't think you can even get older versions even if you wanted).

@dj.chair: Do you have English selected as language?

Excelent Mod I hope you creat new things if is possible....I see litle wrongs I wait you fix, The Unit Exclusive of culture of Brazil have problem (the unit has a horse) he is fling and the other the unite monted in Bufallo has the aparence of the game Fall from Heaven II you can change this to an unit especifc of the coutry.... its only an sugestion!!! Thanks for creat this great mod, I hope this information help you!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for my bad english !!!!!!!!! Good Work Guys !!!!

With Steam you always get the most recent version (I don't think you can even get older versions even if you wanted).

@dj.chair: Do you have English selected as language?

Hi, yes, I do have English selected (for both the game and the OS language) I've included a screenshot of what the custom single player game screen looks like (I've added emphasis)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi, yes, I do have English selected (for both the game and the OS language) I've included a screenshot of what the custom single player game screen looks like (I've added emphasis)

Did you get any errors when copying the game into BtS/Mods folder ? With the added length of the steam path the limit how long a path can be may be reached. Had this with a buddy whose Gold Edition landed somehow in his userdirectory and everytime when copying C2C he got an error when long paths were involved.

Try loading C2C directly without going into BtS first. To do this either copy the C2C link in the main C2C folder to the desktop and point to the right exe or right click "civ4beyondsword.exe" -> send to desktop -> properties of the link and add after the quotation mark ' mod=\Caveman2Cosmos' without the '.
Additionally check your mod directory is in fact named Caveman2Cosmos and not C2C.

Is the file/folder structure correct?
Meaning Caveman2Cosmos folder in Mods folder and the Assets, PrivateMaps, ... folders directly in the Caveman2Cosmos folder (not Mods/Caveman2Cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/Assets).
Apart from that you could try clearing the cache to make sure it actually loads the files.

Is the file/folder structure correct?
Meaning Caveman2Cosmos folder in Mods folder and the Assets, PrivateMaps, ... folders directly in the Caveman2Cosmos folder (not Mods/Caveman2Cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/Assets).
Apart from that you could try clearing the cache to make sure it actually loads the files.

Wow... that deserves a face palm. Thanks for pointing that out AIAndy, I can't believe I made such a dumb mistake.:blush:

I got the +50% golden age wonder today and had a few cultures, so I could build hero units that give the achievements. Boy oh boy was that some hardcore ownage. I had a perpetual golden age for about 100 turns on marathon, was quite nice to say the least lol

I got the +50% golden age wonder today and had a few cultures, so I could build hero units that give the achievements. Boy oh boy was that some hardcore ownage. I had a perpetual golden age for about 100 turns on marathon, was quite nice to say the least lol

The achievements no longer give golden ages. In v20 that is.

@Joeseph~the Motherboard is a PCI Express~yes when he installed the 1G Card on the motherboard it fit in the slots.
I went to the Cards support website and have looked at the "tools" there,he will think about installing the BTS 9c,do you think the DirectX 10 would be better?
Thank you for thoughts in this matter.
Littleotter

Top Bottom