Comments and Suggestion about Unattended gathering, combat, etc.

No. Its cheating.

No, it isn't.

And to the other person that said "macroing" is cheating. It isn't. That is why I'm posting here. Macroing should fixed, but 2k games is doing nothing about it. If you aren't willing to take advantage of something that won't make you banned, fine. I put the data here to show the obvious disparities in hopes that they will take a strong stance on it.

Although it might not be written anywhere that "using a program to play for you is against the rules" it is fairly obvious that it is undesirable for many/most players. Many players will feel it is a cheat. Whatever you choose to call it isn't really that important. It just needs to be fixed somehow.

Question: did the bug in the update that makes you actually CLICK on bubbles that are over houses because of interference with the house popup coincidentally create issues for the macroers? Just curious.

However, I noticed in the beginning that my macro was getting a lot more resources, so to test this out, I made another account to compare the rates. After the first few hours, my main account had 8 population, while the alternate account had 4.

The 4 population account was much faster. I ran some tests, and I decided that I would macro both of my screens on the 4 population account. I could keep increasing the population of my main account to gain more harvest/trickle, but maintain the same bonus bubble rate.

Nice post, thanks for all the hard data! I tried to reproduce your results with my 7-person city. It was still early in the game, and another player's city still had a population of 4. I viewed it and popped all the resource bubbles that came up for a half-hour. Then I went back to my city view and found that although I was popping food and production bubbles at a maddening pace, I'd only added about 50 of each type of resource. This is about what one might expect through trickle income for 30 min for a size 7 city.

I'm certain I popped more than 100 food and production bubbles, so if the food and production bubbles I popped were going to me, I should have seen much more show up in my coffers when I returned to my city screen. I think popping bubbles while viewing another player's city gives the resource to that player, not to the person viewing the other player's city.

I suppose you may not have been asserting that "you keep what you pop, regardless of where you pop it," but it's my opinion that popping another player's bubbles would only be beneficial if you were on a highly-cooperative team.

It's not cheat, but it's clearly lamer.

Macro gets too advantage vs casual gamer, seriously.

It's not cheat agree, but is unfair :( my friend quitted the game after he saw that there were no way to win :sad:

Why people can't play with equal skills? Too difficult?

Nice post, thanks for all the hard data! I tried to reproduce your results with my 7-person city. It was still early in the game, and another player's city still had a population of 4. I viewed it and popped all the resource bubbles that came up for a half-hour. Then I went back to my city view and found that although I was popping food and production bubbles at a maddening pace, I'd only added about 50 of each type of resource. This is about what one might expect through trickle income for 30 min for a size 7 city.

Popping bubbles in someone else's city gives the city OWNER the resource, not you. You did him/her a massive favour. :lol:

Popping bubbles in someone else's city gives the city OWNER the resource, not you. You did him/her a massive favour. :lol:

Haha... oh well, you live and learn. I guess of all the players in the civ I could have done a massive favor for, the guy with a population size of only 4 was probably the most needy. :lol:

Question: did the bug in the update that makes you actually CLICK on bubbles that are over houses because of interference with the house popup coincidentally create issues for the macroers? Just curious.

I haven't played for a week, but I doubt that "clicking" a bubble would cause any issue for a veteran macro/script writer. I have made plenty of macros that have required clicking, and it just takes a little intelligence and creative script writing.

Interesting post! It confirms a feeling that I had... I always felt like the bubbles came up like crazy when I was first starting the game, and that if I tried later on to pop bubbles for a contest or whatever that the frequency is far less.

I haven't played for a week, but I doubt that "clicking" a bubble would cause any issue for a veteran macro/script writer. I have made plenty of macros that have required clicking, and it just takes a little intelligence and creative script writing.

Well, the issue is more that clicking sometimes destroys your buildings, as well.

From the TOS for CivWorld:

You may not access CivWorld to "(n) Publish, post, upload, transmit, distribute, disseminate or otherwise make available any automation software programs or any other unauthorized third-party software program designed to modify the CIVWORLD experience."

I think a bubble-popping macro might fall within that prohibition.

Top Bottom