Advanced Diplomacy 2

Build is coming along fine. I started back at v2.3 and put everything in one at a time. I found that the votes are causing the CTD when loading the saved game. I'm in the process of looking at it to find the problem.

Still working on this. Added about half the votes successfully so far. No Capital Punishment, Barbarian Peace, Military Medicine, and Prisoner Rights all successfully added. So v2.4 is almost done finally.

Cool! :goodjob:. When is done I wil test. =)

Hello
Whenever I load up this mod, it always tells me that my computer is below minimum settings and keeps resetting everything back to low settings and resolution.
I have no issue when loading any other mod, just this one keeps resetting? Is there any way of fixing it?

Interesting, I've never gotten this message either until I switched graphics cards. Must be a driver compatibility issue. I didn't have a problem with ATI, but receive the error with an NVIDIA card.

I successfully added the trade map and original population votes.

I successfully added the trade map and original population votes.

Nice! Some ideias coleted from others threads who could improve AD:

1) After a civ loses a war against you there should be something in place to deter them from attacking you anytime in the near future, unless they have a really good opportunity.

--> memory for lost the war.

2) Mutual Assured Destruction should be added somehow when 2 rival civs have nuclear weapons.

--> +1 we have nuclear weapons

3) A civ who rivals you in power fearing a long brutal war.

--> +1 we have the same power. The war could be difficult.

The current diplo system penalizes you far more than it rewards you. For example, when a civ demands you declare war on their enemy, if you do so you suffer a -3 relations for going to war and a -1 with all of their friends. All you gain is a boost in relations with you new ally, which doesn't make up for all the other civs you just ticked off. If you refuse you receive a -1 with the warmongering civ. The end result is a cumulatively negative hit to your relations no matter what you choose.

Civ demanding you cancel trade is a -1 for cancelling trade, and a -1 for losing opened boarders, so cumulatively a -2. Why do you not get a relations boost with the demanding civ for doing this?

--> A simple +1 "You agreed to stop trading with our worst enemy" would suffice. It would still cumulatively be a -1 to relations.

Close boarders is another negative hit to relations. After years of peace this negative hit to relations should slowly decrease over time if the civ is pleased toward you or better. If the civ is friendly there should be no tensions. In this situation close boarders are a good thing. Think of the EU and Canada, USA.

--> Close boarders decay

Why not give a boost to relations for denying specific AI demands? Say a +1 "You did not give into hostile demands" with the civ that you refused to cancel your trade relations with, or go to war against. Best case scenario you receive a -1 and a +1 and have to choose your friends.

--> +1 "You did not give into hostile demands

---

Also just thought I had now... What if you added a +1 "We have a mutual enemy" to relations with civs who are not at war, but are furious with the civ you just declared war on? This could also be a somewhat temporary boost in relations that once the war has ended would start to expire, similar to "giving tribute."

--> +1 "We have a mutual enemy

And how about a +1 "You have wisely chosen your friends" for every civ in common that you are both friendly with. This could help create a group of allies which civ4 has always been lacking and give players a reason to want to keep good relations.

--> +1 "You have wisely chosen your friends"

I think all of this would help balance things out better and give players a few tools to improve and manage their diplomacy because right now once you hit that tipping point you can never improve your relations with a civ. Also not constantly having to choose between bad and worse when you're faced with AI demands would be nice.

I successfully added the culture needs empty radius vote code.

It is the pacifiscm vote code that is causing the CTD upon loading a saved game. It is most likely the read/write values in CvGame, CvInfos, or CvTeam.cpp. I went over them all, but couldn't find the problem yet.

I found duplicate read/write values for the code in CvGame.cpp, removed the duplicate code, but it didn't fix the problem.

@Cruel:

1) After a war, there is an auto peace period already from a cease fire or peace treaty.
2) Nuclear dissuasion overides this first one as a new checkbox. It gives a -1 attitude to others with nuclear weapons.
3) This is in the Show hidden attitude mod to respect more powerful civs. A possible addition in the future.
4) Not sure, I guess the war demand is a tricky situation. The refusal attitude adjustment would help as you suggested.
5) Close borders decay. A good idea, will check if it alredy is in effect.
6) Mutual enemy attitude change is in one mod, I was thinking of merging it. Can't remember which though.
7) Mutal friends bonus attitude change is a good idea too.

I have to say, this is a brilliant little mod. It should be the cornerstone of any Civ mod project.

I have to say, this is a brilliant little mod. It should be the cornerstone of any Civ mod project.

I appreciate the feedback. :)

Here is a new update. Added condemned civic and obsolete bonus votes. In addition, some more embassy visibility fixes. It may have some errors in it, but please let me know.

Top Bottom