Strategic Reserves for BtS 3.19 (SDK, Python, and XML)

jtanner28

Chieftain
There used to be an old modcomp called More Trade Routes by Chinese American that had the neat feature of a global food and production reserve. Basically it allowed you to store up food and hammers just like you store up gold and then use them to rush production or growth. Also, it had a "Build food" process and a "Build Hammers" process similar to building wealth or culture. The modcomp was for vanilla civ4 v.1.61.

I updated and tweaked it for BtS 3.19. :) I changed the name to "Strategic Reserves" and only included the food and hammers stuff. The old modcomp changed quite a few other things. I changed the art on the food and hammer process buttons and toned down the amount of food that is stored when you set a city to "Avoid Growth".

It still needs a bit of work, but here's what I've got so far:

Download Strategic Reserves Beta 0.1: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55314/Strategic%20Reserves.7z

This modcomp is NOT currently compatible with BUG. If there's any interest in it, I've got some ideas to tweak it and to make it compatible with BUG. I'd like to add buttons to borrow a fixed number of food/hammers per round from the global pool per city instead of the current way its implemented. Also I'd like to add a + or - food/hammers per round to the global pool display similar to the commerce display. I also thought it might be neat to make the food pool and hammer pool only available after you build a "Strategic Grain Reserve" and "Strategic Oil Reserve" national wonder. These are just possible ideas for the future. :)

The download has only the changed files.

Screenshots: (Sorry for the the low screen resolution :( My flatscreen broke and I'm stuck at 1024/768 CRT.
Spoiler :

Neat idea :thumbsup:.

I hope you thought of a rushing restrictions for wonders, like it's done for the normal rushing.

The mentioned NWs might indeed an idea. Probably better to make the production a late game NW.
Oh, wait...strategic grain reserve...that would in a strange way fit to the Pyramids from Civ2 :D.

The game starts with the following error:

Attachments

• Python Error.jpg
    Python Error.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 146
I seem to remember another mod where all hammers and food production would be combined nationally and then redisbursed through all the cities you owned. I was intrigued by the idea, but lost track of it over time.

It was a way to allow cities with lots of grassland to make tons of food while cities with lots of hills could crank out the production hammers. All of these would combine into a pool and be redistributed throughout all your cities.

Hope you work it through and some other modders take it up. Would be interesting to see where it goes.

Download link broken and jtanner inactive since Nov 2012, as far as I see it.
Seems pretty much like this idea is dead now.

Yes I do.

Great, thanks. The game is missing some python function that needs to be exposed to work. I was taking a look at the more trade routes mod. That mod also has a commerical victory in it hardcoded in the C++ as well. I might try and add to it to fix it.

Top Bottom