Sulla's Civilization IV Walkthrough

Sulla:

You are my hero!*! The read is fab and you are cruising thanks to quick use of all the resources. It will be oh so fun to raze resources, as I love that type of thing. ;) :) :0 Clearly MP will be a total blast!!! Thanks to the max for your time and consideration of us poor blokes.

Also, my guess is that higher difficulty levels will be much, much harder than this. Between your concise explanations and the pre-release info we have, the game is really coming to light.

Gratefully,

Darth Tater :)

Thanks for posting your walkthrough, you've done a great job so far. Really enjoyed reading it while I anxiously await playing the game myself.

Good stuff Sulla! Thank you so much for doing this for the whole civ community! :goodjob:

Question about religion: India has founded both Buddhism and Judaism... does that mean that Delhi is both the holy city of Buddhism and Judaism? Can you 'choose' to found a religion ina a city that isn't you capital?

How does multople-sponsoring of religion work, or even states with various non-sponsored religions?

If you have not already finished your game for this 7-day thing... could you consider founding another religion and talking about this stuff?

Yes, fantastic write-up, better than all the reviews. (Not to diss on CivRule's incredible info page, tho!)

One question: I know you needed a pasture to harvest those horses, but did you also need a road to that plot?

Yahzi said:
Yes, fantastic write-up, better than all the reviews. (Not to diss on CivRule's incredible info page, tho!)

One question: I know you needed a pasture to harvest those horses, but did you also need a road to that plot?
I would guess that the pasture gives the production bonuses, and the road connects the resource

Thankssssss Sulla. It just helps me wait for the 4th of november! Very good job indeed!

Yes very nice read, mahalos!

Thanks Sulla.
Great stuff.

Here in aussie land we have at least a week to wait.
This walk through is a fantastic help.

I have bookmarked your site.
I do hope it is a long term effort.:goodjob:

Thanks Sulla!
This walkthrough will surely have me prepared when I actually do get my copy of Civ4! And moreover gives something to do while I'm waiting.

Sullla, how is that the warrior unit has 3 men in graphic and a strength of 2, which cut into half to 1.0 and then showing only one figure?

3/2 = 1? :)

If so, why the 3 figures for a 2 strength?

Does 3 simply mean the unit is unharmed, being at full strength?

kind of confusing...

I believe at 3/3 strength, all three units show, at 2/3 two units will show and at 1/3 only one will show. So basically a 9 strenght unit will drop to showing only 2 units at 6 strength and 1 unt at 3 strength.

I *think*.

V. Soma said:
Sullla, how is that the warrior unit has 3 men in graphic and a strength of 2, which cut into half to 1.0 and then showing only one figure?

3/2 = 1? :)

If so, why the 3 figures for a 2 strength?

Does 3 simply mean the unit is unharmed, being at full strength?

kind of confusing...

3/2 = 1.5 but they cant show just a pair of legs (or whatever) for the 0.5 bit so they round it down.

Sulla you wrote very nice walkthrough, I can't wait to read rest of it! Thanks man!

Ex Mudder said:
I'm wondering why you didn't go for Writing after Animal Husbandry. Given that you are in contact with 3 civs, and Writing (I think) gives you the ability to trade techs (but not gold), wouldn't you have been able to jump start your tech by trading for Mining from Ghandi, Agriculture from Egypt, and Fishing from Vicky?

Or do all sides need to have writing for that to work?

Only one side needs the tech, but it is Alphabet (which comes later) not Writing. Beelining to Alphabet is a valid strategy, but it is far from the only right choice.

- Sirian

WOW! That plane flight to LAX (to get the game 10 days earlier) is looking better and better. I wonder how many coins are stuck in the couch cushions? Hey! The kids don't keep count of their cash, I'll pay them back later.

Bloody FANTASTIC site, and TA MUCHLY ("thanks a lot") for doing it. Goodonya, mate!

Top walkthrough Sulla mate. Really gives all us an advantage when learning how to play the game once we get our grubby mitts on it.

Thank you very much. :)

Top Bottom