Civ World Questions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

When I go to the loading screen and try and reenter Game 1163, I am given two options: "Invite Friends" or "Quit". Why can I not "Play" that game, as I can with game 1162 (which I have never played)? This is quite frustrating.

When I go to the loading screen and try and reenter Game 1163, I am given two options: "Invite Friends" or "Quit". Why can I not "Play" that game, as I can with game 1162 (which I have never played)? This is quite frustrating.

You're already at that game, they changed the GUI, it used to say continue. Click on "X" on that window should bring you to the city.

Thanks! It was really confusing. I don't know why they didn't just keep the game UI the same. I much preferred the older, simpler version of the game platform.

What are the game eras?

If some Civ is attacking my Civ, do I only care about my units Defense number or do my defense units go from defend mode to attack mode where their attack # also matters?

[e] If I have too many friends that play this game, how do I start in a fresh brand new game???

Does only the MVP of the battle get +1 pop for defending barbs? Feel like I got screwed here.

You only get +1 pop if your pop is under 8. Otherwise your reward is 2500 food.

Is it better to have 50 guys with 1 def or 25 guys with 2 def while on defense? Or is it exactly the same?

Does it make any difference if you are sending mounted units or food soldiers to a battle or are they both the same? In other words, can all units attack each other equally?

50 guys with 1 defense and 25 guys with 2 defense are identical. Unless you have a wonder/civic that increases the defense strength of units by 1. Then the 50 units with 2 defense is better than the 25 guys with 3 defense.

Mounted units and foot soldiers are also identical. Except when one unit type is completely empty of units, the other side gets a x2 bonus for all units of that type. A typical strategy for delaying defeat is to just put a single unit of size 1 to deny the enemy the x2 bonus for that unit type.

Units generally only attack their own type, unless they don't have opponents in that type (where they will then get x2 strength) and attack something else.

Mounted units and foot soldiers are also identical.

I'm becoming convinced this is not true. Mobile and Ranged units take higher casualties when they are attacked than Melee units do. I have been in fights where every time my (heroic) infantry get hit, 9 are killed, but every time my (heroic) tanks are hit, 16 are killed. I see similar results for the opponent, but it's harder to tell for sure because the opponent seems to always use such a mix of stances.

Furthermore, Naval units seem exempt from the rule that "like attack like", so that it is uncommon for naval units to be attacked. Thus if you want a strong military presence with minimal risk to your investment, build boats.

Say you've got 200 phalanxes, you want to join the battle, but all melee slots are taken (of course by worthless ~10 stacks with spearmen), there's no way you can replace one of these? This really annoys me.

Say you've got 200 phalanxes, you want to join the battle, but all melee slots are taken (of course by worthless ~10 stacks with spearmen), there's no way you can replace one of these? This really annoys me.
The defence minister can remove them as long as you don't have the Gladiator civic. So the only way I know of to remove them is to ask the defence minister, ask the owner, or be the defence minister yourself.

Units generally only attack their own type, unless they don't have opponents in that type (where they will then get x2 strength) and attack something else.
So if the enemy has no boats while you have filled up slots in all fighting positions, it would be safe to put your boats on Heroic mode since they wont be attacked?

Does upgrading a Village Green increase the production of the Scientist using it?

So if the enemy has no boats while you have filled up slots in all fighting positions, it would be safe to put your boats on Heroic mode since they wont be attacked?
Yes, your boats will be safe.

Does upgrading a Village Green increase the production of the Scientist using it?

Yes. You should always do this. Because the Palace cannot be upgraded (without winning an auction), always use a Village Green/University combo.

How is your position within a Civ (King, Duke, etc.) determined? Is it random, or based upon recent activity, or what?

Does anyone know if artillery units require metallurgy? Metallurgy isn't required for industrialization, so I just want to make sure our last-ditch effort of to survive of getting industrialization for the artillery before an upcoming battle starts isn't in vain.

Top Bottom