The Shinto Religion Mod

Thankyou very much for those files RogerBacon! They are working great for me. :goodjob:

When I get some free time this week I'm going to try copy and pasting the vanilla religion icons into them. Hopefully I won't screw them up again trying to edit these. :crazyeye:

Nice work Dual.

I hate the gamefont files. I have a version that works for my mod now, and hopefully I will never need to touch them again.

it bothers me that the req for shamanism is mysticism

Shinto was founded around 100 AD, but with mysticism as req it will be founded 3000 BC

I added it to the mod I play with, but changed some things:

I named the tech neo-shamanism, requires feudalism (it was in feudal japan that shinto was founded)

The position in the tech tree isn't meant to be historically correct. This mod came about because I wanted another choice for a religion early in the game, and I thought Shinto would be nice for that.

I'm glad you found a way to fit it into your game though, have fun with it. :)

Hmm I was looking foward to this I liked version 2 and thought the changes here would make it a touch better ie the new shrine message......

When I load the mode the game crashes at the int engine phase. I cannot see the whole error screen due to the civ splash screen, but seems to be referencing the drivers and graphics settings........any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

:(

Sorry, I've never come across that loading the game, and don't know what would be causing it.

You have the latest patch (v1.52) installed right? Have you tried updating your graphics card's drivers, updating the DirectX version, or changing the game's graphics settings? Other than that I don't know what to suggest.

Since I'm not all that familiar with how mods work, how would I add this to another mod?

Also, does Shinto show up in the religious advisor screen like the original seven?

Since I'm not all that familiar with how mods work, how would I add this to another mod?

To put it simply, the files from both mods have to be in the same folder to combine them. But it's a lot more complicated than that, because any files that are named the same will have to be merged together manually by copying and pasting in notepad.

It's not really all that hard if you are familiar with XML and python, but it will be time consuming. I label most of my changes inside the files, so finding the added code won't be too hard.

Also, does Shinto show up in the religious advisor screen like the original seven?

Yep, the Shinto religion shows up everywhere the origional religions do.

Hey Dual,

Have you ever thought about making any more mods like this one? I really like the addition of Shinto to the game and most of the religion mods out there today require me to get rid of a religion (usually Confucianism gets cut) in order to add a new one, something that I do not like to do. Great job!

ides said:
Hey Dual,

Have you ever thought about making any more mods like this one? I really like the addition of Shinto to the game and most of the religion mods out there today require me to get rid of a religion (usually Confucianism gets cut) in order to add a new one, something that I do not like to do. Great job!

Thanks! :) But I've been using all my free time making units now that we are able to. So I probably won't be doing any more mods until I run out of things I want to model. And that's going to be a while, because there is a lot of sci-fi and fantasy units I want to add to the game. :D

Shinto Mod... the best I've seen ^^

Dual, you are now who I will worship instead of... who did I worship in the first place... anyway its a great mod.
I'm curious though, you planning on making any other religious mods? Because making a mod that works with each update can be hell. >.>

Curious thats all ^-^ <3

Thanks for the mod

John Stalin said:
Shinto Mod... the best I've seen ^^

Dual, you are now who I will worship instead of... who did I worship in the first place... anyway its a great mod.
I'm curious though, you planning on making any other religious mods? Because making a mod that works with each update can be hell. >.>

Curious thats all ^-^ <3

Thanks for the mod

Nope, no more mods of any type for the time being. :) I'm having more fun making units right now, and it's keeping me very busy.

Top Bottom