Current (SVN) development discussion thread

I think an interesting option of the UN would be the ability to re-spawn dead civs through a resolution. e.g. Korea was wiped out by the Mongols, when the UN is built there is an option that can grant the cities there interdependence and Korea re-spawns. This could also be a way to dissolve big empires peacefully. e.g. England controls South Africa then the UN leader, if he/she is not the leader of England then there could be an option to grant the cities in South Africa there independence. Then South Africa becomes independent cities. However, this might make the UN overpowered if the player controls the UN which is normally the case.

I've also changed the Aztec UP so that it gives slaves instead of workers.

I think I'm going to do a little game involving slave settling and city states ;)

I think an interesting option of the UN would be the ability to re-spawn dead civs through a resolution. e.g. Korea was wiped out by the Mongols, when the UN is built there is an option that can grant the cities there interdependence and Korea re-spawns. This could also be a way to dissolve big empires peacefully. e.g. England controls South Africa then the UN leader, if he/she is not the leader of England then there could be an option to grant the cities in South Africa there independence. Then South Africa becomes independent cities. However, this might make the UN overpowered if the player controls the UN which is normally the case.

Its something I'd like to see, although there should probably be a civ as a prerequisite to independence instead of Independent cities (I think South Africa may be added with the post-colonial civs anyway?)

Won't this unbalance things though? It seems like bonuses are just added and added.
African civs can use a gold source, and especially Congo doesn't have that much food or happiness to make it a cakewalk.

Europeans either have to make the effort to settle Africa or depend on other civs, and the bonuses will expire once you leave the Forced Labor / Agrarianism civics which are disadvantageous in the late game.

(I think South Africa may be added with the post-colonial civs anyway?)
No, only Latin America.

Um Leoreth.. I just realized that you already add the Yogyakarta-Mataram mechanic to the cnm.. thank you :)

However,

Spoiler :
def onReligionSpread(self, iReligion, iPlayer, city):

if iReligion == iIslam:
if city.getName() == 'Yogyakarta':
city.setName('Mataram', False)

Is this mean that Yogyakarta turns into Mataram whenever Islam spread to that city?
It should be Mataram that turns to Yogyakarta, not vice versa :)

The Islamic sultanate that rise from the ashes of Majapahit have capital around the Mataram too, named Kotagede, that is now just a suburb of Yogyakarta :)

We were talking about this a while ago. Hopefully, Leoreth will get around to it before too long, seeing as he has so many other big plans for this modmod.

Finish slave trade -> stability changes -> Tibet -> barbarian redesign -> ?? is my priority list at the moment.

Right now slaves for Aztec is weak, low probablity and only +1 hammer for city, I'd rather have them as workers. Maybe let them be workers with limited life span, like 10 turns?

How about IVC?
I'm not sure how to do them or if they can be done at all at the moment.

Right now slaves for Aztec is weak, low probablity and only +1 hammer for city, I'd rather have them as workers. Maybe let them be workers with limited life span, like 10 turns?
I'll include more effects specific to Aztec slaves soon.

Added a rudimentary AI for the new features, will have to wait if that's enough. I've also changed to second Congo goal to make 1000 gold by slave trade by 1800 AD.

Currently you can hire horse units before the Europeans have arrived as the Aztecs.
There also is a Mexican catapult in Antartica.

I'll correct that.

Edit : Forgot to update the page before posting, my question has just been answered.

has the ability of the new world civs to hire horses and gunpowder units been fixed ?if not it should be because its unhistorical.

Right now, if you settle on calender resources like cotton, you get bonus of both plantation and slave plantation. For example: Pattala on plain/river/cotton = 2 :food: 4:hammers: and 10 :commerce:. On grassland plain suger = 3:food: 2:hammers: and 5:commerce:. Well, this make India a bit easier.

has the ability of the new world civs to hire horses and gunpowder units been fixed ?if not it should be because its unhistorical.
I've just fixed it. I had already included a check that made hiring units that the player can't build impossible until the New World is discovered. The problem with that is that I didn't consider that the check for players doesn't include necessary bonuses, because these checks are done on a city level (because certain cities might be connected to the resource while others aren't). But it should exclude mounted or iron based units too now.

Right now, if you settle on calender resources like cotton, you get bonus of both plantation and slave plantation. For example: Pattala on plain/river/cotton = 2 :food: 4:hammers: and 10 :commerce:. On grassland plain suger = 3:food: 2:hammers: and 5:commerce:. Well, this make India a bit easier.
Oh, that's definitely not intended, expect a fix soon.

I'm not sure how to do them or if they can be done at all at the moment.

I know :)
Independent Harappa & Mohenjo-Daro, with Dravidian-style warrior & archers, granary, harbor, canal etc and auto-razed right when Majahanapadas India spawn.

Top Bottom