Whats your favorite and least favorite religion in FFH?

Xanikk999

History junkie
I really like runes of kilmorph and octopus overlords. But since im a warmonger i go with octopus overlords alot.

I dont like the fellowship of the leaves that much. Its bonuses are minimal, has very few UUs and almost no UBs with the religion.

Ancient forest isnt that great unless your the ljosofar because only they can build improvements on it. Without improvements the ancient forest is only good early game.

I rarely use the ashen viel and i have NEVER used the order. They come way too late....

Depends on the civ. If I use Calabim (Flauros), I go FoL. If I use Elohim (Ethne the White), I go Runes. Others civ I go for the most fitting religion for the start/strategy of that game...

First i usually use runes or overlords, then i convert to the Order, unless i am playing an evil civ.

I like Octopus Overlords the best. For warmongering it is the best early religion.

I also find it very unique and "flavorful" compared to the Order and the Ashen Veil - the standard good and evil religions.

Slight change in topic, but I think it's better to put Ancient Forest as elven civ trait rather than Fellowship of Leaves. That way Ljosalfar players does not always choose FoL as the religion and feel as if Ljosalfar is screwed if they do not establish FoL.

for me it is very very case dependent,
if dwarves i go runes , if elves i go leaves , if lanun i go overlords , if elohim i always go viel , if bannor i always go order ... other then that its kinda case by case

Hello, I've been expecting you. Sit down, have a drink. You might as well make yourself comfortable; you aren't going anywhere for a while. You've come looking for my first post, haven't you. Heh, I thought so. Well, you won't find it. It is far away, in a safe place. Oh don't get up. While I've got you here, we might as well talk for a while.
You are probably wondering why I went to the trouble of writing this post. Well, it is quite complicated.

theres a slight difference, which is why i didnt bring up the previous thread, the difference being this thread includes which is your least favourite, which yields a slightly different conversation (though ashen veil may not be many peoples favourite religion, it may in fact be most peoples second or third, but the other poll is misleading that way).

also note that poll speaks about Strength, not favor.

I like Fellowship of leaves the best because of the ancient forests -- I really like the feel that brings to them. But I find it too powerful. You have no health or happiness concerns in your big cities. That takes away an interesting tension.

The Ashen Veil have the best graphics, I think. So I'd go with them next.

As for least favorite. I guess the order. They just seem a bit one dimensional. To be fair, though, I have never bothered to found them or convert to them.

I tend to go Order, though if I have no incense but have reagents nearby I might go Veil. I might have gone for Kilmorph a time or two in times past, but seeing as how their temple is getting (thankfully) nerfed in the next patch, I don't want to get used to them. I like to build big empires, and the Order's Basilica is awesome for doing that. On the flipside, the Veil gets you to Arcane Lore quicker, though the effectiveness of that is getting decreased in the next patch, too...

I like the OO for their theme song (the one that plays when you find it) :lol:

Usually i play as OO or Fellowship of the Leaves. But usually it depends on the civ that im playing... if the civ is as dark as the shiem (sp?) or Clan of the Blood then ill go Ashen Viel . My least fav. is usually dwarves.

Lately I've been finding myself going with Runes initially(works especialy well if your playign an evil civ :p wether stock calabim or random personalities) and then founding the Order and converting. With runes though, you get the early happiness while you build up to the Order. And when you switch to the order you still keep the +3 gold from teh temples of Kilmorph. On top of hte quick conversion of the empire wiht free acolytes when order gets founded in a city... anwyays, lol, thats just cuase I like playing goody two shoes..

Civkid1991 said:
I like the OO for their theme song (the one that plays when you find it) :lol:

Usually i play as OO or Fellowship of the Leaves. But usually it depends on the civ that im playing... if the civ is as dark as the shiem (sp?) or Clan of the Blood then ill go Ashen Viel . My least fav. is usually dwarves.

I agree. The OO theme song is really awesome. Who did that song?

I also like the chanting when you found ashen viel.

Xanikk999 said:
I agree. The OO theme song is really awesome. Who did that song?

Sting. My wife suggested that clip, its from his "Desert Rose" song.

My favorite is the Order. It has a good theme song, while OO still beats it my play stratagy doesn 't favour the OO and I end up hating my game if I switch and go for it. Can't beat lower maintance though. One of the few things that scales through the game is maintance so the orders bonus will always be welcome while Runes is only nice at the beginning.

OO is my least favourite. Slaverey is only nice if you play against elves (Dwarves slaves aren't that important as unpillagable mines are allright but not great).

Still it might be cool in the next patch to go from OO to Viel after enslaving some orc workers. You can build barrows and what not then with out worries.

Nero's fire said:
My favorite is the Order. It has a good theme song, while OO still beats it my play stratagy doesn 't favour the OO and I end up hating my game if I switch and go for it. Can't beat lower maintance though. One of the few things that scales through the game is maintance so the orders bonus will always be welcome while Runes is only nice at the beginning.

OO is my least favourite. Slaverey is only nice if you play against elves (Dwarves slaves aren't that important as unpillagable mines are allright but not great).

Still it might be cool in the next patch to go from OO to Viel after enslaving some orc workers. You can build barrows and what not then with out worries.
you get dwarven slaves from soldiers of kilmorph (so any enemie with runes should get you some usually) and you get elven slaves from archers of leaves (so anyone with leaves is a good target for war as well), so you dont need elves or dwarven civs in game, just need to let others found runes and leaves.

Kael said:
Sting. My wife suggested that clip, its from his "Desert Rose" song.

Oh cool.. you know where i could find the who version... i would like to hear it :)

Edit: what language is that?
Edit 2: what song is used for the fellowship of the leaves?

Still it might be cool in the next patch to go from OO to Viel after enslaving some orc workers. You can build barrows and what not then with out worries
I wouldn't count on that, it is the Orcish spellcasters who build the barrows, iirc. Haven't tried grabbing one of them with an inquisitor, though.

Top Bottom