CIV Gold!

Got a bit of a request. When you readd Taizong, there's another leader that might be nice to add. Ibn Saud. He's in a lot of the other civilization packs, as well as VD. It's nice having a modern Arabia leader.
I believe Ekmek made it.

Actually, I thought I had added Ibn Saud already. It becomes a bit of a blur after a while. I can look at this in a future release.

Hey guys!
First of all, I have to say, it is a fantastic work. All of you, absolutely awesome. I'm a huge fan :)

For the last few days (on this weekend spent many hours), I was trying to find all the LH artwork that is already made. It certainly did not happen, but close enough to post :)
I started my project based on TheLastOne36's database, but eventually i saw all the LH-s uploaded from:
Ekmek, The Capo, Methyl Orange, dutchking, cfkane, NikNaks, bernie14, IgorS, C. Roland, Zerver, garretsidzaka, Aranor, esnaz, The Navy Seal, mourndraken, HuaynaCapac357, PW90, KrugerPritz, Flintlock1415, Jawk, cool3a2, pencilgod, DarkStyx, Refar (I'm surely forgot to mention some of u, sry for that); and of course Wyz_sub10 and Amra (and all the LH-s already included in CIV Gold 5).
As an add-on, I tried to look for LH-s in many other mods too, including some of the older mods...

So now i have some suggestions and request (not so few :)), probably most of them are absolutely wrong. Anyway, if just some of them get through then totally worth it. If the other fans agree with me and we can ask Wyz to work some more and put them in Gold that would be awesome.

Btw, I just registered today, because the new CIV Gold release, altough i was here all the time :)

Basically I just watched the LeaderHeads, nothing from traits, civs, etc. So as i wrote above, these suggestions may be totally wrong. For some LH-s I can't even find all the images and dl-s which were previously uploaded, because dl link is broken...
On the other hand, I'm sure that there are good reasons why Wyz left some of them out, and in many occasions it was intentional.
And everyone keep in mind, these are just my opinions, I certanly don't want to hurt anyone's feelings if i dont like some of his/hers favourite or own LH-s.

Part 1 (Switch):

First of all, I second some of the previous suggestions (LH changes) posted a few pages earlier by MadmanOfALeader. I like the current Stambolov and Christian IV very much, but The Capo's versions are way better. My suggestion is to use the old ones as other leaders, your Christian IV would be perfect as another danish king. This stands for Charles V too (which u changed since 5.0), he would be perfect for other European ruler.

The change of Sejong (Korea) to DarkStyx's version would be great too, there are too many reskins of Kublai Khan.

Stephen I of Hungary (Magyar) has an improved version (this may be the even newer one). And a new version of Arpad will be ready soon (thx to cool3a2)

Ekmek will update soon not just Ataturk, Meiji too (if i remember correctly).

MadmanOfALeader's other suggestion were Collins (Irish, The Capo, top left corner on the picture), David (Israel, Ekmek), and Suppiluima (Hittite, Amra, 1st picture, 3rd row, 5th leader).
On the same picture there is an image of the current Gold David (4th row 3rd leader) and Collins (4th row 1st leader).
I vote for the new Collins, and definietly Amra's version of Suppiluiluma. The one in CIV Gold looks as fine as this, but it is a Darius reskin, and Amra's is unique.
As of David: I like the current David too much (just his invisible crown shades background when he bows :S), or maybe I just do not like Ekmek's David enough, so I'm not sure on this one. It would be real good in CIV Gold without the crown bug, even though he is Cyrus reskin...

His last intention was Beowulf (cfkane) as Canute (Viking), which may be good too. Canute's axe is not that great, and the Beowulf LH is more unique.

I was thinking much about Teuta (Albania/Illyria). The current version is an Elizabeth reskin, there are many of them already. But there is an old Teuta from GarretSidzaka, which is another reskin, but maybe fits better for Teuta (may only need a little update).

Personally I don't like the helmets of "stonehead" Leonidas (Greece) and Richard (England), but Richard is much better. It may stay if others like it. Anyway I suggest Cleomenes I (The Capo) as Leonidas, if u dont want to add him as Cleomenes. I found another Richard the Lion Heart (Zerver), but did not find the dl, so I don't know anything of this one...

Menelik II (Ethiopia) in 5.1 Gold is another reskin of Kublai Khan. I can't help it, but i still see him as an asian. Amra had another Menelik II in his modpack (3rd picture, 3rd row, 4th leader), and it is way better. Fits there without any problems, and there are not that many Mansa reskins. I would go for that instead without any doubts...

There is Vercingetorix (Celts). He is not one of my favourites in CIV Gold, and Methyl Orange has another one. I don't like it that much either, so i would like opinions for this too.

Finally (for this post :)): Kleopatra. There is a whole thread for her with many LH suggestions. I just hope that soon we'll have a perfect Kleo. Until then u could change for a better one (maybe the Ekmek-PW90 cooproduction). It's far from perfect, but still...

End of 'switch' section.

Edit: updated some info to the David/Suppi/Collins parts

Amra's Suppi is better than the one in Civ Gold. Ekmek made a great David. And Capo made a new Collins.

Part 2 (Add as):

This is for the Leaders, that have improved or better versions for CIV Gold, but the previous versions are so good that they deserve to be in it as another leader.
I will need help with this, just managed to collect these LH-s, did not have time to make actual suggestions for most of them.

I already mentioned Stambolov (Gold), Christian IV (Gold) and Charles V (C. Roland) before. The old Christian IV may be another Danish King, Charles V another European Leader. No idea for Stambolov.
There is a great Charlemange version (C. Roland), i would love to see that as a new King.
I love the other version of Julius Civilis (Aranor), great LH, and it can be used too (no idea where).

Found an old Boudica too (esnaz), and I can totally imagine her to be an Irish Queen

My another idea is for Troy. I always thought that MethylOrange's Zeus looks a lot like Priamos. With little changes we would have a perfect second leader for this civ :)

The Capo has a real good Pharaoh, it should be in, just have to find out which actual pharaoh he suits. His Byzantine leader can easily get in as Heraclius (as he intended).

For Rome there are two versions of Trajans. The first Trajan is Ekmek's, which should actually go as Trajan in the Gold, and the other Trajan is C. Roland's. I think with little changes it would be a perfect Nero. And I red somewhere that the Seleucus in Gold can easily be Scipio Africanus. I totally agree ;)

In my last post I wrote but fits in this section too:
You may add Cleomenes I (The Capo) as Leonidas and Beowulf (cfkane) as Canute (if u don't want to add them otherwise).

The last 3 are just here to have a full list: there are other versions of Pacal the Great (esnaz), Itzcoatl (PW90), Afonso Henriques (PW90). These are not that great, but may be used as another leader with changes...

End of 'add as' section.

Amra's Suppi is better than the one in Civ Gold. Ekmek made a great David. And Capo made a new Collins.

I know Amra' Suppi and Ekmek's David, both are great LH-s. I'm just not sure they are better than the ones currently in Gold, i like them too. Lets vote for these two :)
As for Collins, I did not see The Capo's, it may be better. I just saw C. Roland's that is actually in CIV Gold now. If u can give me a link i'll look at it right now.
Apart from these you agree with the suggestions?

Hi guys,

When you are making suggestions, can you post links like IgorS did with his suggestions?

I can't stress this enough - this is version 5.0, there are hundreds of new LHs in the mix. I can't possibly visualize every community LH in my head, and in some cases LHs are redone but I didn't know about it.

For instance, my Collins LH *was* made by C. Roland, and I *had* Amra's Supp in, only to have people request the other.

Lastly, sometimes I just don't like a LH for some reason - the texture is rough or the animation seems off. Other times I have preserved mediocre LHs because they come from people who have given 20-30-50 hours of time to the project since 1.0, and they deserve that.

So please do feel free to make suggestions - with links, thanks - but don't seem so surprised if they are not all taken. :)

Part 3 (Definietly add):

I think these LH-s are so great that they should be in CIV Gold no matter what. So, without specific (or just with minimal) explanation:

Byzantine: Theodora (Ekmek)
Heraclius (The Capo) - mentioned before

Izrael: Solomon (The Capo)

Spain: El Cid (Ekmek)

England: George III (Ekmek)

Minoan: King Minos (The Navy Seal) - only one leader for this civ yet, and he is perfect

Rome: Trajan (Ekmek)
Marcus Anthonius (pencilgod) - The Capo has a new version (new background)

Greece: Cleomenes I (The Capo) - if no switch for Leonidas
Antiochus (The Capo) - old Alexander reskin

Egypt: Akhenaton (Methyl Orange)

Ukraine: Yaroslav (The Capo) - no leader from that era yet

Magyar: Matthias Corvinus (esnaz) - other link - a little change on his hair may be good
Kossuth Lajos (Ekmek) - reskin coming soon

Arabia: Ibn Saud (Ekmek) - reskin coming soon

China: Taizong (Firaxis)

Ottoman: Selim (Methyl Orange), Selim (PW90) - 2 versions - which is better

France: Napoelon III (Ekmek)

Viking: Harald Hadrada (C. Roland) - in CIV Gold as Alaric (Gothic), but was made to be Viking, so it should be in as a Viking leader too (with little reskin)

America: Jefferson Davis (Ekmek)
Patton (dutchking) - older version - newer version

Russia: Zhukov (dutchking)

Germany: Rommel (dutchking)

I know that the last 3 are not leaders, "just" generals, but they are one of the greatest in history, and the LH-s look awesome. Most importantly, all 3 are to a big nation with many leaders, so i think it fits to have a general among them...

End of 'definietly add' section.

Hi guys,

When you are making suggestions, can you post links like IgorS did with his suggestions?

I can't stress this enough - this is version 5.0, there are hundreds of new LHs in the mix. I can't possibly visualize every community LH in my head, and in some cases LHs are redone but I didn't know about it.

For instance, my Collins LH *was* made by C. Roland, and I *had* Amra's Supp in, only to have people request the other.

Lastly, sometimes I just don't like a LH for some reason - the texture is rough or the animation seems off. Other times I have preserved mediocre LHs because they come from people who have given 20-30-50 hours of time to the project since 1.0, and they deserve that.

So please do feel free to make suggestions - with links, thanks - but don't seem so surprised if they are not all taken. :)

Hi Wyz,

It's absolutely understandable, and I wrote the same down in my first 2 posts. You know much more about all of this, why the leaders are this way.
If u agree with me its perfect, but I don't expect this to be happen in everything.
If it is close to half then I'm happy :)

As for the links: I intended to post link for the LH-s not easy to found. Just wanted to finish posting my suggestions first.
Anyway most of them are from The Capo or Ekmek or other big LH makers, and i dont think u need my link to find their Gallery ;)

Part 4 (May add):

I like these LH-s too, just not sure everyone else would. Or some of them may need little modifications to be good to go.

Austria: Metternich (Ekmek)

Sumeria: Sargon (Amra; 3rd picture, 4th row, last leader) - I'm not sure why u left this out, i think it was in Gold too in the previous versions

Egypt: Menes (The Navy Seal)

Magyar: Nagy Imre (cool3a2) - don't have a final version yet
Szechenyi (Zerver)

Greece: Pyrrhus (The Capo) - Alexander reskin with helmet
George I (esnaz) - modern greek ruler

Serbia: Tito (garretsidzaka) - it may fit as a Serb ruler too

Welsh: Owain Glyndwr (Jawk) - may need little upgrade

America: T. Roosevelt (The Capo), T. Roosevelt (dutchking) - probably it's the same, just The Capo reuploaded it
Robert E. Lee (Ekmek)

German: Hindenburg (dutchking)
Kaiser Wilhelm (dutchking)

Arabia: Muawiyah of Mecca (mourndraken)

Armenia: Mamikonian (esnaz, Wyz_sub10)

Getai (Dacia): Burebista (Aranor) - verson 1 - redux version

Persia: Shaherezade (Zerver) - may not be a leader, just like this soooo much

England: King Arthur (cfkane)

Rome: Romulus and Remus (cfkane) - if it is possible with minor modification it would be better to add just Romulus

Vikings: Beuwulf (cfkane) - if no swith for Canute

The last 4 are far from actual leaders, so it's a little off-limits. Still, they can be in CIV Gold in my concept. This is absolutely up to Wyz to decide.

End of 'may add' section.

Somebody here asked where is the new Mick Collins. The Capo didn't really make a new Collins. It is actually cfkane's Jack Ryan with the old Collins's clothes. It can be found in one of The Capo's Europe modpacks.
And if we're suggesting stuff here. I would suggest using another of cfkane's creations- King Arthur in one of two ways (or both, if you want).
1. Suggested by Madman- use him as Poland's Casimir. I think this is a great idea and I installed him as Casimir in my game.
2. Colour his armour in silver or grey, maybe change a few things to make his face thinner and use him as Afonso Henriques instead of this green Louis XIV who doesn't even look medieval.

Huhh, just finished links for previous posts.

Part 5 (Other LH-s for civs in Gold):

Among these leaders there are some not so fine designs (at least yet), and some real great ones that was only left out becuse there are already many leaders for that civilization.

China: Chiang Kai-shek (NikNaks) - work in progress
Zhao Kuangyin (HuaynaCapac357)
Zhu Di (HuaynaCapac357)
Ming Huang (HuaynaCapac357)

Arabia: Harun al Rashid (PW90)

Persia: Abbas I (dutchking) - not even sure he is persian

Russia: Tzar Nicholas II (dutchking)

Magyar: Bela IV (Zerver)
Solyom Laszlo (Zerver)

England: Alfred the Great (The Navy Seal) - Anglo-Saxon
Harold Godwinson (Flintlock1415) - Saxon England
William the Conqueror (Flintlock1415) - Normandy/England
Robert Stewart (Jawk) - Duke of Albany

Greece: Aigimos (Aranor) - Dorian Greece
Amphianax (Aranor) - Generic Greece

Rome: Unfinished Roman LH (C. Roland) - If someone plans to finish this leader, he could make a fine (undoubtedly aggressiv) Roman Emperor

Italy: Silvio Berlusconi (KrugerPritz)

France: Nicholas Sarkozy (KrugerPritz)
Petain (dutchking)

America: Stonewall Jackson (Ekmek)
John Muir (Ekmek)
Brigham Young (cfkane)
Schwarzenegger (Ekmek)
Obama (GarretSidzaka)
John McCain (GarretSidzaka), John McCain (NikNaks) - 2 versions
Clinton (bernie14) - work in progress

End of 'other LH-s for civs in Gold' section.

Part 6 (Other LH-s for civs not in Gold):

Hope some of these will be in the next version (at least the first 7, they would be great additional civs and have quality LeaderHeads) ;)

Thrace: Teres I (Aranor)
Cersobleptes (The Capo)

Switzerland: Dufour (The Capo)

Venice: Enrico Dandolo (Ekmek)

Venezuela: Hugo Chavez (NikNaks) - Cybrxkhan's whole civ for Venezuela

Puerto Rico: Munoz Martin (The Capo)

Jamaica: Bustamente (AndyTerry)
Modyford (AndyTerry) - always kinda liked Amra's pirate leader

Carantania: Samo (MethylOrange)

Lydia: Croesus (Aranor)

Hattusas: Mursilis (The Navy Seal) - not sure whats the connection with the Mursilis in CIV Gold

Sarmatian: Spadines (Aranor)

Casse: Cunobelin (Aranor)

Lusitani: Viriathus (Aranor)

Pontos: Mithradates (Aranor)

Cham: Che Bong Nga (esnaz)

Lombard: Alboin (esnaz)

Khazaria: Ziebel (esnaz)

And if in the future u plan to spice up Greece (there is already a Minoa and Troy):
Greek leaders could be Pericles, Leonidas (Cleomenes), Antiochus, George I, based on my previous posts

Macedonia: Antigonus (Aranor) - Also Philip II and Alexander would get here

Mycenae: Agamemnon (esnaz) - Cybrxkhan has another version of this civ - Because of Troy and Minoa it fits real well

Epeiros: Pyrrhus (Aranor) - The Capo has an even better Pyrrhus

End of 'other LH-s for civs not in Gold' section.

I'm talking about borrowing them for other mods. Doesn't FPKing the art make them at least partially non-modular?

Well, you would have to unpak it again, but that is not really an issue for anyone who wants to use them in a different mod.

imo Civ Gold should be FPK-ed to speed up loading (significantly) for all those who just want to play it. The few who actually want to get the art can always unpak it again or simply get it from the site directly (for much of it at least).

I agree that all my leaders should appear in the mod. :mischief:

Yep, i suggested many of your leaders for CIV Gold.
Not all of them, but almoust ;)
I just can't get the ones from your diplomacy mod and modpacks, because of the broken links :(

Edit: If u r too busy now and can't reupload them soon, u could just update the altered or new leaderheads you use there to your gallery or one of the LH threads.

Yep, i suggested many of your leaders for CIV Gold.
Not all of them, but almoust ;)
I just can't get the ones from your diplomacy mod and modpacks, because of the broken links :(

Edit: If u r too busy now and can't reupload them soon, u could just update the altered or new leaderheads you use there to your gallery or one of the LH threads.

For the most part all of the LHs I have made are available in the database. The ones advertised in my gallery are all there, the only ones that I either slightly modified or modified from someone else's work (so I didn't take credit for it) are Peron (I added an emblem to his sash), San Martin (same thing), and Collins (I used a reskinned/remodelled Jack Ryan with C. Roland's Colins' attire) which are only available in the module packs. I am relatively sure the Americas works, the others I am updating so I haven't reuploaded them. Solomon and the Pharaoh are going to be redone as well.

Top Bottom